XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

The artwork looks nice. However, I think the Sigismund quote is a step too far. Part of what can make missing legion projects (and the brotherhood of the lost in general) frustrating is the desire by the creator(s) to make their characters super powerful, and special.

Saying this DIY Character "is the only guy Sigismund fears to fight" Cheapens the effort put into creating him, and makes the lore into which he fits too questionable. Worse even, is having it come from Sigismunds own mouth in the form of a quote.

I am not trying to belittle your efforts, and obviously the only the only audience that really matters when it comes to DIY projects is yourself. It just comes across as a really lazy way to make a unique character special. 

And people said that Hennasohn was OP'd?

As always for starters bro he is a first rule set as test. If you would had followed the thread and didn't develop OP Chars that you didn't tone down but leave as op as they are, you would have noticed, that I CHANGE my characters and units depending on the comments of the fraters here. So any constructive critic here other than: my stats are lower so just bring a comment? Sorry mate but if you sit in a house of glass, wouldn't dare to throw stones anyway.

Well he is too strong? Help me to tone him down. I actually took Sigismund as Base and added a special rule and left some away especially I added the left alone rule, so he can't join units and is easy to take down from afar. And no: no Jump pack

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I don't really see that many issues with him, but I did spot redundant rules though, on his Axe it could simply be STR:X AP:2 TYPE: melee, Flesh Bane, Instant Death. Because you were all ready wounding on a 2+ and ID a 6+, unless you really wanted to hunt down light vehicles but his power fist is already better suited for that.

Okay thx. TOok the black sword as base. But your reasoning makes sense so i change it.

Update: Changed snaga. You meant for it to be strengt h as users strength? What about his points?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I think he is fairly balanced where he is at right now. He is costed about right cosidering he is just a combat beatstick and has no decent ranged attacks. I think he could do with either dropping a point from his armour or Invul saves, because he is pretty survivable atm and and can pack an insane punch in combat.

Then just power armor instead of artificer or weaker iron halo?

Idea was, that he is alone on the battlefield and easy prey for every heavy weapon unit on the battlefield, and need some time to arrive "at work" :)

And thank you. Will playtest him and look if he can arrive im the enemy ranks ( but I guess the out of nowhere rule could help him here)

Update: Came up with the Idea to give him 3+ Base save and on the charge 2+. So he is a little safer from ranged attacks when he rushes to meet his foe, but now his survivability in cc is somewhat reduced.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Inspired by the Void Eagles, I wrote down the Fleet of the Wardens.

Fleet of the Wardens of Light 157000 Astartes strong

1 – Gwalchavad (Primarch) The Avatar of Light– Caledwylch - 11th expeditionary fleet 25.000 Astartes

Arngrim Valten - The Blademaster and Duelist of the Wardens of Light

Each Chamberlain of Light has 15.000 Astartes in his fleet
2 - Mícheál the Scorpion(Caerbannog) First Warden – Nosonsêr- 22th
3 - Llwch Llenlleawg(Caerbannog) - Heddwch - 100th
4 – Logan Abla (Terran) – The Source of Light - 44th
5 - Guaire Amalasan (Terran) [killed in action] Now under the command of Cervantes de Leon and his Brother Dumah de Leon– Sword of Light - 66th

Each fleet with 10.000 Astartes lead from a Bearer of Light

6 - Bors (Caerbannog) - Sêrgolau - 55th
7 - Nalesean Aldiajar (Terran)– Red Hand –77th
8 - Gwalcmai(Caerbannog) - Cyfnos - 88th
9 – Galad(Caerbannog) - Wawr - 99th
10- Gaidarl Kané(Terran) - Silverbow - 111th
11 - Eamon Valdan (Terran)- Children of Light - 222th

Reserve fleet stationed on Caerbannog guarding Avalon and 2 Masters of the Fortress oversee the indoctrination of new Astartes into the ranks oft he Wardens of Light. (12.000 Astartes Strong)

12- Bedwyr(Caerbannog) + Messar Kurine (Terran) - Avalon (Legion Fortress) - 363th

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

157.000 + 10.000 + 12.000 = 179.000 Astartes

A rather large legion, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the DAs, UMs and WBs the largest legions with ca. 150-200k Astartes?

Just my thoughts but I think I would dimish their numbers.

Then just power armor instead of artificer or weaker iron halo?

Idea was, that he is alone on the battlefield and easy prey for every heavy weapon unit on the battlefield, and need some time to arrive "at work" :smile.:

And thank you. Will playtest him and look if he can arrive im the enemy ranks ( but I guess the out of nowhere rule could help him here)

Update: Came up with the Idea to give him 3+ Base save and on the charge 2+. So he is a little safer from ranged attacks when he rushes to meet his foe, but now his survivability in cc is somewhat reduced.

