How to Paint Ultramarine Tactical Marine

I was also a little taken a back by the timing of this. Just seems to be a little out of the blue (ha, blue, get it?)

The conspiracy nut in me says maybe something ultramarine is on the horizon from GW. The more down to earth me says its just filling a demand, since the colour scheme does appear on a lot of their boxes.

Seems kind of redundant to me. While the BA one is not that new, I only very recently watched it and it's pretty much identical. Duncan notes BA are one of his favorites, whereas for this one, he just reads some likely scripted lines about the Ultramarines.

More importantly, he specifically states how the BA tutorial works for any chapter to begin with, with the obvious change being only to the non-metallic colors used.

Holy censored.gif but he's good at what he does - wish mine were that neat! I reckon fair enough doing a video for Ultras, considering they're on the majority of the Space Marine box art, and are most likely what newcomers are going to learn. As always, great video.

Also, bonus points for wearing a Sons of Horus shirt - I bet he's a heretic at heart tongue.png

Holy censored.gif but he's good at what he does - wish mine were that neat! I reckon fair enough doing a video for Ultras, considering they're on the majority of the Space Marine box art, and are most likely what newcomers are going to learn. As always, great video.

Also, bonus points for wearing a Sons of Horus shirt - I bet he's a heretic at heart tongue.png

If I remember correctly, he indeed does have an awesome looking Sons of Horus army, based on the time just before the Heresy hit (featuring both Loken and Abaddon). It was a very inspirational sight. It was featured in one of the latest White Dwarfs, just before the change of format.

His videos are the reason my local GW are always sold out of Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil, I'm convinced. tongue.png

like one for BT, RG, IH.. any black chapter. See his spin on it. Do pick up usefull tidbits from the handful of videos i've seen (like purity seals).

Seconded. Would like to see him tackle khaki/bone as well. Looking for a good recipe.

Not really fond of his way of doing eyes though.

Just got to that part of the video. What in the blue blazes was that technique? It was certainly different that's for sure.

Archived