You can also use the "Special BB Code"button from the options above the text field. It is on the top row, third button in from the left. Simply click on the square icon, select the spoiler tag and then type your text in the box that pops up and you're good to go.

Finally got there, been a busy month, one day I would like to expand on the write ups too.

Army Addition (Verdant Secundus PDF: Commandos)

Due to lessons learned in facing the Tyranid menace, Verdant Secundus PDF has decided to form a special strike force dubbed the Commandotroepen, or Commandos for short. Being tasked with special operations they are to be deployable anywhere on the planet, no matter what the situation.

As Verdant Secundus is a Knight World, and the term 'Scion' has special significance for the Ruling Knight Masters, the word 'Commando' was chosen for this elite group and to help alleviate any confusion over the term Scion in reference to the Militarum Tempestus Scions (sometimes also called Stormtroopers). Having said that, as the Commandos are a newly formed force, they have been trained to standards in line with the Militarum Tempestus Scions. Another example of this would be the Imperial world of Cadia naming it's elite unit 'Kasrkin', hence Verdant Secundus elite unit are essentially the same just under a different name.

The Commando uniform is similar to the regular troops, green fatigues with blue (knightly) armour, but they have chosen a jade green as their coloured strip over the blue. They wear better armour and are armed with better weapons too as their missions dictate. At this point their helmets include rebreathers and also include coloured eye lenses.

As this is a newly formed group, they have not seen battle yet together. It is expected that when they do, they will most likely enter combat via air drop from Valkyries.

Figure - Commando Jurgen

Special Commando Jurgen is a member of the first founding Elite unit. He had just recently been added into a Veteran Guardsmen unit when Regimental Command had decided that due to his experience and temperament that something more important was in store for him, duty as a new Commando instead. Being hand picked by his Sgt (like all new elites) he conducted further rigourous training in the mountain regions of the North which are fairly isolated. Jurgen passed all the physical tests and drill training required admirably, including the final 'hell week' which included non-stop activity.

Being the first unit and based on standard Imperial doctrine, Jurgen is part of a 10 man squad, with a 5 man squad forming his command structure. In time a second squad will be added.

A portion of Jurgens training included Valkyrie air assault and insertion skills including the famed deep strike.

Blood and Glory vow -

Colour Sergeant Boorn

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy112/BrotherHandro/52ca7bec-0294-4c43-8796-c7639948a358_zpspukiriqe.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy112/BrotherHandro/3cc36b5f-32e8-4302-9b5d-bc21e0cd8455_zpszrqfgxpx.jpg

Colour Sergeant Boorn fluff;

This pict-capt depicts Colour sergeant Boorn, a long-serving member of 3rd Company, the Imperial Governor’s Lifeguard. His records indicate that he joined the Lifeguard upon its inception, and rose to the rank of colour sergeant in his tenth year of service by dint of aptitude and exemplary conduct. The honour of carrying the company standard of what is regarded as the symbolic representative of Imperial might in the Grandia system is not lost on him. Only the venerable Pax Grandia, the system’s ancient heavy cruiser evokes more pride in the populace. The Lifeguard are popular for their sense of pomp and pageantry and their gaudily coloured dress uniforms, and for their calm, reassuring presence around major public infrastructure, however whilst on active duty, theatre-specific uniform is adopted, and ceremonial helmets and jackets are replaced with flak-standard equivalents.

Army fluff;

Upon the Imperial compliance of the Grandia system, a feat accomplished with fortunately little bloodshed, the installation of an Imperial Governor to oversee the acceptance of Imperial tithes and the turning over of Grandian power and production centres was called for. Owing to the relative unimportance and size of the system, instead of the Expedition’s commander being appointed, the title was offered to a scion of a minor military house, who accepted with good grace. As was only right and fitting, a ceremonial bodyguard was required to protect and accompany the Governor to all of his official engagements.

