++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

I'm in it to hear Firepower admit I can do Templar as well as he can :biggrin.:

On the extremely unlikely possibility that you could (as if anyone could, right?) what makes you think I would ever admit it? 

:teehee:

You've seen her Templar in the Fury and Zeal thread ;)  She also puts us all to shame because she has the first Templars with the new FW upgrade bitz. How will we answer this slight? :p

I'm in it to hear Firepower admit I can do Templar as well as he can :D

On the extremely unlikely possibility that you could (as if anyone could, right?) what makes you think I would ever admit it?

You've seen her Templar in the Fury and Zeal thread ;) She also puts us all to shame because she has the first Templars with the new FW upgrade bitz. How will we answer this slight? :p

Simple, thin-blood. You shall answer as you always do, with blade and bolter and purging flame, and we shall respond in kind.

I, AndrewChristlieb, challenge Black_out to build, paint, and base one squad of no less then 5 Nightlord Terminators with a stretch goal of completing as many additional models for the squadron as possible. If Black_out accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

Oh and also...

I, AndrewChristlieb the alcoholic; master of none; self proclaimed Grand Jester of the Eternal Crusade stumble into Augustus' Arena with a hang over and bloodshot eyes and hereby proclaim my participation. I have issued a challenge and expect to be challenged in return - PM me beforehand so you know what I can accept.

You've seen her Templar in the Fury and Zeal thread :wink: She also puts us all to shame because she has the first Templars with the new FW upgrade bitz. How will we answer this slight? :tongue.:

Simple, thin-blood. You shall answer as you always do, with blade and bolter and purging flame, and we shall respond in kind.

Nothing wrong with the tried and tested bolter and chainsword approach

I vow to finish the Dereddeo the second my base arrives from dragon forge

please use the official format, Kurama. We need your name, your challenger, the unit you're going to do, and a deadline.

EDIT: Kurama, you haven't been challenged. Please challenge someone else and hope you will be challenged by another frater.

You've seen her Templar in the Fury and Zeal thread ;) She also puts us all to shame because she has the first Templars with the new FW upgrade bitz. How will we answer this slight? :p

In the usual Black Tempar way. Furious denial ;)

You've seen her Templar in the Fury and Zeal thread :wink: She also puts us all to shame because she has the first Templars with the new FW upgrade bitz. How will we answer this slight? :tongue.:

In the usual Black Tempar way. Furious denial :wink:

And violence.  Don't forget the violence. :D

I, AndrewChristlieb, challenge Black_out to build, paint, and base one squad of no less then 5 Nightlord Terminators with a stretch goal of completing as many additional models for the squadron as possible. If Black_out accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Black_out, accept the challenge set to me by AndrewChristlieb, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing a squad of 5 Terminators for the VIIIth Legion with a stretch goal of an additional 5 if I feel ultra motivated before April 5th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

I, 200Plus, challenge Tekman to build, paint, and base one Fire Raptor, one BT Dread and one Land Raider, by April 5th. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

A tall order no doubt, but faith conquers all Brother!

Dang, everyone's eager to get another completion: AWESOME!

@Atia: That's a pretty sweet fantastic looking Salamanders Deredeo right there. Congrats on a beautiful finish. Up for something new?

@Flint13: I love how 'totes' is now accepted vernacular.

@Kurama: you haven't been challenged, mate! To 'vow' a unit is a thing of the ETL. You need to be challenged to participate, and the fastest way to get challenged is by challenging someone yourself. Here's the list of frater still open to be challenged:

List of participating Frater who have completed their challenge and can be challenged and challenge a second time:

200plus

Andra'Melek

AndrewChristlieb

Atia

Biohazard

Bushman101

Dolchiate Remembrancer

helterskelter

kapturowski

Kierdale

Kurama

Lucio

Red Skullz

Reinhard

Dosjetka

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Atia: That's a pretty sweet fantastic looking Salamanders Deredeo right there. Congrats on a beautiful finish. Up for something new?

thanks Auggi^^ check out my signature :tongue.: :whistling:

I, 200Plus, challenge Tekman to build, paint, and base one Fire Raptor, one BT Dread and one Land Raider, by April 5th. If he accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be his. If he accepts and fails, he shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

A tall order no doubt, but faith conquers all Brother!

I, Tekman, accept the challenge set to me by 200Plus, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing a Fire Raptor, a FW Venerable Dreadnought and one Land raider Phobos Pattern before April 5th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

http://i.imgur.com/Lhhz3OV.jpg

For my Father whose zeal inspires me even now!

