Sicaran Fluff Questions

Jolemai

A few of questions from reading the various fluff pieces on the Sicaran Battle Tank.

In Imperial Armour volume 2 Second Edition, page 79, there is the following passage:

...It is likely that variant sub-types of the Sicaran once must have existed, perhaps mounting such legendary weapons as the graviton cannon or the volkite carronade, but if this was the case, no such examples are known to exist even within the stasis chambers of the most ancient of Chapters.

My questions are, do you think Forgeworld will release these variants for 30k and if they did, would they actually be any good?

Lastly, in HH: Massacre, page 203, there is the following snippet:

... the Sicaran uses component technologies from various STC patterns such as the Rhino, Land Raider and Hephaestus, to create a high-speed "destroyer" tank to compliment the more commonplace Predator and Land Raider designs.

Any idea what a Hephaestus is/was? The only thing I'm getting is that he was/is the ancient Greek God of blacksmiths.

Graviton cannon Sicaran? Oh god yes!

As for the Hephaestus - I wonder if it's something to do with this ancient reference to the Space Marine Hercules Heavy Tank:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/heavytanksfullscene60dy7.jpg

My questions are, do you think Forgeworld will release these variants for 30k and if they did, would they actually be any good?

I would think they will. Making tank variants probably isn't as taxing as, say, sculpting a Primarch I assume. As for whether they'd be any good... I would hope Forgeworld would at least make them competitive within the setting. Nothing too fancy, just not rubbish.

Any idea what a Hephaestus is/was? The only thing I'm getting is that he was/is the ancient Greek God of blacksmiths.

Not a clue, brother. Aside from zedmeister's suggestion, I got nothing.

Archived