However, following a spate of political attacks and increasingly organised violence by groups claiming to represent the disgruntled agri-unions, (culminating in the infamous Starlight View massacre), the Lifeguard was strengthened significantly. Despite protests from high-placed Feldgend commanders that their Enforcer units could provide a superior elite paramilitary force, the Governor’s Lifeguard grew in size and remit and became a capable fighting regiment in its own right. [it is interesting to note that many observers have speculated that the agri-union disputes may have been deliberately allowed to fester after Imperial compliance by Feldgend commanders in order to allow the rapid increase in Feldgend materiel and jurisdiction, with some even going so far as to claim that the Feldgend themselves orchestrated the sedition].

The Lifeguard naturally favour a defensive style of warfare, and can be relied upon to hold any reasonably defendable position indefinitely given adequate support. A grim determination to hold ground at any cost is bred into each Guardsman during their training, with endless simulations on buying time for VIPs to be evacuated being a particular favourite of their training masters. Although each Guardsman is trained to be a highly proficient bodyguard in his own right, their tactics at higher unit levels revolve around tried and tested Vattran manoeuvres. Favouring massed ranks of infantry in defensive lines or squares, each unit is expected to receive and respond near-instantly to battle orders, often involving wheeling as one to decimate a surprised enemy and fire volley after volley of lasgun fire into the teeth of the enemy.

Whew! I really struggled with this one, even deciding on the colour scheme was something I put off for weeks. Not especially happy with it, but it seemed to come together ok at the end once I added some white. Now I really must finish my Sons of Horus vow...

The white completes him nicely, a very cool model painted well! Grand indeed he looks suitably epic and no less is allowed for the pith helmet ;) I also like the fluff, a good mix of history in there for a cool story - one you should definitely expand on :tu:

Ok, caught up now. Speedy work there Coffee, you're getting the hang of Guardsmen now! The armour and plasma are nice. Your bases are looking really good too - great work that puts you up to the new ranks it seems - though just shy of the maximum as I don't see your regimental fluff?

Spiffy promotions for you too Cod, a great model! The green stripe is a nice touch and the visor is amazing, makes me want to rip my Scion box open and get to work but all things in good time msn-wink.gif

So now I've properly sorted out the new promotions I can't help but notice that we're still missing some completed models! The finished solider is mandatory, failure to comply is not tolerable! So get those paint brushed out comrades, the time remaining is expiring fast - only the weekend remains!

Remember; 20:00 GMT is the deadline on Sunday so don't be late! Blood and Glory's model is rather nice too even if I do say so myself... tongue.png

Thanks guys, I really struggled with this one, after completing my One For All vow really quickly.

Yeah, pith helmets make everything better. However, I've just noticed I forgot to carry on the white trim around the bottom of his jacket. Sigh.

WarriorFish, thanks mate, the fluff for a bodyguard/NotPraetorian regiment writes itself really. But don't worry, there is plenty more where that came from, the Battle for Grandia has already begun, and my esteemed colleague Der_H is compiling a FW Heresy book-style PDF...soon, brothers, soon...

Oh, also my details aren't up to date in the Blood and Glory table, I want to know how may pips I get!

Some great models and fluff on this thread - well done to the Guardsmen who have completed their vows and for those who are not yet ready, the Lord Commissar and myself will start assembling the firing squad on Sunday evening ;)

Whoops, sorry about that Handro - I should have probably left the fiddling with the table for when I wasn't so tired :P I've updated your records but I'm afraid you'll have to wait to find out what you get as you've reached the yet to be disclosed new ranks ;)

As Commissar elmo said let's see those last vows land safely! Sentencing failures hurts us more than it hurts you... the paperwork is awful! :P

So here's the finished photos and background for my entries.  I'm cutting it short, but I had a bit of an accident.  As you can see in the photo below.  Had to make a few last minute repairs.

20150328_085344.jpg

But I managed to get her back together.

