Excellent completion Sviar, the Scion looks great! I've tidied your post up a bit as it was breaking the page layout, so it will be easier to read now smile.png Congratulations on your promotion to Warrant Officer Class 2! biggrin.png

I think we edited at the same time. While you did a great job, I thrased the text once again.

I got "Warrant officer class 2" in "Threads and thrusters" and got the "Classified" rank in "Big guns nercer tire".

I forgot I was out of likes Thank you Our_baz and WarriorFish for the kind wordssmile.png

Paulus, Preacher of the New Imperial Truth, High Priest of Taros has been completed. Write-up to follow in the next couple of days:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150324_23_41_34_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150324_23_42_00_Pro.jpg

Also submitting this guy for the One for All challenge, will have him finished tonight.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150323_22_28_32_Pro.jpg

Nice work captain. With the rest like the purple beret. Is the sword the one from the cadian command box?

Thanks for the kind words! The sword is the one from the Cadian Command box, I just sliced and diced it up to make the hilt a bit fancy

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Well done Coffee, keep working hard - not long to finish the last bits for those additional promotions though!

The entrants table is starting to look more healthy now but time is fast running out! Let's see everyone past the posts!

Love your submissions, RADU! There's a reason I stole that look. tongue.png

Thanks guys! I have also completed the Veteran Guardsman for the All for One challenge!
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150326_21_26_43_Pro.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150326_21_27_01_Pro.jpg

All For One Fluff:

Ivadon Dontius is one of the few members of the upper echelons of Tarosian command that served with the Imperium prior to joining the ranks of the Gue'vesa. Attached to the Cadian 4014th, he was one of the many abandoned when the Imperium hastily retreated in the face of grinding hit-and-run attacks on Dal'yth. In deep cover with the rest of his squad on an assassination mission, they were inevitably hunted down and surrounded by the vengeful Tau forces. The forests of Dal'yth provided much in the way of cover, and some edible food to keep the squad going. The team gathered scattered survivors, plundered munitions and slowly became a guerilla threat attacking passing Tau convoys and cleanup crews. Devilfishes filled with Earth Caste teams moving to rebuild Dal'yth's shattered infrastructure were ruptured by improvised Meltamines. Pathfinder scout teams found perforated with sniper rounds, or with slit throats.

Such was the irritating stubbornness of the threat of the group of some three dozen soldiers, that Shadowsun herself organised the final Kau'yon trap for them. Lured by the passing of a convoy bearing glyphs marking them as transports for a group of low-ranking Ethereals, the soldiers massed to strike a brutal blow against the Tau morale. It was in this moment that they were unmade. As they moved to rig the road, their trademark trapping method was itself, trapped. Buried Drones sprung from underneath the dirt, scything through the Guardsmen as they realised the trap laid out for them. Shadowsun had predicted the place they would choose to place their Meltamines, and laid a trap for them in turn. As they broke and ran for the trees, Seeker Missiles arced through the sky, coming down hard and further decimating their number.

As Shadowsun's plan moved into the last phase, a mere five Veterans lived. The Drones were evaded once in the forest, but the damage to morale and fighting ability had been done. With thirty of their number lying dead at the roadside, they retreated deep into the forest, where they hoped they could avoid the Tau presence. They were sadly mistaken, as Shadowsun's last phase moved to a close. Their armour was perforated with small pieces of shrapnel from the Seeker Missile blasts, but there was more than simple metal buried in their flak vests. Without realising it, each survivor was coated in locator beacons, and as they rested one night, the Tau descended at last.

Ivadon was the first to throw down his weapon and surrender, and for that he received a laspistol to the back from the Veteran Sergeant commanding the group. The sergeant's defiance would have been a proud and noble tale to Imperial Guardsmen around the galaxy, but to Ivadon, his monologue in the face of death rang hollow and meaningless. A towering Crisis Suit ended the Sergeant's speech mid-sentence, vaporising him in a blast of impatient plasma. One-by-one, the last members either threw down their weapons, or turned tail and were brought down as they ran. Those who surrendered were taken to the Tau medical facilities, where it was made known that their skills and tenacity had earned a begrudging respect. It was here they were offered the chance to become Gue'vesa, and it was here the group at last splintered, the Tau dividing them up across various squads being formed from Damocles survivors. Ivadon was part of the retinue that came to Taros to convince Planetary Governor Uphir Aulis of the benefits of joining the Tau. As such, he has remained a stoic bodyguard for the upper echelons of Tarosian command, guarding his charges with weapon and body.

Paulus, Preacher of the New Imperial Truth fluff:

It isn't known from where Paulus von Phyrra originally hails, nor by what roads he came to Taros late in the year M40.999. His tale is one that has been lost to him, for a purpose has been granted to him that renders his previous life irrelevant, he has but one purpose left to him in this life during these dark days.

Paulus began preaching in the streets of Tarokeen, Taros' principle city, shortly after the failure of the Taros Campaign to wrest the planet back into Imperial hands. Thought at first to be a Priest left behind who sought to undermine Tau rule, he was imprisoned by the Tau Water Caste, who undertook many extensive interrogations to find his origins, which remained elusive even in the wake of mind-scans and other invasive techniques. Throughout it all, Paulus had but one story to tell; the Emperor had sent him to guide Taros away from the Imperium, having been visited with visions of a sudden and cataclysmic collapse of the Imperium. He said that Taros must be strengthened in military and mind, that the people must come to embrace a reverence of knowledge and learning. It is these visions that plague Paulus each night, his body convulsing as he experiences the fires of the dying empire of Man.

After much discussion and debate, it was the Ethereal Aun'sol who ordered Paulus' release. The pragmatic and Atheistic Tau put no stock in visions or prophecy, but humans still do, even when trained and indoctrinated to do otherwise. The absence of a religion amongst their ranks would create a vacuum inevitably filled, and the wrong religion could incite rebellion or disillusionment. It is for this reason they sent Paulus forth with their blessing, allowing him to establish the Church of the New Imperial Truth in Tarokeen, and spread the word of his visions and prophecy. Over time the visions have evolved, greater nightmares prowl the edge of prophecy, and Paulus has begun to see a shadow thrown by fangs and claws innumerable washing over Taros, ending all they have hoped to build...

Archived