Yes, where did that skull come from? I've used one that came with the Marine Scout sprue I think for a commissar but I've not seen one with a jaw bone.

Perhaps oddly enough, it's from the Ork Boys special/nob sprue. Safe to say, all the ones I have gotten have made their way to my guard models. :P

Thanks for the kind replies as well!

As promised I hereby declare my Blood and Glory vow complete! biggrin.png

gallery_30308_3239_1689.jpg

gallery_30308_3239_34685.jpg

gallery_30308_3239_44669.jpg

Turns out glueing all the bits on obscures a fair amount of stuff but it's all worth it to see the model done properly. I'm very pleased with him! I slightly underestimated the work required as Bullgryns are pretty big models but it was a nice cross between painting a soldier and tank - just got to get the other two done now tongue.png To attain the full Sergeant rank here are the backgrounds including an all new regimental background piece as usual smile.png

144th Arukan (new)

"Charge! For the Emperor!" Commissar Holk bellowed with accompanying blows on his whistle, both easily rising about the mayhem of battle.
"For da Emprah!" The Bullgryns responded as they barrelled into the xenos lines with a speed belying their size.
Shields crunched down with brutal power and grenade launchers bludgeoned wildly, but effectively. For all the Eldar speed and grace it counted for little as the excitable Ogryns bumped shoulder to shoulder and struck each other as much as the enemy, their inefficient and unpredictable movements catching the xenos completely by surprise. Holk afforded himself a smile as an Aspect Warrior had the life crushed out of him by eager Ogryns shield bumping each other in glee, unaware of the hapless enemy between them.
A suitably ignoble end to a perfidious alien, he scowled to himself as he casually sent a couple of bolts into an Eldar who had flanked the Bullgryn's shield line.

The battle was short and extremely gruesome, many of the enemy reduced to unrecognisable mulch under the abhuman's childlike enthusiasm. Seeing the fight won Holk raised his whistle once more.
"To me! Reform the line!" his voice boomed across the blood splattered ruins.
Some of the Bullgryns hurried over immediately, the others still beating the long dead corpses until Holk blew on his whistle again - longer and louder. The Ogryns gathered together in a neat line and presented their shields in battle formation before sounding off their numbers for the roll call. Of course it wasn't actual counting, merely excited Ogryns shouting their assigned number but Holk liked to believe that given time perhaps they might realise the number order meant something.
"All 'ere com'sir boss 'olk" The Bone 'ead, Tan, said with a big grin on his face.
"Very good Tan," Holk nodded before shouting once more, "Advance the line! Close with the xenos, destroy the enemies of the Emperor!"

The line advanced once more at an eager pace, the Ogryns chanting the Emperor's name as Holk followed a few steps behind. All in a day's service to the Emperor.

Sergeant Major Alphonse

The Ogryn Alphonse is an intelligent and heroic individual even by Bone 'ead standards. Having saved countless lives with his slabshield he has earned the trust and affection of many - most notably Lord Commander Firionel himself who gifted him a beret in thanks which he wears with extreme pride, regularly telling people the story of how he got it (often more than once... in succession). Though bearing no change to his duties and privileges he has even attained the rank of Sergeant Major in recognition of his service, something else he is keen to recount on many occasions. The list of glories and rewards he has won is long indeed, from gifts of fine clothing (that he doesn't wear), a pet dog (that he ate) to even a lifetime's supply of Lychesian mead (rumoured to be what he swigs from his canister) he would have made a fine life for himself if he cared for anything other than the regiment.

While this is laudable and he is touted as an example for all Ogryns to aspire to (of which they eagerly do) the real story is less heroic. Alphonse received an experimental cranial upgrade at the behest of the Inquisitor Lord himself and it altered his behaviour. His extreme valour is simply a result of the surgery removing his ability to feel any hint of fear or a sense of self preservation. While the device was deemed a failure and has since gone back into development a close eye is kept on Alphonse's career and so far signs are very promising. There is whisper though that perhaps there is something more to him than immediately apparent; a gleam in his eye indicating that he might understand far more than he is letting on...

Thanks scats, you're not alone at the new ranks now msn-wink.gif They're good models, despite the lack of variety in them so are worth adding to your regiment if you have a use for them smile.png Who knows what the future holds for the Sergeant Major? I'll need to paint his squad mates first though tongue.png

I am insistant that normal ogryn can work too hence painting mine.

