Nmm Saint Celestine wip/tute

Tommie Soule

... why is she holding a homing pigeon from the Worms game series?

It's a dove I believe-- a symbol typically assosciated with peace and as messengers.   They are also assosciated with St Olga of Kiev-- the most revenge driven, frightening woman to ever receive sainthood.  (She used doves to spread embers and burn an entire city to the ground, among other things).

Great looking celestine, can't wait to see her done! 

That's some amazing work. I'm examining the technique and hope to be able to integrate it into my skill set some time soon, but for now I think it's still a little too advanced for this old intermediate-level painter with bad eyes. cool.png

Got more done on my saint celestine today. Its at the point where brain melting happens. Thus i will push through to the final adjustment stage where making key areas of the armour pop or not happens.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/tommiesoule/stceletinshest.jpg

That is fabulous gold work man!  Lovin' this...  For a painter who's not used metallic paints for almost 10 years, I'd love to know your formula for this effect.    Just looked at the tutorial, excellent.  When you glaze, how thin does this layer need to be?  I know the "brain melt" effect when doing NMM.  It'll make you go blind...  Again, wonderful eye tricking gold work!  Keep it up!

Where do you find "snakebite leather" these days?, the "new color" that replaced it is not very good.

BSS 

I have been asked why snake bite? Is it the go to colour?

Yes snake bite leather is great because it's a yellow based brown. Normally most browns are red based, meaning they go pink when lightened.

here's the shoulders. Have a larger pic to show you some of the stages better.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/tommiesoule/IMG_20150304_221715.jpg

Archived