Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

Ive been waiting for some flesh colours to arrive before I started on this head

Ive tried a new technique of building up colour rather than washing the shades in. Ive then hit it with a very weak purple wash to put some colour in it. Im just not sure of the hue but its good to have variation!

The arm is just test fitted

gallery_46766_15816_99770.jpg

Ive also got a mechanic on the table

gallery_46766_15816_426152.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Looking good! I think the new technique for the face worked really well.

Where did you manage to find that model (the veteran guard sergeant or platoon commander or whatever he is)? I can never remember his name or anything but really love the sculpt. He used to be a named character, right?

Anyway, keep these updates coming! Excited to see more.

Looking good! I think the new technique for the face worked really well.

Where did you manage to find that model (the veteran guard sergeant or platoon commander or whatever he is)? I can never remember his name or anything but really love the sculpt. He used to be a named character, right?

Anyway, keep these updates coming! Excited to see more.

It's a mini from ghost miniatures called Sargent Lucas. Looks like a resin figure based on the kasrkin Sargent. The heads are a bit featureless so I switched it for one from anvil

• 2 months later...

I'll have a group shot soon but had a push fit guy who had had some paint issues in a previous life that came to me in an ebay purchase.

I chopped him up and while filling the chest hole added a backpack in GS. Also dropped some Anvil arms and a Victoria gun too.

Had a catachan head that looked like it worked with the rolled up sleeves. (those heads are big!)

gallery_46766_15816_315653.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_33142.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it, it's quite a different model in many ways from what I've seen!

Someone over on Facebook did a conversion to IG that looked like Avatar walkers. Going to give that a go and try and make them look less Primaris

In the meantime got the first three from this squad ready (except for the base edges)

Flash is really washing these out though... may have to get a cheapo light box

gallery_46766_15816_517911.jpg

Legs? Thought canopy would be next. Then arms,or arms,and hands to hold the auto cannon. You are going for the Avatar,Walker?

This is truly cool. No ultra cool. Wish I had tried this myself.

Edited by walter h

I did think about building a half armoured canopy like the catachan sentinel but I thought it looks good with the exposed pilot

Lets just say he has a shield :) 

Im leaving the arms as they are as I did have an idea to have the hand holding a dead nid but Im not sure how Im going to do that or if I want to as it may take focus away from the mini as a whole. 

Ive switched out the two body guns for a couple of Hotshot guns off my Taurox so thats made a big difference.

Im painting it from the legs up so today is leg day! 

Ive finished the legs off

gallery_46766_15816_474060.jpg

Im not sure Im going to add all the leg bumpers to it as I think it looks cleaner as is

Ive found a spare part in my Taurox kit that makes a great floor for a guardsman as the marines legs are way longer

Ive also drilled out the hotshots

gallery_46766_15816_613344.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_40011.jpg

I love the Avatar film! I also love what you're doing here!

I second what Shamansky said about the Chainsaw, would look really cool.

Its difficult to go for the avatar look as you need two arms and they are really short so to have a gun across the body will also be difficult

Chain saw fingers may look a bit off but what about a full size chainsword..... with hazard stripes......

Im going to have a go with the spare gun hand and see what I can come up with