I'm sure that I can find a use for Bullgryn even if there isn't a clear one now hahaha! Maybe combine them and ogryn in a list together with some conscripts .....

I'm thinking that they can do ok with their grenade launchers, but mostly close with the enemy for some good old fashioned clobbering. The enhanced save is good and they will not only cover the advancing infantry but should also be good at attracting fire :)

Yes Guardsmen - with a week to go the Commissariat starts to get itchy trigger fingers.

We need more completions...

Congratulations on the completion, Lord Commissar! He looks like he could bust heads with the best of them biggrin.png!

In addition to smearing Blood for the Blood God, you can load a good amount of it on your brush and pull your index finger along the brush head to flick it over your model; the shield in this case. Practice on a kitchen towel or something first because I went the wrong way on putting some mud on my Missionary using the same technique happy.png.

Thanks Meh, that's a good idea too I'll remember that for nice time (especially the practising, I'm sure I'd get it wrong first go :P ).

The Blood and Glory medal has been minted and has official approval from Commissar elmo, be sure to complete your vow to get your mitts on one ;)

I'm almost done... no write up, but at least a completed model is a plus for me!

Warrior, I just finished building my Bulls... they are fun models to build! I'm looking forward to painting mine. Plus my 30 (so far) Carapace troops.... 

Haha, yeah now that you mention it. I'd feel sorry for anyone facing Bullgryns charging out of a glider msn-wink.gif He currently stands next to models I completed for last year's ETL and he towers above them, almost as tall as a Chimera! I like the Bullgryns, I will definitely get another box in the future - one will be reserved for Nork of course smile.png

Get that completion in sox, the working week ploughs through days so the deadline will creep up on you! 20:00 GMT on Sunday, make sure you've made your completed image post before then!

Also don't forget the write ups for easy promotions, we're not looking for prose worthy of award so when you have a few minutes spare and nothing better to do get slapping on your keyboard biggrin.png

Another update on the Colonel. Most of the large areas are finished, the power sword and sash being notable exceptions. I think I'll go with a traditional white sash, nice and neutral so it won't clash with any of the other colours. I should have the sword, sash and most of the details finished by tomorrow, then I can work on the base and dirty him up a bit (weathering on the bottom of the coat and boots, a bit of scuffing and scratches on his armour) and he'll be finished. The picture is really dark, but like the previous WIP's I'll worry about getting the lighting right in the pictures of the finished model.

gallery_61651_10473_25137.jpg

He looks fantastic Toxic, the details and layers of the face and clothing is top notch. I agree that a white sash would be perfect, to think he's not even done yet! This will be another excellent completion for us to look forward to :tu:

so I will hopefully have this model ready by the end of next week.

For me real life intervened and threw big hurdles after big huldles at me(one was a medical one). I had to stop everything I was doing and focus on the problems, I tried to catch up today and saw the most impressive pictures and I've read the many amazing stories. Sadly I'm already out of likessad.png. But I get ten fresh one tomorrow, and they have already been earmarkedbiggrin.png

So without further ado have a rushed story and a final picture.

EDIT I give up... I've tried to edit my story many times without getting it to fit into the B&C "window"sad.png furious.gif .

med_gallery_58880_8103_63450.jpg

Story:

The Ghost of Sviar

The world Rima was once a paradise, a friendly population living in a tropical climate filled with exotic food. A world conquered and founded by the White Scars in M31. In M38 the taint came. An Iron Hands fleet was sent there to bring order. They were quickly overrun when millions of now fanatics launched themselves at them. The few remaining Iron Hands fled, as soon as they were safely on board their battle barge they unleashed a series of orbital bombardments. After a scan the picture screens showed no human life signs after that. In present day they have begun rebuilding the world.

Squad Chameleon quietly searched the jungle area as they pushed forward. ‘Did you know that this once was a national park dedicated to Jaghatai Khan’, Sabrina’s voice came through the vox. According to the records, she continued, there is supposed to be a statue of him somewhere near this coordinates. ‘Focus` the squad leader Oliver voxed on the squad channel. The ruins of the Capital North Telje came into view. The workers were in full speed shipping off the debris and secure new walls to the repaired foundation. Squad Chameleon stayed in the shadows at the jungles edge. Sabrina sent the coordinates to Franklin, the driver. Within minutes a rebuild Taurox pulled up, it was rebuilt like a van to blend in with the rest of the cars roaming the newly laid streets, in this district. They jumped in unnoticed.

