XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

I just completely marvel at how beautiful that custom primarch model is.

I came up with the butcher for a relic origin, but I could help come up with more named characters in the chapter if you'd like?

Is it known where in the narrative Gwalchavad dies yet, early, late or post heresy?

Many thx. Sadly he isn't finisjed as thr same happened as ever....i am not satisfied with my painting skills and put him back. First train in less important primarchs for me^^

You mean the canonverse Gwalchavad? He dies before the heresy when he is confronted by the wilves after a scheme of malcador and guilliman but it is not the wolf who kills him. His sons do the deed amd stab him to death. The remaining wardens are hunted to the death and the few who conspired against him ( apostles of war) boost the ranks of the ultramarines and were forgotten.

In broverse his fate is open. Although he vanishes after the siege of terra. He enters the webway to search for a remedy to heal the emperor and hope in the black library.

I had the idea, that he is successful and that he returns just before the endtimes. The remedy is killing the emperor by devouring his soul. But he is overwhelmed by the sheer might of the wmperor who fed trillions of souls and his existence is obliterated. But the emperor walks the mortal plane once more. Gwal becomes the vessel. That was a key plot of the coming end times i had in mind. But that will come a bit later...after insurrection, after scouring etc.

Atm we have 1 relic, the axe agony. The blademasters axe who sacrificed jimself to buy his brerhren time so that they can rescue their wounded primarch.

We are restricted rulewise, but you are welcome to intnroduce new chars. Did you read my wip thread? There you find a lot more infomaterial.

Atm I will have 2 chars with rules Guaire Amalasan (The primarch killer) and Mikhal THE SCORPION (first warden). But introduced chars are Cervantes de Leon and his Brother Dumah de Leon, Kailan who was invented by Sig and who i will give a bigger role as he will be there to drive the story from his pov forward in the insurrection (thx sig, inspired me). Kelenteil & Moragh who are invented by Meros and play bigger Roles in the canonverse atm but I hope we can transfer them to the broverse.

Do you know how the pariah gene is activated? And do you know the special units?

Atm I work on a reimagiming of the wardens of light origin. Or to be more correct on Gwals. It is atm confusing and paradox. But if you want to read it, shoot me a pm.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

I understand the Pariah Gene, but does it activate in times of great stress, or total serenity

I had the idea, that he is successful and that he returns just before the endtimes. The remedy is killing the emperor by devouring his soul. But he is overwhelmed by the sheer might of the wmperor who fed trillions of souls and his existence is obliterated. But the emperor walks the mortal plane once more. Gwal becomes the vessel. That was a key plot of the coming end times i had in mind. But that will come a bit later...after insurrection, after scouring etc.

We are restricted rulewise, but you are welcome to intnroduce new chars. Did you read my wip thread? There you find a lot more infomaterial.

Atm I will have 2 chars with rules Guaire Amalasan (The primarch killer) and Mikhal THE SCORPION (first warden). But introduced chars are Cervantes de Leon and his Brother Dumah de Leon, Kailan who was invented by Sig and who i will give a bigger role as he will be there to drive the story from his pov forward in the insurrection (thx sig, inspired me). Kelenteil & Moragh who are invented by Meros and play bigger Roles in the canonverse atm but I hope we can transfer them to the broverse.

Do you know how the pariah gene is activated? And do you know the special units?

Atm I work on a reimagiming of the wardens of light origin. Or to be more correct on Gwals. It is atm confusing and paradox. But if you want to read it, shoot me a pm.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

You're current plan for the end of the primarch is great

Could you unpack the paragraph about your current characters, I didn't really understand it. It also seems like they're all Terran an none of them are from Gwal's world.

I'd also love to help you out with the origin if you'd pm it to me.

I feel like I'd also like to help you nail out your organization, which seems to be scattered throughout your threads, if you don't have a current master document.

Yeah. My fault. All is scattered^^

The characters:

Mikhal The SCORPION, first warden is the prince of the northern sky and a resident of Caerbannog.

Guaire Amalasan is the former Legion Master but due to horrible decissions, he lost a big chunk of the apostles army and he himself lost both arms and legs but in the process awakened the pariah gene, only he can never focus amd control the ability. Terran

Those were the two chars who have or will get rules.

