++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

Arkangilos, better get a move on! :biggrin.:

I know :'(

Luckily now I have all of the major things done, all I have left are details on two guys, one guy I'm halfway done with the base coat, and two guys I have everything to do (other than prime and do the thing with the green stuff, of course!)... Oh yeah, and all of the weapons and bases :'(

Sooo much, and so little time!

That makes sense, Augustus. Templars don't do sense....

Why have sense if you have a chainsword?

It's three Templars. [...] And until they're done they're mostly just black, brown and red blobs, in many pieces. :laugh.:

Don't you mean 'when they're done'? :tongue.:

I issue a duel of the dice!

It's three Templars. [...] And until they're done they're mostly just black, brown and red blobs, in many pieces. :laugh.:

Don't you mean 'when they're done'? :tongue.:

I believe they are mostly just black, brown, and red blobs in one piece, when they are done.

The base still didn't do what I wanted it to do, but it's close enough for government work, especially if I wind up rebasing him along with a bunch of infantry later. So, without further ado, I present Contemptor-Dreadnought Miltus Parn, former commander of the 312th Company Armoured and now helping to provide them air support as a Contemptor-Mortis.

Contemptor Finished Front

Contemptor Finished Back

Now to continue work on the rest of my grey tide. Five predators and a land raider to build, plus a ton of unpainted or half-painted models.

Second update:

http://i62.tinypic.com/b7gg1k.jpg

Seven down, only two more to go and 5 days to plan accordingly. As soon as I post, I'm gonna prime the next one. :smile.:

great work so far ShVagYeR :smile.: two Rubrics in five days should be doable! keep it up :tongue.:

A bit of an update for everyone

This guy is nearing completion, just some metallic stuff to paint 

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/dd3d9d65-695e-4f09-bf9d-4a9ac2cf7159_zpsaigxrjjq.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/b929d62c-a10b-4192-af70-b8e068bc238a_zpsv2ud7yky.jpg

And then I was inspired by Flint's Templars and decided to go white on this guys chest piece. Still needs a bit of blending I think but I like the result. 

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/40K/2bdfc903-09e6-4f0f-a85b-b72a112edaa9_zps88erqoau.jpg

I'm starting work on highlighting the other guys, doing jump pack OSL and the gubbins on the Neophytes as well. 

Looking pretty darn awesome! One small suggestion. Try a bit of a wash on the white in the crevice of the shoulderpad where it meets the red rim. That'll give it a good bit of depth, just like the "tabard" in front.

Glad to hear my Templar can inspire :D

In other news, here's a progress update on my paintjob for Lorimar:

This is what the model looked like with the base colours in place:

lorimar-pip-2.jpg

Pretty hideous, right? Fortunately, he looked better once the washes came out and the red and bronze were mostly finished:

lorimar-pip-3.jpg

Next stop: Lots and lots of cleanup and detail work -- but I am definitely getting there, slowly but surely ;)

Here they are, my three Chaos Terminators. One is the sorcerer I had done for the Daemon Forge, completely paint-stripped and repaired, the other two are brand new terminators. Those who follow me in the Chaos part of this board know that I have set on the Word Bearers scheme, the one which I like most of the Chaos legions and the scheme which I have replicated several times on various Flesh Tearers, Blood Ravens etc. for my friends. All I can say is that I really like the carmine/dried blood color which is aptly named "Traitor's Red" in the 40k fiction. Here are the pics of the models basecoated with black and then basecoated two times with the carmine red. 

http://shrani.si/f/1G/oD/2Kal7xBs/2015-04-01-205911.jpg

The scheme will be a simple one. Khorne Red as a base, Leadbelcher for the steel trim, Wazdakka Red for the few highlights, Runefang Steel for the highligts on the silver parts. All washed with Nuln Oil to recreate faithfully the "Traitor's Red". 

When I begun to participate in the Daemon Forge event on the Chaos board I have decided to have a step by step assembly for my models and a step by step, or better, piece by piece painting. This is the first "unit" which I try to build and paint with the help of the "supports". I admit that from my experience so far it is much more pleasing, clean and easy to paint small bits when they are all well arrayed on the supports. I do not drill the models since that is a stage which I am not yet comfortable with but I use the "sticky" balls to keep the pieces on the supports. 

If all goes well the terminators will be done by the deadline. 

Ok, ok, ok. Here are my Chaplains so everybody has proof I'm no vow-breaker (yet :mellow.:). Found out my camera can actually focus on the models. Yeah. I'm a bit embarrassed it's taken so long to find this out but, hey, here we are.

Iron Father

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10653/med_gallery_83709_10653_38527.jpg

Wolf Priest

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_10653/med_gallery_83709_10653_61852.jpg

I was going to go with my challenger's, Kastor Krieg, suggestions but they kind of went flop. The Wolf Priest's helmet wasn't positioned correctly when it was cut for a wolf skull and, on further attempts, it proved to be most frustrating. So now the Wolf Priest has the head that came with the Stormclaw box set sans hair (except for that rocking soul patch) and some cabling on the right side of his face. The Iron Father got a converted backpack instead of a new head. He wanted it that way and who am I to change a man?

Expect WiP pictures tomorrow and completion the next day :happy.: !

slightly better pic from tablet. base coat almost done, wash coming soon

nicely done! I wasnt expecting such a red design but should be fun to see it completed as such.

the red will get toned down with a brown wash. then I will highlight with the base coat red to get some depth

slightly better pic from tablet. base coat almost done, wash coming soon

nicely done! I wasnt expecting such a red design but should be fun to see it completed as such.

the red will get toned down with a brown wash. then I will highlight with the base coat red to get some depth
looking forward to it!

Archived