Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

I was going through your posts then noticed they were from five years ago! :teehee: :facepalm:

but really cracking thread!! Expect more likes in the near future!

Thanks... has it been that long!!

I paint and dont play so its just a hobby which comes in fits and bursts. 

The thread is littered with projects that are 90% painted then something new and grey comes along that grabs my attention :) 

"Since you showed up with your paint can we havent been able to find any of our chapters vehicles......"

Space Marine vehicles DO look better in camouflage, than in the bright, "Shoot me! I'm right over here!" colors that Games Workshop tends to use.

I was going through your posts then noticed they were from five years ago! :teehee::facepalm:

but really cracking thread!! Expect more likes in the near future!

Thanks... has it been that long!!

I paint and dont play so its just a hobby which comes in fits and bursts.

The thread is littered with projects that are 90% painted then something new and grey comes along that grabs my attention :)

I am the same way. I have so many unfinished projects. You are not alone, lol.

Ive finished the IG Rhino so now onto the troops

Going to have one in the back and one chilling on the side (sat on a fuel can :) )

gallery_46766_15816_135010.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_461209.jpg

Im happy with the way the legs came out on this one to say they are 100% GS

gallery_46766_15816_321824.jpg

Im going to redo the screen on this.

I went too dark with the target on it and it needed to be a very dark green not black

gallery_46766_15816_504064.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Someone over on Facebook did a conversion to IG that looked like Avatar walkers. 

Do you have a link to this?  I've been trying to give sentinels arms and its pretty difficult.  I actually also got an Invictor to try but it just turned out too large for me, so scrapped the idea.  Your stuff is all awesome btw =)

Someone over on Facebook did a conversion to IG that looked like Avatar walkers. 

Do you have a link to this?  I've been trying to give sentinels arms and its pretty difficult.  I actually also got an Invictor to try but it just turned out too large for me, so scrapped the idea.  Your stuff is all awesome btw =)

Hi, Ive had a look but cant see where I saw it. Have you seen anvil forge have some walkers that look like battle suits.

I think the problem with trying to make these look like Avatar walkers is that the arms are too stumpy so you cant get them to reach across the body

https://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/digital-sci-fi-drop-troopers-characters

• 3 months later...

Gaunts Ghosts have landed just in time for Fathers day in the UK. 

Thats my present taken care of. 

I just had a sneaky look at the sprue and as they are monopose there isnt much you can do with them

The weapons are separate and there are a couple of them that would make good stowage on tanks so Im going to try and get a one sided press mold (for my use) to use in some of my scratch builds. Ive got an idea for a scout invictus battle suit....

got to get 6 plastic ghosts finished first though.... !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive been a working an a few new conversions. First up the heavy weapons squad

gallery_46766_15816_690222.jpg

Next is a set of shotgun Vets and a random trooper. Im really happy with how the middle one turned our

gallery_46766_15816_542676.jpg

With the release of the DKOK minis I liked the look of their guns,backpacks and ammo

With a bit of work they fit.

Heres a test on one of my glue bomb ebay wins

gallery_46766_15816_190015.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_20795.jpg

• 7 months later...

Get a 3d printer they said... it will be fun they said.....

Now I have a pile of grey shame and blue shame.....

First scout vehicle off the line already salt weathered.

One thing the printer is great for is stowage. I'll never be short of cans, boxes, tarps etc again

gallery_46766_15816_169156.jpg

He's reappeared! :woot:

Hope to see that pile of shame being completed and posted up here! :yes:

Yep back on the painting horse again. Had a break as had a busy period but back on it. 

Treated myself to a resin printer and started to play with Blender. The first thing I did was rescale some of the torsos and legs so still using mainly GW parts but it makes it great for scaling. I'll drop some pics on later 

Main problem I have is a lot of my GW paints have dried up (properly dried up) :)