Other Characters:

Arngrim Valten, Blademaster, Equerry to the Primarch, Combat Beatstick, referenced theoughout the legions as THE LEGEND, dies in Battle against Travier, Primarch of the Eagle Warriors to buy his brothers ( Scorpion) Time. Terran

Cervantes de Leon, Jetbike Preator. Terran

Dumah de Leon, Lord of Light, Commander of the Sword of Light, Sucessor of Guaire Amalasan. Terran

Kelenteil & Moragh Terran

Kailan Caerbannog

Here a List of the Fleet. Although Kelenteil and Moragh must be inserted. Gaelic Names are Caerbannogi

Wardens of Light XIIth Legion:

Fleet of the Wardens of Light 157000 Astartes strong

1 – Gwalchavad (Primarch) The Avatar of Light– Caledwylch - 11th expeditionary fleet 25.000 Astartes

Arngrim Valten - The Blademaster and Duelist of the Wardens of Light. Personal Equerry of Gwalchavad

Each Lord of Light has 15.000 Astartes in his fleet

2 - Míkhal the Scorpion(Caerbannog) First Warden – Nosonsêr- 22th

3 - Llwch Llenlleawg(Caerbannog) - Heddwch - 100th

4 – Kelenteil (Terran) – The Source of Light - 44th

5 - Guaire Amalasan (Terran) [stepped down from command prior to the Reunion] Now under the command of Cervantes de Leon and his Brother Dumah de Leon– Sword of Light - 66th

Each fleet with 10.000 Astartes lead from a Bearer of Light

6 - Bors (Caerbannog) - Sêrgolau - 55th

7 - Nalesean Aldiajar (Terran)– Red Hand –1337th

8 - Gwalcmai(Caerbannog) - Cyfnos - 88th

9 – Galad(Caerbannog) - Wawr - 99th

10- Gaidarl Kané(Terran) - Silverbow - 111th

11 - Eamon Valdan (Terran)- Children of Light - 222th

Reserve fleet stationed on Caerbannog guarding Avalon and 2 Masters of the Fortress oversee the indoctrination of new Astartes into the ranks oft he Wardens of Light. (12.000 Astartes Strong)

12- Bedwyr(Caerbannog) + Moragh (Terran) - Avalon (Legion Fortress) - 363th

Your help is welcome.

The legion structure is like a three, where the primarch is roots and trunk and the different branches represent the different chapters while the leaves are the marines.

Sitheadair, Comheadair and Storm Blast are Branches of their own and are split between the other branches if needed. Maybe they are the fruits^^

I should start a master document^^

https://1d4chan.org/images/6/63/Space_Marine_Legion.jpg

So to apply the normal legion structure in the image above, the Fleet leaders and Garrison captain are the praetorare, and the legion has 157 chapters. Do you wanna call the chapter's something else?

I also think it would help to simplify the rank title, lord of light, bearer of light, avatar of light, it's just repetitive if everyone's title is x of light.

And the names are Gaelic? I was wondering where Gwalvachad came from, you might want to anglicize them because their difficult to read. Where's Vercingetorix /s?

May I throw in my 2 cents?

Your ambition is great. Enjoying it. :)

But please have in mind that Mikhal has a clear vision of his Legion (like everyone of us has). He's working on them for more than a year and he, if I may say one thing about him, he knows what he wants. That was the first thing I learned when I got to know him. ;)

If I may make a proposal, I would say: instead of trying to improve them (and exchange for examples specific names or try to give them another flair), try to use the already existing stuff as it is.

Believe me. It's the easier way. :)

The tonfas are the atandard weapons of the wardens. I know, they look cool etc but the issue with swords are from a standpoint were no guns exist: swords have only the purpose of killing. You can't use it to hunt the gigantic skybirds( okay you could throw a sword at them but you see the point) you can't smash the corn ( flail, stick from where a tonfa developed) fell a three ( axe) etc. It was merely a tool of killi ng. Amd when Gwal freed caerbannog je urged the people to destroy all tools which were exclusively killing tools. And that was part of their culture. Terran borns don't k ow this. Out of respect for their primarch they changed tgeir weaponry but among the ranks of former apostles swords are still a commmon sight although their caerbannog brethren look upon them.

Or to quote Robert Jordan:

It's a remnant of the Way of the Leaf. A sword is useful only for killing other men. An axe is also a tool, and a spear or a bow can put food on the table. Swords can only kill.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Perhaps, but it's certainly a more defensive weapon than a sword, most of a Tonfa-user's fighting style would likely revolve around parry/redirect-and counter techniques. It's not really suited to striking first, it's like why Shaolin Monks train with potentially lethal weapons despite being pascifistic by nature, they don't want to fight you, but by Buddha if you force them into a physical confrontation you'll regret it.

But that would be a wardens army.^^

As we have 50:50 terrans amd caerbannogi, we will have a few swords. And axes, glaives, lances, morningstars, and hammers count as tools

On a glaive tou can dry your wet clothes^^

Just remember him:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/21/787159-.jpg

By the way: any ideas for rules? Wanted to base him loosly on polux. Having his sword strike if je sacrifces all attacks at initiative. He has a stormbolter and is a pariah who can't focus his powers. Hmm brilliant tactician but his pride let to wrong decissions in the past ( except for his head and trunk, all is bionic)

By the way: he is the bad guu who killed gwal in the canonverse. In broverse he is somewhat of a nice guy and very devoted to gwal.