From Iron Cometh Strength. Iron Warriors 30k style

What aren't you happy about? The dreadnought looks really good.

Thanks for the kind words. Your work has been a major inspiration and a source of frustration. In a good way. I love the character and detail you put into your Iron Warriors and really wish I had the time to do the same. Rather than letting them hit the table with no detail work done. But alas gaming deadlines and painting for other people often means my own hobby doesn't reach the standard I want it to.

The next few squads I'm going to focus on getting the early stages done neatly so they can serve as a basis for future tidying up. Then go back and strip the things earlier in this thread so they can be the same. Hoping that once I get to 3500 points I'll be able to take units out of gaming rotation so they can get some real paint brush love.

What aren't you happy about? The dreadnought looks really good.

Thanks for the kind words. Your work has been a major inspiration and a source of frustration. In a good way. I love the character and detail you put into your Iron Warriors and really wish I had the time to do the same. Rather than letting them hit the table with no detail work done. But alas gaming deadlines and painting for other people often means my own hobby doesn't reach the standard I want it to.

The next few squads I'm going to focus on getting the early stages done neatly so they can serve as a basis for future tidying up. Then go back and strip the things earlier in this thread so they can be the same. Hoping that once I get to 3500 points I'll be able to take units out of gaming rotation so they can get some real paint brush love.

Cheers dude. Look, I think it's natural to compare your work with others, and we probably all do it. That's a good thing when you can take ideas from it, but not when you criticise your own stuff. The key is producing something you're happy with and in a time frame that suits you. You're doing a really good job on your Iron Warriors so far. I think the only thing you're really missing is a bit of weathering around the legs, chips on the armour and the hazard stripes.

Try not to put pressure on yourself with deadlines. They can be helpful to keep projects moving, but if you're like me, and find painting a chore, it can put you off even picking up your brush. I hour or two a day is enough to keep projects ticking over, and you start to look forward to the next time you get to paint.

Thank you again.

I really love painting and I think that is where this little niggle is coming from. I spend 8 hours painting other peoples stuff and then don't put the same effort into my own stuff. Actually putting aside some time to work on these a bit at a time, doing those details and weathering, would be a really good idea thanks for that.

And these 4 are done well enough for the battlefield. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/brushknights/Mobile%20Uploads/CameraZOOM-20150905134954553_zpsqg3rifdy.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/brushknights/Mobile%20Uploads/CameraZOOM-20150905135009609_zpskfp61l7u.jpg

They will join the missile launcher from the very first batch to form my first Iron Havoc squad. Needed for a game of zone mortalis tomorrow and stage 2 of the campaign.

Still left to do. Powders on the legs to really weather them up, gold on the shoulder pads potentially, and some kill markings once they've gained some. As well as eyes and general detail work.

Great looking squad.

As for guess the bits - backpacks and torso' from GW , heads and legs from Maxmini and Kromlech respectively ( or the other way round - tbh I can never remember which company sells which bits ).

The arms and missile launchers - I don't know , but they are really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking squad.

As for guess the bits - backpacks and torso' from GW , heads and legs from Maxmini and Kromlech respectively ( or the other way round - tbh I can never remember which company sells which bits ).

The arms and missile launchers - I don't know , but they are really good.

Missiles are from anvil industries. They have some really nice weapon parts.

Update and another new unit time for the campaign. Played with the leadbelcher airbrush paint. Really like it goes on nice and great to have it ready mixed and consistent. Till to do. Real weathering hazard patterns and oil washes. I'm using the new pintle mounted hatches to make them more marine like.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/brushknights/Mobile%20Uploads/CameraZOOM-20150916192048531_zpspdohjyj1.jpg

Archived