Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
939 replies to this topic

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,775 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons

well done to all!

suggestion for the next edition: One should enter the arena not with unpainted models but with unacquired skills. I would love the arena to be a fine tuning of painters on the B&C where challengers would coach a Frater to improve or add a painting skill to there repertoire.

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

well done to all!

suggestion for the next edition: One should enter the arena not with unpainted models but with unacquired skills. I would love the arena to be a fine tuning of painters on the B&C where challengers would coach a Frater to improve or add a painting skill to there repertoire.

Or modelling skill?

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

well done to all!

Ah, but what of those of us who are masters of all? msn-wink.gif

Actually, I don't think I would've entered if that was the case.  My Templar painting is already pretty refined (not perfect, but it's where I want it to be), so that'd leave sculpting.  Smearing liquid greenstuff on plastic rods and calling them candles is about as far as I wanna go down that dusty trail again. tongue.png

While I get the intended feel of challenging to relative models, i.e. a Terminator for a Terminator, it will severely limit the options for a lot of folks who don't have as wide a collection.  I'd rather this event continued to simply be a reason to clean half finished models off the desk. msn-wink.gif

Edited by Firepower, 20 April 2015 - 09:27 PM.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,775 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons

well done to all!

Ah, but what of those of us who are masters of all? msn-wink.gif

Actually, I don't think I would've entered if that was the case.  My Templar painting is already pretty refined (not perfect, but it's where I want it to be), so that'd leave sculpting.  Smearing liquid greenstuff on plastic rods and calling them candles is about as far as I wanna go down that dusty trail again. tongue.png

While I get the intended feel of challenging to relative models, i.e. a Terminator for a Terminator, it will severely limit the options for a lot of folks who don't have as wide a collection.  I'd rather this event continued to simply be a reason to clean half finished models off the desk. msn-wink.gif

well there need be challengers brother!

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

AndrewChristlieb

AndrewChristlieb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,703 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar

Wow, first off great job everyone! There were an impressive number of really quality jobs that were completed here! Secondly I'm going to throw down here and say Fangbanger should get the completion on his stuff there. I know he never officially swapped the Terminators out for that Sicaran, but that's at least as difficult to paint and probably worse to build! Just my $.02 there though msn-wink.gif.

Thanks for your kind words also Augustus, I'm a little embarrassed as I just wanted everyone to do the best they could! I really hope that everyone was able to grow a little and pick up some new tricks, I know I learned some great new stuff here! I will wear your badges with pride. cool.png

• Dolchiate Remembrancer, Augustus b'Raass, Iron Skull Mask and 1 other like this

Combat_Vet

Combat_Vet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 901 posts
  • Faction: Marines Malevolent, Ist Legion

Congrats again all around.

I enjoyed the event as it was other than the difficulty finding partners :)

I'm looking forward to the next time to see how the changes play out.

Thanks again for coming up with and running the event Augustus.

• Augustus b'Raass likes this
"A world is supported by four things......The learning of the wise, the justice of the great, 
the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave" - Frank Herbert, "Dune"

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,129 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV, XVI

I've had some questions about the badges: there are some participating frater that have earned a Victor Badge but then afterwards failed in their second challenge and thus have to wear the Mea Culpa. 

Nowhere does it state you cannot wear both. :)

Remember, this was your vow:

I, [name challenge], accept the challenge set to me by [name challenger], and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing [unit] before [selected deadline]. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

So bear your Victor Badge with pride, but until Midsummer, the Mea Culpa should also feature in your banner! :tu:

Thanks for all the thanks guys! I'm happy you liked the event. About the third future alteration: this won't be super strict. A vehicle for a vehicle, a commander for a commander, something like that. :)

• Tekman likes this

Beachymike123

Beachymike123

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,126 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors; Traitor Guard

You did a sterling job wit this event Augustus. It gave me the motivation to finish some models and had some good banter with a fellow frater. It also felt like a good warm up before the ETL IV. Great concept for the event too, and well executed. 

And well done to everyone who took part - some great models and a good feeling of participation. 

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,390 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
Just as a quick reminder to all to keep an eye on the amount of image space used in your signature.

The limit it 800pixels x 100pixels.

So you can gauge it better, the sizes used on the graphics here are:
Banner= 300x100
Square= 100x100
Medallion= 33x100

You can also add images to your 'about me' page in your profile which is a great way to display your hard work in forum events like this one and the upcoming E Tenebrae Lux.
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer and Augustus b'Raass like this

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

ShVagYeR

ShVagYeR

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

Thanks for hosting this event, Augustus. It was the first B&C event I participated in, definitely not the last. :)

Great work everyone, I've seen some very impressive and inspiring paintjobs and conversions here. See you all next year, I hope!

ultrassig.pngwhitescarssig.pnggallery_45765_11559_3638.pngbatllemuster2.PNGgallery_29004_10383_9517.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_7614_2623.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_29004_10383_212.png

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,846 posts
  • Faction: Sanguinary Crusaders
Yeah, great job everyone! It was good seeing all of your great models!

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Tyr

Gah! I am currently living away from home, overseas, and don't have regular internet access or a particularly strong connection on the occasions I do, so managed to miss this!

I am both humbled and surprised - I think there were plenty of other more deserving entries but am honoured that Alaric Tyr was chosen to hold the award. Though the XIXth may no longer hold a place for him, it's awesome to see he has won a place here :) Thanks very much for the accolade, and more importantly. thanks Augustus for running the event - this is definitely a really cool concept that should be expanded into a regular fixture in my opinion. Although I agree that mutual challenges should be the order of the day and that one round of completions makes most sense. It was awesome to see everyone come together and really churn out a ton of stuff - I feel Fangbanger deserves special recognition for just how much stuff he turned out (and 200plus for being the sole Frater to achieve three studs).

Til next time, brothers. Alaric Tyr and his band of Terran malcontents salute you all...

• Brother Chaplain Kage, Augustus b'Raass and TheReaper17 like this

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

KingKurama

KingKurama

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,656 posts
Awesome sauce I'll be ready next time for better quality works

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,518 posts
Congratulations on such a successful first event Augustus, well done :tu:

Unfortunately I couldn't sort out my own vow, I made the mistake of vowing an unassembled model, something I usually avoid like the plague.
Anyway, definitely looking forward to Round 2, the rules adjustments sound good.

Cheers,
Jono

gallery_48988_15465_50871.pnggallery_48988_6285_19365.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png sml_gallery_48988_11572_6096.pnggallery_48988_15094_5045.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png sml_gallery_48988_16045_1076.png sml_gallery_48988_16053_7077.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE Heralds of Devastation

Having a Hobby Clean-out, a bunch of stuff now on eBay

Giving Fiverr a go, model Painting, Assembly and Conversion Commissions available

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,129 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV, XVI

Augustus' Arena continues as August Arena, starting today July 1st, 2017!

Please do not comment here, but go to the new event thread, and start your participation there. biggrin.png

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 02 July 2017 - 12:07 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users