I, Augustus b'Raass, Polisher of Shiny Craniums, Nitpicker Extraordinaire, and General Night Lords fanboy, challenge Atia, Sculptress of Scales, Survivor of Spartans, and Avoider of Pre-ETL-Primarch Challenges, to build, paint, and base ARCHMAGOS DRAYKAVAC. If she accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be hers. If she accepts and fails, she shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I, Augustus b'Raass, Polisher of Shiny Craniums, Nitpicker Extraordinaire, and General Night Lords fanboy, challenge Atia, Sculptress of Scales, Survivor of Spartans, and Avoider of Pre-ETL-Primarch Challenges, to build, paint, and base ARCHMAGOS DRAYKAVAC. If she accepts and completes the challenge, eternal glory will be hers. If she accepts and fails, she shall wear the badge of shame until Midsummer.

I,  Atia, Sculptress of Scales, Survivor of Spartans, and Avoider of Pre-ETL-Primarch Challenges, accept the challenge set to me by Augustus b'Raass, Polisher of Shiny Craniums, Nitpicker Extraordinaire, and General Night Lords fanboy, and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing ARCHMAGOS DRAYKAVAC before April 19th. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

First update:

4 of my Thousand Sons including the Aspiring Sorcerer are already painted. Currently I'm in the middle of the 5th one. As you can see, the helmet and arms are already finished. What's left is rest of the body with backpack and boltgun.

http://i60.tinypic.com/5efq81.jpg

Sorry about the messy workspace. :wink:

Better pictures of the finished ones are in my WIP thread.

First update:

4 of my Thousand Sons including the Aspiring Sorcerer are already painted. Currently I'm in the middle of the 5th one. As you can see, the helmet and arms are already finished. What's left is rest of the body with backpack and boltgun.

http://i60.tinypic.com/5efq81.jpg

Sorry about the messy workspace. ;)

Better pictures of the finished ones are in my WIP thread.

Haha, who cares about a messy workspace, those Sons are gorgeous!

A request to all participants and lurkers of this thread:

As you all know, Bolter&Chainsword is the best Space Marine forum around. And it's been made possible for a large part by one man: Brother Argos. For around a decade, he has tirelessly done the maintenance and upkeep of this site. And he's done it all for free, even going so far as to pay the costs that come with this site from his own pocket. Unfortunately he has had to step down due to medical issues. As a thank you for Brother Argos' countless efforts, the higher-up Moderati are putting together a 'Brother Argos Appreciation Army'. They need models, but mostly cash to get them painted by a commission worker.

We all spend hours and hours on this forum and we all get to do this for the low low price of free. Now is your chance to give something back. We need to reach $5000 before the end of this month and we're not even half-way at this point.

If you haven't already, please go to this thread, find out how you can contribute, and do it. We can all miss a couple bucks - we regularly spend them on the hobby - $5, $10, $20, everything is appreciated. Let's make a community effort to show our appreciation to this awesome forum!

+++++++++++++++++++++

And now for the daily update.

@ShVagYer: Those are indeed some beautiful Thousand Sons, my friend!

@Tekman: that's a hefty vow for only 2,5 weeks to go, but I guess with that easy BT black'n'white scheme it's doable. :tongue.: Also: that's about 600 points less to vow for the ETL! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Update One - Draykavaks parts :P

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_73052.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_66441.jpg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10422/gallery_79873_10422_72498.jpg

Well as no PMs have come about:

I, Dolchiate Remembrancer, the completer of my first ever painting challenge who proudly proclaims a list of nearly 70 unpainted foot sloggers and half a dozen vehicles DEFIANTLY step into Augustus' Arena with pride and hereby proclaim my participation. I have issued a challenge and expect to be challenged in return - See my The Repainting thread's original post for an updated unpainted list and PM me beforehand so you know what I can accept.

(I am unable to challenge as Brother Mactire must first complete his bikers, and complete them he shall and they will be GLORIOUS!)

Well as no PMs have come about:

I'm with you Brother. These challenges need to pick up! There is only so much time until the deadline for people to complete the vows so let's go Frater. Send some PM's, make some friends, share some insight, build some teams, you never know where it might lead :)

Besides I need a challenge so I can get my super Rune Priest into the light of day, I'm biased and had to go on a "pep rant" LoL

Archived