DSCN5562.JPG

Commissaar Morkelvichka

Commissar Morkelvichka is a young, headstrong Political officer that has been posted to the 7th  Scansin Regiment of Foot currently assigned to Battle Group 82.  This is her first posting as a fully-fledged Commissar and she finds herself constantly torn between trying to fit in with the other Commissars assigned to BG-82 and finding her place within the 7th Scansin.  She is not one to shirk from her duties, but does tend to spend a bit too much time in front of her pict-caster.  Morkelvichka also believes that everyone is constantly watching her every move waiting for her to make a mistake.

DSCN5556.JPG

Sgt. Burcham - 1st Platoon, 9th Company, 7th Scansin Regiment of Foot

Sgt Burcham is an old hand in the ranks of the 7th  Scansin.  He was originally assigned to the 43rd Scansin light Infantry, but after the Regiment was all but wiped out, which lead him to obtain the rank of Sergeant, he was sent back to his homeworld to help form the core of a new Regiment.  Burcham lead his troops from the front, knowing that the best form of leadership is by setting the example.  This has gained the attention of his Company Commander who has been keeping an eye on him, hoping that he may develop into respected NCO within the Regiment as well to ensure that he be advanced when the time is come.

Army  Background 

Homeworld: Scansin, Segmentum Tempestus
Current Location: Vallivar Sub-System, Veiled Region, Segmentum Tempestus
Commander:  Brevet Colonel Sunderland

The 7th Scansin Regiment has been formed many times of the years.  As with all the Planets within the Vallivar sub-system, Scansin re-uses its regimental numbers, seldom going above 42 numbered Regiments. A light Infantry Regiment the 7th Scansin has no Armor of its own, relying instead on CC Pattern heavy weapons.   The Infantry are armed with Victoria Pattern Las weapons, while the NCO's and Officers carry pistols and close combat weapons.

Known within BG-82 as the “Pretty Boys” for the look of their combat uniforms, many change their mind once the see how the armor protection is woven directly into the fatigues giving the Infantry a range of movement that can be achieved wearing normal armor.  The Regiment contains roughly 2000 Guardsman formed into 10 Foot Companies

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ST28wTXx82I/UyP-XGF4RCI/AAAAAAAABJA/ascvW0Qyi68/s1600/7th+Scansin.JPG

664M38

Grounding of the 7th Scansin Regiment of Foot. Unusual for this grounding is the core of veterans who form the command structure. After initial training7th Scansin first saw action while deployed to New Praxis. Unfortunately the Regiment suffered 60% casualties, too include many of their Company Command Staff's, and took up a roll as a roving garrison force for the front Regiments. 

667M38 

Reassigned to the Vallivar Sub-System Ready Reserve.  The 7th Scansin was first brought back up to strength with reinforcements from Scansin. Over the next 14 months its companies were temporarily assigned to different planets as support for local PDF.  This enabled the Regiments leadership to gain valuable experience while giving the Regiment as a whole the chance to regain it combat strength.

668M38

Permanently reassigned to Battle Group 82, the 7th Scansin has just recently transited in system and is preparing for the defense of Avenweddon, which is under assault by combined forces of chaos.  The Regiment has been moved up onto the line relieving the PDF and forming a solid flank in preparation for the coming assault.

Also squeaking in under the wire here are my completed photos.

Photo Mar 28, 17 47 57

Photo Mar 28, 17 47 48

Photo Mar 28, 17 47 35

Photo Mar 28, 17 47 22

Sadly I don't have any back story written up... but that gives me something to think about for next time. Besides we need some grunts to go storm the trenches... lots of brass and NCO's around here by the badges.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Brisbane, Oz @ GMT +10, I have til ~6am Monday, my time?

That is correct, you can complete from the future! tongue.png

Dorn it !!! Cannot get pictures up and then text has vanished.

PM me if you're having difficulties and I'm sure I can sort you out thumbsup.gif

Great to see a couple more comrades completing - a good save there Argos I can barely notice it so well done on your completions! I love seeing more pith helmets turning up in completion vows too msn-wink.gif His uniform is a nice scheme, the blue, grey and white are complementing each other very well.

