++// 2015 Augustus' Arena \\++ EVENT ENDED

well done to all!

suggestion for the next edition: One should enter the arena not with unpainted models but with unacquired skills. I would love the arena to be a fine tuning of painters on the B&C where challengers would coach a Frater to improve or add a painting skill to there repertoire.

well done to all!

suggestion for the next edition: One should enter the arena not with unpainted models but with unacquired skills. I would love the arena to be a fine tuning of painters on the B&C where challengers would coach a Frater to improve or add a painting skill to there repertoire.

Or modelling skill?

well done to all!

Ah, but what of those of us who are masters of all? :wink:

Actually, I don't think I would've entered if that was the case.  My Templar painting is already pretty refined (not perfect, but it's where I want it to be), so that'd leave sculpting.  Smearing liquid greenstuff on plastic rods and calling them candles is about as far as I wanna go down that dusty trail again. :tongue.:

While I get the intended feel of challenging to relative models, i.e. a Terminator for a Terminator, it will severely limit the options for a lot of folks who don't have as wide a collection.  I'd rather this event continued to simply be a reason to clean half finished models off the desk. :wink:

well done to all!

Ah, but what of those of us who are masters of all? :wink:

Actually, I don't think I would've entered if that was the case.  My Templar painting is already pretty refined (not perfect, but it's where I want it to be), so that'd leave sculpting.  Smearing liquid greenstuff on plastic rods and calling them candles is about as far as I wanna go down that dusty trail again. :tongue.:

While I get the intended feel of challenging to relative models, i.e. a Terminator for a Terminator, it will severely limit the options for a lot of folks who don't have as wide a collection.  I'd rather this event continued to simply be a reason to clean half finished models off the desk. :wink:

well there need be challengers brother!

Wow, first off great job everyone! There were an impressive number of really quality jobs that were completed here! Secondly I'm going to throw down here and say Fangbanger should get the completion on his stuff there. I know he never officially swapped the Terminators out for that Sicaran, but that's at least as difficult to paint and probably worse to build! Just my $.02 there though :wink:.

Thanks for your kind words also Augustus, I'm a little embarrassed as I just wanted everyone to do the best they could! I really hope that everyone was able to grow a little and pick up some new tricks, I know I learned some great new stuff here! I will wear your badges with pride. :cool.:

Congrats again all around.

I enjoyed the event as it was other than the difficulty finding partners :)

I'm looking forward to the next time to see how the changes play out.

Thanks again for coming up with and running the event Augustus.

I've had some questions about the badges: there are some participating frater that have earned a Victor Badge but then afterwards failed in their second challenge and thus have to wear the Mea Culpa. 

Nowhere does it state you cannot wear both. :)

Remember, this was your vow:

I, [name challenge], accept the challenge set to me by [name challenger], and vow that I will finish building, painting, and basing [unit] before [selected deadline]. Completion will earn me eternal glory, while failure shall yield me shame until Midsummer.

So bear your Victor Badge with pride, but until Midsummer, the Mea Culpa should also feature in your banner! :tu:

Thanks for all the thanks guys! I'm happy you liked the event. About the third future alteration: this won't be super strict. A vehicle for a vehicle, a commander for a commander, something like that. :)

You did a sterling job wit this event Augustus. It gave me the motivation to finish some models and had some good banter with a fellow frater. It also felt like a good warm up before the ETL IV. Great concept for the event too, and well executed. 

And well done to everyone who took part - some great models and a good feeling of participation. 

Just as a quick reminder to all to keep an eye on the amount of image space used in your signature.

The limit it 800pixels x 100pixels.

So you can gauge it better, the sizes used on the graphics here are:

Banner= 300x100

Square= 100x100

Medallion= 33x100

You can also add images to your 'about me' page in your profile which is a great way to display your hard work in forum events like this one and the upcoming E Tenebrae Lux.

Thanks for hosting this event, Augustus. It was the first B&C event I participated in, definitely not the last. :)

Great work everyone, I've seen some very impressive and inspiring paintjobs and conversions here. See you all next year, I hope!

Gah! I am currently living away from home, overseas, and don't have regular internet access or a particularly strong connection on the occasions I do, so managed to miss this!

I am both humbled and surprised - I think there were plenty of other more deserving entries but am honoured that Alaric Tyr was chosen to hold the award. Though the XIXth may no longer hold a place for him, it's awesome to see he has won a place here :) Thanks very much for the accolade, and more importantly. thanks Augustus for running the event - this is definitely a really cool concept that should be expanded into a regular fixture in my opinion. Although I agree that mutual challenges should be the order of the day and that one round of completions makes most sense. It was awesome to see everyone come together and really churn out a ton of stuff - I feel Fangbanger deserves special recognition for just how much stuff he turned out (and 200plus for being the sole Frater to achieve three studs).

Til next time, brothers. Alaric Tyr and his band of Terran malcontents salute you all...

Congratulations on such a successful first event Augustus, well done :tu:

Unfortunately I couldn't sort out my own vow, I made the mistake of vowing an unassembled model, something I usually avoid like the plague.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to Round 2, the rules adjustments sound good.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 years later...

Archived