Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

So today this has had an undercoat then black from below, white from above then grey on all the surfaces. 

Ive now started to weather it.... this is going to be a loooooooooong process! 

Im using oil paints and the dot process with white, black, brown and a tiny bit of green 

I'll post a pic when I do the next panel

Ive done the door and the level immediately above it. Its hard to photo at the moment as its still wet. It will look better post a purity seal

It may be a long process, but it looks worthwhile judging from your results! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Triple update tonight!

Im continuing to weather the bastion although Im getting bored with it now. I dont know if Im over weathering it as it looks like its had a real beating.

gallery_46766_15816_74911.jpg

Finished another heavy weapons team with two arguing guards

gallery_46766_15816_168833.jpg

Ive also finished the base for Sly

gallery_46766_15816_101481.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Excellent stuff - can I ask what do you use for weathering? Is it powders?

Thanks

Not yet, its just oil (brown, black, white, green) pulled out with thinners. Google oil dot weathering. 

Ill then seal it and then hit it with some powder on some of the top areas

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered - do you mind sharing your recipe for the green armour? Cheers!

No worries

Its basically green and brown 

so paint (or spray) them Steel Legion Drab

Then paint the armour Castellan Green 

Then wash it all with a watered down Agrax earthshade 

For the brown then highlight from pure steel legion Drab to a mix with Tallarn sand then a mix with Karak Stone

For the green then highlight with pure Castellan Green to a mix with Loren Forrext and then a mix with Straken Green

I try and blend all of the armour highlights and sometimes use Vallejo glaze medium to help get a smooth transition. This does take longer though so you cant crank out minis

I'll then do edge highlights with whatever colour and white

Hope that helps

Thanks

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered - do you mind sharing your recipe for the green armour? Cheers!

No worries

Its basically green and brown

so paint (or spray) them Steel Legion Drab

Then paint the armour Castellan Green

Then wash it all with a watered down Agrax earthshade

For the brown then highlight from pure steel legion Drab to a mix with Tallarn sand then a mix with Karak Stone

For the green then highlight with pure Castellan Green to a mix with Loren Forrext and then a mix with Straken Green

I try and blend all of the armour highlights and sometimes use Vallejo glaze medium to help get a smooth transition. This does take longer though so you cant crank out minis

I'll then do edge highlights with whatever colour and white

Hope that helps

Thanks

Awesome! Muchos appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had a plan for the chaos cultist champion since I saw its release and I finally managed to snag one this week

I then set about taking the head and both arms off and using a dremmel to remove the body in the coat down to the belt

I then replaced this with a trimmed down guards body

Ive updated the chainsword by thinning it down and making it double sided.

Ive also replaced the head with a FW one.

This is all just blue tacked together while I fix the arms and create the folds in the material.

Im not sure what he will be now though. A commisar or field captain

gallery_46766_15816_39312.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

This is all just wonderful stuff but I think my favourite thing is that this is described as a 'small' IG force.

I feel like getting carried away with things is a brilliant trait. I began a few years back with a vague idea to base a Slaanesh force very loosely on a (then) romantic partner who hailed from Sevastopol and today have a 30,000 point soup list I'm working to (and that will never, ever come close to actually existing anywhere but Excel) with very specific design cues stolen from Russian/Soviet history.

• 1 year later...

Ok so Photobucket have nerfed all my photos and as I did a check yesterday Im 100 photos over on this thread alone!!

So Ive now go the fun fun task of editing 17 pages of history to point at the B&C gallery

In the meantime heres something Im working on.

More pics to follow once Ive got a few rivets on it

gallery_46766_15816_31316.jpg

This is what its going to become. It was a glue bomb when I got it off ebay so the whole back end has gone and replaced with plasticard and new exhausts.

The turret is a bane blade turret cut in half and about 2 centimetres removed from the middle

Hopefully get some paint on next week

gallery_46766_15816_23283.jpg

Ok so Photobucket have nerfed all my photos and as I did a check yesterday Im 100 photos over on this thread alone!! 

So Ive now go the fun fun task of editing 17 pages of history to point at the B&C gallery

The expression of the Ogryn in your profile picture says it all :lol:

in any case, the new artillery piece is looking cool! :tu:

So Ive started to paint this

Excuse the poor image but Im using my phone

So far its had its base coat and general spray highlight.

Full oil wash and rust weathering

a bit of highlighting and now on to some powders!

gallery_46766_15816_150966.jpg

Once this is done Im thinking about building a troop dropship out of a storm raven 

I can sort the wings and troop areas out using plasticard but do you think the front of a SR looks IG enough if I just paint it green? or would you say change it up to re style it 

Think big Valkerie..... thats what Im going for