Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brother Casman's Thread of Things 2015

Conversions Predator Executioner Predator Infernus Blood Ravens Chapter

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 894 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Ravens
So, welcome to my 2015 hobby thread. I don't have a major project like my terrain set for this year (well, other than my Orks, which are hardly board appropriate) but I do have some things on the go for my Marines.

I posted the following image as a teaser for a Predator Executioner gun a while back, so this is where I'll start:
C86E387B-C56F-4F3E-96D0-EAF8D758418B_zps

Edited by Brother Tyler, 14 April 2017 - 11:16 PM.
Tags edited

Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 894 posts
I knew that I wanted to fill the space between the gun and the mantlet with something, but I was having a hard time finding something that would fit into the existing tubes/holes. So I ended up cutting them off and replacing them:
8C39810E-903F-4D4A-B428-23AEB197DA92_zps

I leveled the tubes out a bit, and grabbed some leftover electrical wire and bent it around to give me the little arc seen here:
FA078BA1-40FB-411F-BAFF-BC81CCE38FE5_zps

Here, I've added some more wire arcs:
48E10C89-0283-471B-AD42-63F21C4C36E3_zps

And here, we have the full set, along with the turret proper (it's magnetized to be swappable):
7D8140CF-FCAA-4BE1-9CED-314DDEA242E2_zps

Not sure how I'll do the heavy conversion beamer variant, but it'll probably involve the autocannon turret in some way.

Do let me know what you think!

Edited by Brother Casman, 16 February 2015 - 10:16 PM.

• Xenith likes this
Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 894 posts
You'll also note that the tags on this thread include Predator Infernus - this will be a rather more straightforward conversion of the Baal Predator. Here we have the Flamestorm cannon (stock, though I will scrap off the Blood Angel symbols):
20B0FB6A-50C5-430D-9097-2D8403005B4C_zps

And here we have a Magna-Melta turret:
5F9455B4-90F5-4730-874B-C9E33391CB3A_zps

There is some green stuff work to be done on the magna-melta.

Edited by Brother Casman, 16 February 2015 - 10:24 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,727 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Lords

Hmm. Interested to see where this goes. 

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,736 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

likewise.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,535 posts
  • Chapter Name: Warriors of Mayhem

Looking good so far.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 894 posts
So, a quick update today. I've done some work on my Blood Ravens between other things over the past couple months. Here's how the turret conversion looks at present:
D76FBDEF-F324-44CB-A1AC-C999535DD292_zps
I think it needs something in the space on the gun, maybe some purity seals? Thoughts?

I also found an unopened box of Assault Terminators, and I run a Chapter Master/Captain in Terminator armour often enough, so I figured I'd build the most common version and paint him up:
4B743F2C-89C6-48D2-BCD4-041FCE02AB62_zps

08A9F6CE-64F3-490E-B12A-C56C32751961_zps

FB37213F-84F5-4D9E-BACA-68BBA9AF1313_zps

I also decided that these metal Sternguard had waited long enough to get painted - they're done with the new Blood Raven colour scheme from the How to Paint Tactical Marines ebook GW released for free. Rather darker than my previous scheme, but I like it more, I think. My new Blood Ravens will get done this way from now on:
356DB0B1-2672-4FEC-827C-C4D500FBC1D5_zps

Stercus

Stercus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,339 posts
There's some great stuff here. I really like the plasma turret. Is it made with parts from the dark angel skimmer thing?

<p>gallery_48988_6285_50857.png
My thread of things:
http://www.bolterand...lds-some-stuff/

WIP Index Astartes Articles:

Gatekeepers: http://www.bolterand...pers/?p=4192488

Harvesters: http://www.bolterand...ters/?p=4192489

Sons of Aetius: http://www.bolterand...tius/?p=4192491

Stercus percussit molendinum ad

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 894 posts
Yeah! When I saw the Land Speeder Vengeance, I knew that was how I was going to build a predator executioner turret. Luckily I have a friend who plays Dark Angels and built one of each speeder, so he gave me the spare set of plasma cannons.

Stercus

Stercus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,339 posts
Always good to have a friend with unwanted spare stuff!
I'm still looking for someone who has spare heavy bolter sponsons from a stormwolf/fang so I can finish off my Lacerator.

<p>gallery_48988_6285_50857.png
My thread of things:
http://www.bolterand...lds-some-stuff/

WIP Index Astartes Articles:

Gatekeepers: http://www.bolterand...pers/?p=4192488

Harvesters: http://www.bolterand...ters/?p=4192489

Sons of Aetius: http://www.bolterand...tius/?p=4192491

Stercus percussit molendinum ad

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,535 posts
  • Chapter Name: Warriors of Mayhem

Nice looking Ravens.

• Brother Casman likes this

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,736 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Spectres & More

thumbsup.gif  Coming along Nicely.

• Brother Casman likes this

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conversions, Predator Executioner, Predator Infernus, Blood Ravens Chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users