Small IG and Scion force

UltraRich

Bit more of an update.

All the panels are done (no, Ive not done underneath!!) so its had its layer of purity seal and its on to the fun bit

First though I wanted to tie this into the idea of my Ultra PDF with the blue pads.

Ive gone for wing and nose stripes that will be weathered and chipped as they currently sit on a layer of hair spray on top of the purity seal

The big question is do I leave them alone or add a black or white stripe down either side where they meet the green?

Comments on leave alone, white stripes or black stripes.

Thanks

gallery_46766_15816_29150.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_116945.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_23117.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

@UltraRich, that is one good looking bird soooo impressive. Great work

Thanks 

Im going to start the cockpit and pilots tonight and see if I can get that done. 

I'll then move onto the engine that Ive not decided which bits are to be metal and which are painted yet. 

Love the stripes! They really make the wings pop out more. Are you going to put transfers/decals of some kind over the stripes, too?

Thanks

Re the decals probably at some point but I havent worked out the unified markings for my PDF. If you look at my guard they all have a blue pad with no markings.

What I'll end up doing is adding them all en mass at some point.

What I have done though is added one today and done a bit of over painting

Ive also magnitised the cockpit cover

gallery_46766_15816_2975.jpg

gallery_46766_15816_93996.jpg

Edited by UltraRich

Very nice work Rich. How did you get the 3d pop effect? Also how did you get the oil streaks? My valk and vendetta both tended up with heavy amounts of browns around the panel lines to simulate dirt and crud build up (Their planet's got a ton of Afghanistan like areas). 

Excellent stuff all around but your basic troops are very nice indeed :)

The smooth transition between highlights really sets them apart from others I have seen.

Man, those Valkyrie/Vendetta cockpits are the biggest pain!  Mine refused to sit straight and had to be held in place with metal clamps.  I never thought to magnetize it, though.  Sharp!

Thanks everyone

lrik_Ironfist  Ive used the technique in the link in the post further up this page. You spray the whole thing with the mid colour then mask each panel in turn. You then spray the dark and light colours at either end of the panel but maintain the direction on all panels. It looks strange pre wash but once its oil washed it makes a really good effect. 

@Vel'Cona I had the same problem. I just couldn't get it to sit. In the end I took the approach that I wanted to magnitise it as Im detailing the cockpit too so if it doesnt sit perfectly Im not too worried