++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

:cry: why did I have to be painting already

You can always stop your current project and begin something anew. This cannot possible sound like an alien concept to you. We've all done it. ;)

Current project is for a competition so don't want to get distracted from it really.

Update No 3; another one. Whilst painting it came to my realization that I need to GS some soft armour in his armpit. Camera seems to have had it too, I'm afraid so the quality is not great which is disappointing......obviously sans jump pack too.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/ce66b51f-0d24-465c-9f57-6d8943e47894.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/65521dda-fbc5-43ad-b11a-1283c9b2acec.jpg

Alright! Time for an update on Horus!

So.... yeah. For the past week I have... ummm...

Let's see. I've dry fit all the parts numerous times. They all "fit" for the most part, so that's good. The two parts of the base line up strangely, though. 

Um... What else?

Oh! I've turned some of the larger pieces over and over in my hands while I stared aimlessly into space, wondering what I've gotten myself into with these Primarch figures and just how awfully I'm going to mess them up, so there's that.

Doesn't he look great so far?!

Joking aside, I have made some progress, but there was also plenty of the above over the last week. The left arm has been pinned and I'm almost finished with repositioning the right arm:

There was quite a lot of space to fill on the back of the arm with the new position and getting all that to line up in the tight space of his armpit has been fun.

The pteruges on the left arm come molded in place while the ones on the right are left separate for you to attach, and for the life of me, I can't seem to find how they're supposed to line up properly, even before I changed the right arm. While I don't mind those things attached to the shoulder pads of Horus and other figures, like the Cataphractii, I'm not really that much a fan of the ones hanging from the belt so I don't think I will be including them on the big man.

Looking good so far. What are your plans with the base? Is he going to go on the stock base he comes with? Apologies for not replying sooner, I've barely been in one country long enough to get an internet connection let alone catch up on B&C. I should be uploading my own WIPs later tonight.

I'm really keen to ask about one particular modification to this figure you mentioned in PMs, but will let you pop that particular cherry when you're ready :)

Time to motivate my buddy Zigmunth to work on something other than his xenos armies! :)

I, ShVagYeR, challenge Zigmunth to build, paint, and base a 10-man Death Company Squad of Flesh Tearers. If s/he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his/hers. If s/he accepts and fails, s/he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Zigmunth, accept the challenge set to me by ShVagYeR, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing a 10-man Death Company Squad of Flesh Tearers before April 5th.

Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

Waaagh!

I, Zigmunth, accept the challenge set to me by ShVagYeR, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing a 10-man Death Company Squad of Flesh Tearers before April 5th.

Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

Waaagh!

Waaagh? Waagh?!? HERESY!!! The Flesh Tearers are aligning themselves with xenos scum! Exterminatus! Exterminatus!  :wink:

Looking good so far. What are your plans with the base? Is he going to go on the stock base he comes with?

I'm really keen to ask about one particular modification to this figure you mentioned in PMs, but will let you pop that particular cherry when you're ready :smile.:

Yeah, I'm going to stick with his regular base. If I was planning to actually play the game with him, I'd probably be a little miffed that the decorative resin base doesn't have a cutout for the regular plastic base size, making it much more difficult to use him on the table top with the giant eagle head taking up valuable space to cram in your Justaerin for CC.

As for the other thing, it's not going as well as hoped for at the moment.

Uzas is bloody awesome! :P

little update on the Deredeo: now half with scales :P

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/med_gallery_79873_10422_253322.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/med_gallery_79873_10422_60247.jpg

@Augustus - I've admired your work for a long time Brother, but these guys are just beyond words. I know that's cliche, but damn, these are just a few notches above what I was expecting to be honest (no offense meant).

Archived