Well done to you too Mandolore, another nice blue and white scheme on a trooper biggrin.png For some reason your Gaunt reminds me of Sharpe even more than usual, but I like that! Promotions are easy enough to attain so are you sure you don't want to type out a bit of background? It's easy enough and you might find your creative juices get going :D

The entrants list is up to date and is looking quite healthy! However this is still not acceptable as the commissariat demands nothing less than 100% in all things! Even when giving blood! For those yet to complete you have less than a day to get in your completed model and/or background pieces! For those who have completed please double check your assigned ranks and promotions are correct smile.png

in a rush, fluff should all be there for regiment, blood and glory and one for all

cheers

Army text
As the newest regiment raised on the planet of Bethesda the Bethesdan 51st light infantry regiment has only been in service for 24 years . In these few years the regiment has made a name for itself fighting against the orkoid menace.
Drawn from the population of the mountainous equatorial region of Bethesda, the 51st raising had a great many hunters and trappers within its ranks and these skilled warriors formed the back bone of the regiment. Although the regiment has received reinforcements from many different worlds, and one time even an influx of raw recruits from the regiment’s home world, the traditional hunter cadre skills have been passed on from veteran to new recruit.
Apart from its impressive marksmanship the regiment is known for its ability to rapidly redeploy using significant numbers of the Azog pattern tread bike. Although originally just used to get from battle to battle some Bethesdans have become skilled at fighting from the saddle of their iron steeds and are used for scouting, filling the role of cavalry in place of regular rough riders.
The Bethesdan 51st are currently deployed on the promethium rich world of Aridor where they are protecting the planets resources from heavy piratical ork raids. Of late sector command has lost contact with the 51st after reports of possible tyranid activity.

The Bethesdan 51st had been fighting against an ork invasion of the imperial world of Aridor for 3 years, aiding the planetary defence forces and grinding down the ork numbers in a series of fierce engagements, when the planet was attacked by a tyranid fleet.
The Bethesdan’s originally had orders to repel the orks from the world of ridor. In light of the tyranid threat the ranking officer has decreed their new orders are to use delaying tactics and fight a tactical withdrawal to allow for as much of the planets promethium reserves to be sent off world as possible before the world is inevitably lost.

hq text
Sergeant Major Hardy
Within a week of the tyranids making planet fall the Bethesdan 51st’s entire compliment of officers had been wiped out in a series of precise and yet sickeningly brutal ambushes by tyranids of the Lictor genus. The regiments commissariat head quarters was destroyed by a wave of tyranids headed by a monstrous Dimachaeron. With such a quick removal of the leadership and chain of command the regiment suffered horrific casualties to both the remaining orks and the newly arrived tyranids until the regiments sergeant major took control of the situation, becoming both the regiments senior officer and a version of its commissar. Sergeant Major Hardy has taken the reins and fashioned his much reduced regiment into a deadly weapon, striking at hive nodes attempting to slow and delay the tyranids whilst still pursuing the war against the orks. On Aridor Sergeant Major Hardy is truly the bane of all xenos.

trooper text
Born and raised on Bertha, the troop transport that the Bethesdans have used since their inception, Trooper Strelok is not a native of Bethesda, when he reached the age of 16 he was given the choice of continuing to serve on the Bertha or joining the Bethesdan’s and he chose to enlist in the Imperial Guard. Despite him being an off worlder the bethesans pragmatic view of any reinforcement is good reinforcement no matter where they might be from means that 10 years later Strelok has mastered the hunting skills of the regiment and before the tyranid invasion was being considered for promotion to sergeant. With the extermination of the 51st’s command structure, if he survives the current campaign he is guaranteed lieutenant if not captain.

Cool, well done on getting your backgrounds in RADU, or should that be Warrant Officer Class 2 RADU? ;) I like the detail you put into your regiment, I'd be interested in finding out more even if it does make me want to play Skyrim :lol:

We've got a high standard of completion in both model and background quality this challenge, but then that's not unusual :D

Archived