They steered against district 197. Lucy sat on a small bench listening in on the radio traffic all around, turning dials every now and then to encrypt certain channels. ‘We made planet fall unnoticed and up until now our target is unaware of our presence’ she said. Jarl studied the blueprints and the schematics for the recently arrived equipment they were supposed to use. At district 197 they headed north near a huge dam, where they drove down into a secret garage underneath a closed bakery. Oliver looked at his handpicked crew, ‘we go at dusk’.

A 15 minute’s drive from the bakery was a huge sand coloured building on a tiny island. There was a temporary wooden bridge over the water. The construction of the permanent bridge had not started yet. For three days Lucy had timed the guards shift and their rounds on the bridge on a timetable Jarl entirely relied upon.

Jarl had been in the freezing water for quite some time setting charges. His body began to shake. ‘I miss my armour’ he thought as another wave of cold water washed over his head. He was frozen into the bone. He set the last charge right above the waterline and covered it with mud. Just as he begun to swim to the shore the guard started his round early. Jarl cursed under his breath and grabbed a wooden pole and held still. Gravel from the planks above hit his eyes when he looked up to see where the guard was moving.

He shone his flash light at the water and the surroundings. He moved a little bit further away and suddenly stopped, and pulled out a thermos. You got to be kidding Jarl thought very annoyed. The time was against Jarl because he knows that soon Hypothermia would set in. Suddenly the birds that had been still on the western corner started to scream and fly away, the guard rushes towards the western corner to see what upset the flock. It was now or never when the guard was distracted, Jarl swam fast and made small waves and circles on the water. Before he reached the shore he felt his whole body shivering and his mind became confused to where he was going, the first stage of Hypothermia. Luckily he saw Lucy and managed to swim ashore to the right shore line.

Oliver and Lucy quickly pulled in Jarl in the disguised van. He was given warm beverage and covered with warm blankets. Suddenly there was a short series of knock in a special rhythm on the vans back door, the door opened and Sabrina jumped in. Oliver looked at Jarl, ‘luckily Sabrina though of a way to distract the guard for a brief moment’ he said. Jarl looked at Sabrina and gave her a thankful nod. They stayed on location for an hour and monitored the guard and the vox traffic. The guard didn’t make any report nor did he increase his rounds. He probably thought it was some native animals roaming the outer wall of the western corner said Lucy and switched off the Vox scanner.

Back at the closed bakery the set the charges so that the underground garage would implode by the explosion. ‘You got 10 hours to rest’ said Oliver, and continued ‘the sand coloured house is called Uplunda and the tiny island is called Paradise Island ’. Each year they hold a festival there and a lot of dignities and other people of importance show up and so does our mark. ‘With or near him should be a small box that could easily fit in a clasped fist and here is why’ said Oliver. A picture screen was raised, as the squad watched it became clear what it looked like and its content. When the meeting was over Jarl fell asleep.

‘EVERYBODY WAKE UP’. Olivers voice was hard as flint. ‘You got twelve minutes to eat and go to the lavatory, make good use of that time’.

They travelled the newly laid streets of district 197, and sat surveillance in the northern corner, the place that was closed to the public. The terrace they marked as the best possible entrance lay on the third floor. There were guards on every floor. But before taking themselves to the island they needed to deal with some guards first. Jarl and Sabrina was hunting the two that were patrolling the northern shore. We have two minutes before the patrol boat comes around the western corner. With no time to loose they hurled themselves at the unexpected guards taking them by surprise.

One guard tried to push the distress button but Jarl stabbed his hand with his knife and drove the guards hand away from the radio and simultaneously punching his Adams apple so his screams would be muted. He kicked his kneecap so hard it shattered and pulled his lodged knife free and cut his throat. He looked at Sabrina who had driven her knife deep within the other guard brain, she was still jerking the knife around as she strangled and muted him at the same time. The patrol boat was close. They heard the engines low hum growing stronger.

They quickly put on the guards uniform coats and tossed the corpses into the bushes. To conceal their uniform pants they stood in the high grass and removed their respirator masks, picked up the guards Lasguns and stood and waited for the patrol boat to pass. The boat driver waved at them and Jarl and Sabrina smiled and waved back. As soon as the boat disappeared from view they tossed the coats and Lasguns into the high grass. They pushed their vessel into the water and on their bellies they steered small noiseless propeller raft, and in no time they reached the other side. They heard the festival in the background. ‘This block the small noises we make’ said Sabrina as she masked the rafts.

