Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

XI Legion Primarch Project Forgotten Legion lost XI Legion Pariah Primarch Void Great Crusade missing primarch

• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

As a former night lord player i wanted to create a total cintrast to their theme. And the contra to their darkness is the light. Light bearers was not possible as well as light bringers because to close to the lightning bearers so i chose wardens of light.

Names for the units: what is their purpose and how would.i name them as english variant, then I checked some gaelic names.and thought those sound cool. I love the sitheadair especially

That's cool, I never thought of looking at the legion name that way. For unit names I'll be taking ancient mythological creatures for unique units. 

My (very slow) Horus Heresy blog (now with militia and IH): 

http://www.bolterand...eresy-projects/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,743 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Cool..can't wait to see your approach. Always love the creativity of the community when it comes to the lost legions.
  • Ferrus Manus likes this

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Harrowmaster

Harrowmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Imperial Guard

Cool..can't wait to see your approach. Always love the creativity of the community when it comes to the lost legions.

That might be a while yet, I have two very slow WIP threads on the go already. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

My (very slow) Horus Heresy blog (now with militia and IH): 

http://www.bolterand...eresy-projects/

My (hopefully not any slower than the above) Imperial Guard blog:

http://www.bolterand...3rd-army-group/

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,743 posts

That might be a while yet, I have two very slow WIP threads on the go already. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Take your time, don't rush it. See, this thread is 4 years old, bored close to 100k people, but I still work on the project^^
  • Harrowmaster likes this

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 439 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Back with a bang dude! The marine with MkII helmet is my favorite.

• MikhalLeNoir likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

The new marines have some nice poses, particularly the fellow aiming his bolter over his drawn blade. Good idea casting them in a modular fashion.

That artwork is cracking, the angle of perspective with the Destroyer looming from above really amplifies his dread aspect as an executioner and reaper.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,743 posts

Back with a bang dude! The marine with MkII helmet is my favorite.

BANG!!!
Thx for the kind words. My fav is either the guy with lantern or the guy with the melterbomb.

The new marines have some nice poses, particularly the fellow aiming his bolter over his drawn blade. Good idea casting them in a modular fashion.

That artwork is cracking, the angle of perspective with the Destroyer looming from above really amplifies his dread aspect as an executioner and reaper.

I will forward your words to the artist. And thx^^
Say, when will you visit us in Berlin?

And as promised the painted tower or desth of scorpion from the botl

Sorry for the crude pics

THE FALL

999924-.jpg

999928-.jpg

999927-.jpg

999926-.jpg

999936-.jpg

999929-.jpg

999931-.jpg

999934-.jpg
  • Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker, Quixus and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,763 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Well done. The bloodstains are a good touch.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

That really is one heck of a diorama, the tower itself is especially well done.

Berlin is a city I'm always happy to go back to and since Leipzig is only a little way away, it really would be remiss of me not to take the opportunity to visit.

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,861 posts

Wow, what an awesome diorama! Loving all the dynamism you've packed into the model, and looking through all the process posts were a treat! Also really nice true scale casts, those seem super fun to convert since they're modular! Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,327 posts

That looks fantastic all painted up :tu:

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,743 posts
Whew, it has been some time.

To all: thx guys for the kind words. It motivates me to get better and better.

Speaking of: this time I did not do too modular resculpts, but I love the chaosminis of shadowspear and so had a lot of loyalmarines left.

So that is what i have done to them^^

1020870-.jpg

1020871-.jpg

1020868-.jpg

1020869-.jpg
  • Gederas, Isengrin and ranulf the revenant like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,232 posts

Ooooh, that's very interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,743 posts

Ooooh, that's very interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Cast and then paint them.

And as the new primaris were announced today, got plenty of new models to play with^^

And wow, hit the 100k views.

To celebrate this, I show you a pic of this fateful day, when the wolves were set loose and the light faded away.

1004416-Breaking%20of%20a%20legion.jpg

Thx to Isuardi for his work.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 03 August 2019 - 10:02 PM.

• Kriegsmacht, Grotsmasha, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,763 posts
Please pass on my compliments to Isuardi, for the beautiful artwork.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 231 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Very impressive sculpting 😳!
Your going to cast them, I got that right? Like silicon mould casting?

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 439 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Damn dude, your sculpting skills are keep getting better and better.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,743 posts

Please pass on my compliments to Isuardi, for the beautiful artwork.

Will do. You may know him from various GW artworks

Very impressive sculpting !
Your going to cast them, I got that right? Like silicon mould casting?

Thx man. Had a lot of time to learn it.
A friend of mine is an experienced caster and he casts my greenstuff sculpts so that I may have an army because that casting is so time consuming.

Damn dude, your sculpting skills are keep getting better and better.

Hehe, I try to keep your pace.
By the way, I promised you war...although this is not the right place, I guess a little guest of darkness won't spoil the light.

Say Hello to the Nightmare of the VIIIth

1021127-.jpg

1021126-.jpg

1021128-.jpg

1021129-.jpg

1021130-.jpg

1021131-.jpg
  • -Brutus-, Nomus Sardauk, robofish7591 and 2 others like this

The_son_of_Dorn

The_son_of_Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,701 posts
  • Faction: All and none
Phwoar!

My alternate Heresy http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/326705-another-alternate-heresy-with-no-fallen-primarchs/

"Poor chaos, the result of trillions of randomly merged hostile emotional subconsciousness's...........and 70% of them are female"  

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,763 posts
The kitbashed lightning claw looks appropriately intimidating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XI Legion Primarch Project, Forgotten, Legion, lost, XI Legion, Pariah, Primarch, Void, Great Crusade, missing primarch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users