This new mechanic is better I think. Maybe instead give him a refractor field, increasing the save to 4+ in combat. Or give him powed armour and no invul, however he gets a 4+ in combat due to his reflexes.

So thx to the liber challenge, I put some more thoughts on the purge of the Wardens.

So Gwalchavads peaceful behaviour wasn't exactly the thing the emperor could life with who

built his empire on the foundations of war. so different things were set in motion as he commenced the order to wipe the Wardens of Light out.

Imagine, that the last purgement wasn't going so well. As the wardens play in the same universe as the lighting bearers you know how big the battle for madrigal was. so this time a scheme was created by the siglite and guilliman.( maybe the hydra has his fingers in it to. Cause the hydra is everywhere^^)

The first step was to split the legion in smaller parts and spread them across the galaxy and tie them to other legions who are involved. so when the order came, all dispatchments could easily be erased. far easier then to risk a singly big battle were the wardens could fortify themselves or whatsoever.

The second was step would be, that the empire accepts a peace treaty with a xenos system which was befriended by Gwalchavad at the time( what was also the reason big e disposes him. Just a xenos world more to deal with( other worlds were secretly purged from all xenos traits afterwards).

the siglite should act as a decoy who brings the "official " decree of peace by the emperor. The remaining main force of the wardens under gwalchavad are ordered there to oversee the peace celebrety and function as honour guard for the siglite only equipped with light warfare and ceremonial weapons to show that the emperor "meant" it for real.

The surprising factor is very important in order that the plan works out as planned and the wardens will be wiped out.

So when all the pawns are set in olace, the final order via astropaths is given out. As the celebration is going on, the ultramarines fleet materilizes togheter with the wolves fleet from warp.

The Ultramarines destroy the main fleet while the wolves make planetfall ( wrote about that in the short story).

At the same time, all legions who work togheter with the wardens companies across the galaxy get the same order: immediatly kill every single warden and let nobody sirvive. So the legions( some with regrets, some with second thoughts otger with no mercy) attack the joined forces even if they are in the middle of action against another foe. Every single warden is teared from the galaxy.

On caerbannog, the homeplanet of the wardens big black ships appear but they bring not salvation. This time they bring death and destruction. Reducing the population and the remaining wardens as well as the neophytes to a pile of dust.

On the planet were the celebration is helt, fighting between the wolves and gwalchavads troops commence. Although the wardens are ill equipped, they can hold their ground. They witness their fleet in orbit fight. The sky is burning.

The terranborn who were part of the "apostles of war" (legion name before the reunion) were more loyal to the empire and especially to the ultramarines, because in the long years before, they acted under the command of guilliman. To them their primarch is at fault and they think his peace actions were a disgrace.

here it is open, if they were approached by agents of the imperium or if they acted spontaneoulsy. well, as gwalchavad fights leman russ, he will be backstabbed by his own sons, and then the slaughter enacts under his sons. Were no warden of light, born on caerbannog survives and gwalchavads gift is lost.

The remaining terran borns were granted forgiveness by the emperor and were allowed to join the ultramarines. Over the centuries the last remants of the wardens who joined the ultramarines either wither away or die in battle. But at least they were forgotten.

what do you say? Any c&c

You know what would be badass?

The commander of the loyal, terran Wardens kneels before the Empor:

„Commander." „Yes, my lord?" „Rise." ;)

First thought: with such a plan, Big E is really Alpharius' father, pure grim

Second thought: would He really be so stealthy, using lies and treachory?

Third thought: Order 66

think that it would work but I'm not so sure about the Emperor being so evil

Just my two cents :)

You know what would be badass?

The commander of the loyal, terran Wardens kneels before the Empor:

„Commander." „Yes, my lord?" „Rise." :wink:

First thought: with such a plan, Big E is really Alpharius' father, pure grim

Second thought: would He really be so stealthy, using lies and treachory?

Third thought: Order 66

think that it would work but I'm not so sure about the Emperor being so evil

Just my two cents :smile.:

Damn, what is this Order 66??? I have already been told on deviantart. i really should have looked more than episode 1.

And it is not evil to spare his other sons heavy casualties. We are actually in a very dark place and if you would bring light to it, the forces there will kill you.

1: He is his father and Omegon, or they are in reality his parents...

2: Yes, of course. Think alone on the assassins, think on the fear of getting purge from the other primarchs. think on the gradn spell were the traitor primarchs heart is beeing ripped from his chest and a spell was conducted to ensure every single marine of this geneseed will die.

In order to reach the greater goal and that is the supreme rule of mankind, the emperor is ready to do everything. he is not the golden child.

3. The quote you brought.....what does that mean?