Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

Ive been working on a few minis in the WIP section but thought Id share them over here too as that seems to be mainly power armor

Im trying to see if the scions can blend with my small IG PDF force and heres the results of this weekends work.

I'll pose more as I go but Ive got Yarrick prepped and ready as my next mini

gallery_46766_15816_10594.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Yes, the Forge area is more power armour so all Guard painting/tactica/etc stuff is not just appropriate here but also welcome :) Even more so with such finely painted models ;) The green is great along with the face, we'll be looking forward to seeing more soon so don't disappoint us Ultra :lol:

Thanks guys

Im always moving onto the next project before Ive finished the first one so before I invest in a box of scions Ive vowed to finish all of the IG minis that Ive had

I bought about 12 off ebay in various states. some were fine and cleaned up, others were glue bombs.

To get me started I based these last night

gallery_46766_15816_7192.jpg

Once its dry Ill paint and highlight them to match my Ultra army

The sarge came out well (I need to finish the arms etc) He must be doing something right as he survived long enough to grow a tash

gallery_46766_15816_40715.jpg

Heres the next six undercoated and prepped

Im only doing the bodies as I want to use the scion heads once I get that pack

gallery_46766_15816_11983.jpg

and once these are done then onto.....

gallery_46766_15816_6806.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Ive cracked on with the minis and Im about to call in at GW this weekend to pick up a box of Scion troops.

I found a spare cachan head but Im not sure it goes that well. What do you think

gallery_46766_15816_26455.jpg

Here are the other 4 with the cloth done (awaiting final highlight) and the green washed awaiting shade

gallery_46766_15816_24952.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys

Ive just about finished my flamer

The lights washed out the shade so I'll try and get a better picture later

gallery_46766_15816_52773.jpg

Ive also used one of my sternguard meltas and replaced one of my flamer arms with it

This will be next up

gallery_46766_15816_88543.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

@ Mehman 

It does, I'll get a photo of it. 

The flamer handle sits nicely on the flat plate of the melta. This isnt glued yet so what Im going to do is glue a ring onto the side of the melta so the handle connects to it

this is great stuff here, the painting is clean,crisp and pops well, it doesn't get any better than this!

consider this one being watched closely.

congrats on some good stuff and the inspiration that comes from looking at it too :biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

p.s the face on the beret guard at the top is verrry well done nice stubble effect and what colours are used on the fatigues if i may ask?.. 

Thanks guys 

I'll come back with an update on the colours later tonight but just as a note on the melta the stock behind the hand grip is longer on the SM version so to make it fit inside the bend in the arm I had to shave a couple of mm off of the back of the melta (Essentially cutting the sloping section off at the back) and then recut the slope back in further down. This then meant the IG hand fits neatly up to the point where the old trigger was.

Evening

@ mithrilforge

The fatigues are to the GW guide. Its a Steel Legion Drab base, washed with devlan mud, then highlighted with various mixes of steel legion, tallarn sand and karak stone. the final highlights are pure karak stone, I then give it a really watery wash of medium and devlan mud to blend it.

Re the stubble just take whatever colour you use for the face and add a small touch of black (and I mean a dot of it) it then goes a grey/flesh colour. Add some medium and apply to area..... just dont overdo it or it looks odd

As requested here are a few reference pics of how it sits.

I'll probablt add a small disc mount point on the side of the melta where the handle connects but I'll do this once Im ready to prime

gallery_46766_15816_38804.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_27793.jpg

Compare this to a standard melta and you can see the stock has been reduced slightly

gallery_46766_15816_32087.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Nice photos!

Also for stubble you can add together your final face and/or head highlight colour with Stormvermin Fur and then apply as needed. I stipple/drybrush it onto the areas but you could probably paint it on, too.