++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

I, Carlson793, challenge Barabbas Sogalon to build, paint, and base a Typhon-based praetor by April 19. If s/he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his/hers. If s/he accepts and fails, s/he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Barabbas Sogalon of the frozen north, accept the challenge set to me by Carlson793, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing a Typhon based Praetor before April 19th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

I, Firepower, sufferer of Neophyte folly, Reclusiarch of Snark, the haiku hitman, challenge Flint13, the twisted sister, diva of one hundred devilries, and all around scary person to build, paint, and base 5 Templar Sword Brethren and their Champion, Burkhardt. If she accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be hers. If she accepts and fails, she shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.  If she does not accept, she is a big sissy.

I, Tekman, challenge Firepower to build, paint, and base Flamers in the lots of 3. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Firepower, the modest but ruggedly handsome bearer of self inflicted titles, accept the challenge set to me by Tekman, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing 3 Templars of the Flamer wielding persuasion before April 5th. Completion will earn me even more eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

I, dantay_xv, being of sound mind (i been tested) and body, challenge Fangbanger to build, paint, and base:

10 x grey hunters (currently base coated)

2 x drop pod (base coated)

1 x dreadnaught (base coated)

stormwolf gunship (in box)

5 x void claws (in box).

If s/he accepts and completes the challenge by midnight of April 19th 2015 (their time zone), eternal glory will be his/hers. If s/he accepts and fails, s/he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

For the Allfather.

Wooo my 1000th post!!

I,200Plus step into Augustus' Arena with pride and hereby proclaim my participation for the second challenge. I have issued a challenge and expect to be challenged in return - PM me beforehand so you know what I can accept.

I, Fangbanger, accept the challenge set to me by dantay_xv, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing 10 grey hunters, 2 drop pods, 1 dreadnaught, 1 stormwolf and 5 void claws before April 19th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

For Russ! For The Fang!

I, Fangbanger, challenge Carlson793,to build, paint, and base 4 Firedrakes and a Primus Medicae  by April 19. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his/hers. If he accepts and fails, s/he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

FIRE FOR THE EMPEROR 

I, ShVagYeR, challenge Augustus b'Raass to build, paint, and base a Hell Blade Chaos Fighter. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

Don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see Augustus' take on this pretty model. :)

finished =)

Ancient Rakarok

The Dragon of Canedis, formerly known as " Rakarok Skyfire"

A Veteran of the Legion's battles before the XVIIIth was united with its Primarch, Rakarok bears a long list of honours and advanced to the rank of Captain of a Devastator-Cohort of the Realm of Hesiod before his mortal wounding at the Siege of Accatran. 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_101420.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_128794.jpg

Note: Later Crusade issue Deredeo Dreadnought chassis - a dedicated heavy support frame, though it shares many core components and systems with the more general assault-based Contemptor class. Initially deployed in limited numbers to each of the Legions due to difficulties in its manufacture, its durability and firepower saw demand for the Deredeo pattern dramatically increase after the outbreak of the Horus Heresy. 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_96569.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_61660.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_62899.jpg

Note: Rakarok's chassis was an exemplar of the first prototypes of the Deredeo delivered to the Legion's armouries which were subjected to numerous repairs by the Legion's artificer-smiths. These inculded structural reinforcement of the main armour plating with "Nocturnean scales" (see AdMechData.447145.a.5 - Salamander damage repairs)

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_83385.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_34201.jpg

Note: Mounted onto the carapace of the Dreadnought, the Aiolos missile launcher which, with its sophisticated targeting system, can track targets independently of the primary weapons system and regardless of intervening terrain.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_93924.jpg

I, Firepower, the modest but ruggedly handsome bearer of self inflicted titles, accept the challenge set to me by Tekman, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing 3 Templars of the Flamer wielding persuasion before April 5th. Completion will earn me even more eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

I, Flint13, Princess of Crows and all around evil diva, accept the challenge set forth to me by Firepower. I vow to finish a squad of 5 Templar Brethren and Champion-Primus Domino Burkhardt, before April 19th. Failure shall earn me the Mark of Shame, and completion can continue to stuff it's eternal glory.

I'm in it to hear Firepower admit I can do Templar as well as he can :D

I, Fangbanger, challenge Carlson793,to build, paint, and base 4 Firedrakes and a Primus Medicae  by April 19. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his/hers. If he accepts and fails, s/he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

FIRE FOR THE EMPEROR 

I, Carlson793, for the glory of the Primarch Vulkan and my Brothers of the XVIIIth Legion, by the Anvil and the Hammer, accept the challenge set to me by Fangbanger, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing four Firedrakes and their attendant Primus Medicae before April 19th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

Into the fires of battle!

Unto the anvil of war!

finished =)

Ancient Rakarok

The Dragon of Canedis, formerly known as " Rakarok Skyfire"

A Veteran of the Legion's battles before the XVIIIth was united with its Primarch, Rakarok bears a long list of honours and advanced to the rank of Captain of a Devastator-Cohort of the Realm of Hesiod before his mortal wounding at the Siege of Accatran. 

<big snip>

Atia, Atia, Atia... You do realize just how much I'm going to have to steal from this model (stylistically only, of course) now that my Deredeo has arrived. Very nice work.

I, ShVagYeR, challenge Augustus b'Raass to build, paint, and base a Hell Blade Chaos Fighter. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

Don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see Augustus' take on this pretty model. :smile.:

I, Augustus b'Raass, Ascender of Mountains, Polisher of Hairless Scalps, and Master of the Arena, accept the challenge set to me by ShVagYer, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing one Helblade Chaos Fighter before April 19th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

I, Atia, Lady of the Rumour Tower, challenge ShVagYeR to finish his squad of Thousand Sons Rubric Marines! If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer, and became a Rubric aka walking dust forever!

I, Atia, Lady of the Rumour Tower, challenge ShVagYeR to finish his squad of Thousand Sons Rubric Marines! If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer, and became a Rubric aka walking dust forever!

I, ShVagYeR, the grey eminence of Eastern Fringe, accept the challenge set to me by Atia, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing a squad of Thousand Sons Rubricae before April 5th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

Now we're talking. :D

I'm in it to hear Firepower admit I can do Templar as well as he can :biggrin.:

On the extremely unlikely possibility that you could (as if anyone could, right?) what makes you think I would ever admit it? 

:teehee:

Archived