Oliver and Franklin was in the other end of district 197 creating a diversion for the main force from the proud Imperial Guard regiment Huskans 897 from the world Agsli. The charges was set in the building near a distant guard outpost, the guards had been shoot. Oliver didn’t like the fact that he had to kill loyal soldiers of the Emperor but this mission has precedence, so vital that for the worlds of Sviar that nothing else mattered. He set the timer and he and Franklin speeded away to Paradise Island.

The explosion was so fierce that buildings nearby was torn into pieces, the outpost was completely destroyed and warnings buzzers was screaming loud and the alarm soon reached Huskans 897. Their response was fast and deployment with all the equipment was done with an impressive speed. It would take them less than 20 minutes to reach the outpost. A Valkyrie was also deployed from a nearby airstrip. Shortly after the blast the bakery went up in flames and all evidence of an underground garage vanished.

Jarl started to climb up the wall when the hook on the rope ladder stuck on the terrace, Sabrina was right behind him. Staying close to the terrace wall Jarl peeked in. He saw the Inquisitor speaking with the planetary Governor. He voxed Oliver, ‘our mark is not alone’.’ Who is the other one ‘he voxed back. Jarls answer wasn’t what he wanted to hear, Oliver punched the dashboard in frustration. For a couple of seconds all Jarl could hear was static hiss. Oliver composed himself and pressed the com button, ‘this mission is to important, kill them both’. Oliver felt sad when he released the com button.

The terraces glass doors was closed and if they opened it their mark would most likely hear that. Jarl signalled to Sabrina to go for the closest target and Jarl would take the other one. As Sabrina checked her Hotshot Lasgun Jarl quietly felt the door handle. The doors were locked. He removed his hand from the glass doors, and peered into the room carefully to see if they had noticed his hand.

They hadn’t, they still walked around talking. He nodded to Sabrina. Sabrina kicked in the weak doors so hard that glass shattered and flew everywhere. Jarl and Sabrina rushed in keeping their sight on their target. The closest was the planetary Governor, Sabrina fired her Hotshot Lasgun at close range. The planetary Governors head exploded with a gush of blood and brain substance that coloured the two walls and the entrance door. Jarl saw that the Inquisitor draw a Bolt pistol, he quickly fired a burst of Las shots hitting the Inquisitor.

The Las shots hit the Inquisitor in the chest, legs and arms witch contributed to the Inquisitors aim, his Bolt pistol shot struck Jarl in the left arm. Jarl swung around and hit the Inquisitor with his Hotshot Lasgun butt and put his Hotshot Lasgun muzzle to his forehead and pulled the trigger. Sabrina tore a piece of cloth from the Governors fine tailored shirt and wrapped it around Jarls wound, it needs stitching and you’ll need it quite fast. She put the small box in a bag she had secured to her belt.

The fight hadn’t got unnoticed with all the commotion, a Crusader bashed the entrance door open and swung at Jarl who rolled on the floor. The Power sword hit the wooden floor planks with such a forceful swing that two planks broke into several bits and splinters. Sabrina fired a salvo and the Crusader staggered but kept his balance, he lashed out with his shield and struck Sabrina right on her respirator mask and she fell and slide halfway out to the terrace.

The Crusader turned his attention to Jarl who had pulled himself up, Jarl leapt to the side firing at the Crusader as he made his way to Sabrina. With only one working arm he couldn’t take her with him on the rope ladder, so he stayed and took a final stand against the oncoming Crusader. Suddenly a loud boom was heard and the Crusader had to focus to keep his footing, he paused for a brief moment as long as two blinks of an eye, the Crusader raised his Power sword and charged Jarl fired his Hotshot Lasgun but as the Crusader moved in close Jarl draw his knife.

Another loud boom echoed from the northern corner and the Crusaders head swiftly pulled backwards, he fell dead to the floor. Lucy looked up from her Sniper rifle scoop, ‘is Sabrina awake’ she voxed Jarl. ‘She is coming around’ Jarl replied.’ Good because the small force of the Imperial Guard stationed here are coming’, she said. As Jarl and Sabrina climbed down the ladder, the newly arrived Oliver and Franklin poured plasma shoots at the entrance door and into the oncoming small force of the Huskans 897. They rushed in with their bayonets on their Lasguns. They screamed in agony as their flesh burned. A few took shelter behind the dead corpses and fired wildly into the jungle.

