Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

Plus, there's also the fact that the Corvus Blackstar is also just a beautiful model. I was thinking of using it as a Stormraven for my Dark Angels (fits their aesthetic more than the actual Stormraven does :laugh.:)

I completely agree. It looks aggressive and a bit like a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' sort of thing :) .

The Pic I posted is my Valkyrie counts as for my Astra Millitarum Squats... particularly, it's "Duh Chopper" for this little band of Predator hunters :) :

fOId4P7.jpg

I want to kick the back out though to make a large troop area. Think like a fat Valkyrie

The only thing with the corvus is its more like an attack fighter than a troop transporter.... stubby wings which is perfect valk for squats. 

Think elongated Storm raven with a container under the rear

Im still waiting for the Stormraven to arrive so I thought Id sharpen up on my building skills

I had a front and back from a bastion laying around and I always had an idea for a comms outpost

With a bit of plasticard here we are... just need to base on wood and paint

gallery_46766_15816_44149.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_70574.jpg

It fits a few of them on it...

gallery_46766_15816_54723.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ok so finally got this out together over the christmas break

I want this to be a flying tank so ive the fun job of applying rivets

Ive also gone backwards and forwards with what to do with the sides. Either add sponsons with heavy bolter, side doors or (what Ive decided to do) armour plates. The assumption is the back door will work for disembarking

So just need a few more armour plates, rivets, drill bolters, add side doors and then a new cockpit cover (Ive got a pilot) and its onto paint!

gallery_46766_15816_14497.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_11776.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_11412.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So Ive added the doors to the side of this and its ready to paint.

I want it to be a flying tank but dont know if I should paint it like my valk or go mad and do it in camo

I like the angular camo that the Kashyyk droids have in starwars so tempted to try that.

If I do that I cant do the panel shading that I did on the Valk though without a lot of work

Any thoughts?

gallery_46766_15816_78472.jpg

Good job on the Valkyrie.

gallery_46766_15816_78472.jpg

I think it looks beautiful as it is :wub:
I second that. If you want a camouflaged Valkyrie, better assemble and paint another model, instead of risking the already good paint job on this one. To justify the different color schemes, say the camouflaged one is a Tempestus Scions transport, painted that way so the "glory boys" can feel "special."

• 1 month later...

Flying tank tooka step closer to completion

One benefit of working at home is that Ive had time on breaks to work on this.

Base camo done.... got the metal work to do then its onto seal and oil washes!

Theres still a bit of tidying up to do on the camo. I airbrushed the green and forgot how much of a pain hand blocking colours can be!

gallery_46766_15816_118893.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_7389.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_9837.jpg