++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

Participation is high, and many have come to the Arena. However, nothing will be accomplished if there are no actual CHALLENGES made. So go ahead and challenge. The second post has a list of unchallenged participants, for those who have no prospective 'victims'...

Updated to this point

PLease check the second post of the thread to make sure I haven't missed anyone. 

So I'll start!

I, Augustus b'Raass, challenge Flint13 to build, paint, and base one Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords. If she accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be hers. If she accepts and fails, she shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Flint 13, Princess of Crows and all around evil diva, totes accept the challenge set to me by Augustus, and I vow I'll finish building, painting and basing our unhinged lord and father before February 20th. Completion can stuff its eternal glory, I'm in it for the midnight clad. 

So I'll start!

I, Augustus b'Raass, challenge Flint13 to build, paint, and base one Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords. If she accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be hers. If she accepts and fails, she shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Flint 13, Princess of Crows and all around evil diva, totes accept the challenge set to me by Augustus, and I vow I'll finish building, painting and basing our unhinged lord and father before February 20th. Completion can stuff its eternal glory, I'm in it for the midnight clad.

SIX DAYS!!!

Take it you have a lot of free time.

SIX DAYS!!!

I'd probably spend that much time just dry fitting the parts...

I may not have the guts, but I don't have the brains not too.

I, Rashbold, challenge Kurama to build, paint, and base 5 Recon marines.

If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his.

If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_8832/sml_gallery_8429_8832_132206.jpg

...  and it just wouldn't be fair to keep myself out of the crosshairs, so I've adapted one of Augustus' banners into my signature below.

Ciao,
Rashbold

I, Kurama formerly of the XIIth Legion formerly known as the jaspcat, accept the challenge set to me by Rushbold, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing not only 5 recon marines but also a dereddeo before March 15th, Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/giphy-7_zpskgjhleuu.gif

I, Biohazard challenge Krautscientist to paint, and base Lord Lorimar of Khornes Eternal hunt. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

How's that then?

Hah. now we're talking! :smile.:

I, KrautScientist, accept the challenge set to me by Biohazard, and vow that I will finish painting, and basing Lord Captain Lorimar, Master of the Hunt, before April 5th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

But there is more: In turn, I challenge Biohazard to paint and base Lord Malek Deimos, Master of the World Eaters' 18th company and veteran of the Long War. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

These two battle brothers will meet again after Skalathrax. And maybe a reckoning is due. We shall see.

Disclaimer: I do of course realise that we should preferrably receive a challenge from one frater and then challenge another, but bear with Biohazard and me here: I really want to see his Lord Deimos finished, and I really need an incentive to finish my own Lord Lorimar -- and this pairing is just ideal for that. Plus everyone's still finding their feet with this new event format, so I think what matters is that we get things moving, right? I promise I'll be promoting inter-frater relations along with the best of them nonetheless -- wow, that actually sounded kinda dirty :wink:

EDIT: Fixed a stupid typo. April 5th instead of April 1st. Sorry!

I, Kurama, challenge brother chaplain kage to build, paint, and base his Emperor's Children champion. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his, If he accepts and fails,he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Black_out, challenge Kastor Krieg to build, paint, and base 10 Blood Angels Death Company. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I haven't put my name up for this yet - still working a few things right now and trying to see if I might have time for this deadline - and what Emperor's Children champ?

I remember you having that awesome EC guy with the sword and spear yeah?

I, Black_out, challenge Kastor Krieg to build, paint, and base 10 Blood Angels Death Company. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

*revvs chainsword*

I, Kurama formerly of the XIIth Legion formerly known as the jaspcat, accept the challenge set to me by Rushbold, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing not only 5 recon marines but also a dereddeo before March 15th, Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/giphy-7_zpskgjhleuu.gif

Okay, you have from 1/122015.M3 (now) until 1/202015.M3 (end of March 15th).

80 imperial chrono-units and counting... tick whirr... tick whirr... tick whirr...

I can't wait to see the Dereddeo. Are these for a new legion then?

I can't find The Yak, my old rival so......

I, [uprising], challenge [stoneheart] to build, paint, and base [His salamander company champion]. If s/he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his/hers. If s/he accepts and fails, s/he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

Now, I uprising am open to a challenge of either my chaos forces(R&H, CSM or Khorne Daemons) or my 2nd company salamanders (please pm me to work out a unit). 

Who challenges the tyrant lizard?http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5u4lyjJEJ1qh502no1_500.gif

I, Brother Excedis, High Praetorian, step into Augustus' Arena with pride and hereby proclaim my participation. Challenge me if you dare - and PM me beforehand so you know what I can accept. Expect and understand a long project time, with a lot of communication, due to work circumstances.

I, GrandMagnus, challenge Black_Out to build, paint, and base a squad of 5 night raptors. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

For Nostramo and the Emperor, brother. AVE DOMINUS NOX.

I, GrandMagnus, challenge Black_Out to build, paint, and base a squad of 5 night raptors. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

For Nostramo and the Emperor, brother. AVE DOMINUS NOX.

I, Black_out, accept the challenge set to me by GrandMagnus, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing 5 Night Raptors before February 25th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

AVE DOMINUS NOX

Archived