After a Melta shot had hit the Commissar in the head and blown it to pieces, the one remaining guardsman fled down to the second floor. The patrol boat, float ashore with two dead Huskans in it Sabrina set the charges in the rafts. They tossed the two bodies overboard and speed to the other shore. Charges were also set in the boat. As soon as they made it into the van they detonated the charges.

In the van Lucy sedated Jarl and carved out the bullet with a glowing red hot knife. The main force of the Huskans brought their heavy armour over to Paradise Island. On the bridge were two Leman Russes and 100 soldiers marching behind, and another 300 had already surrounded and secured Paradise Island and they were now searching Uplunda thoroughly.

Oliver looked very sad as he took forth the detonator, he didn’t press the bottom, it serves no purpose he said to himself, he looked at Lucy who leaned forward and put her right arm around his neck and with her left she pushed the button.’ You know that we can’t have them chase us when they figured out we are not there’ said Lucy. She paused and looked deep into Olivers eyes’ We all feel sad and further more , I could not work with a person who didn’t feel something when killing loyal soldiers of the Emperor.’

Franklin set the course for district 37, a district that would have to wait three years until they started rebuilding it. ‘The tracking system in this district is it operational’ asked Jarl. Lucy smiled ‘I cut some wires’ she said and continued ‘my reading says they still haven’t located the problem, we are going to leave the planet unnoticed´.

The mood was very low and no one said anything on S.T Olofs light their Claymore class ship. The course had been set to Sviar 1. Oliver walked in with five opened bottles of Olofs brew, a regular and tasty mead from the Wolfs brewery on Sviar 1. He gave everyone a bottle and raised his ‘For the brave fallen Huskans’ he said, ‘may the Emperor shine his light upon them, and they will be in our prayers’. ‘That I can drink to’ Said Jarl. ‘FOR THE BRAVE HUSKANS’ everybody chimed in. Sabrina passed on the small box to Oliver and said ‘The Sviar worlds are saved’. ‘Yes’ Oliver replied ‘it is a scary thought what kind of effect one evil person can have’. On the table was the knife they had taken from their mark, it was ornate with scaly skin.

Sviar worlds:

Sviars history begins in the Great Crusade. The Orks are using a planet now known as Sviar 1 as a jump point to conquer the whole sector. The Sviar worlds was liberated by the Luna Wolves to limit the Ork travels. Horus Lupercal sends the word of its liberation and it was decided that it should be populated. While the first settlers was on their way, the Ork Warboss Longthooth summoned all of his forces with the intent to crush the invaders.

Horus Lupercal had already foreseen this, so he and his Luna Wolves was prepared for the arrival of the Orks. When the Orks made planet fall they were surprised by a swift and effectively executed attack, they all became slaughtered by the Luna Wolves. In the rest of the sector the Luna Wolves only meet sporadic resistance and it didn't take long before the sector was liberated.

After the Heresy two Ork clans declared war against the Sviar planets. The Evil Stompaz and the Edged Spearz under the command of Warboss Sharpeye who was there to recapture the whole sector. At the time there were only a few scattered villages and one Imperial Guard regiment from the Deus Hortus 129:th, who where assigned to train the newly founded PDF. The massacre was inevitably.

The Deus Hortus took a last stand at the outskirts of what is now Birch Island. The Captain Luciana sent a ditress signal and then she ordered the PDF to evacuate the settlers to the high ground. It took two days before an entire regiment was dead. On the third day the Orks had butchered the PDF and started to hunt down the fleeing settlers. In the midst of beheading, a large Space Wolves force led by Olof the Grim made planet fall. The Orks turned their attention to the new deadly threat. The fierce warriors from Fenris lay down a hailstorm of bolter fire whilst the Vindicators kept pounding the Orks. But for each wave the Orks came closer and soon the Marines draw their chainsword and bolt pistols.

While the Space Wolves furiously cut down the Orks, Olof the Grim fought his way to Warboss Sharpeye. He ran towards the Warboss while emptying his bolt pistol,he threw it on the ground and assaulted him with his relic blade Isenskarp. The Warboss finally fell when Isenskarp broke through the rib cage and out through his skull. The few Orks that remained started to flee only to die by bolter fire. Olof the Grim Sent for more settlers, many of them where from Fenris. He made sure a new PDF force was founded, to that there were many volunteers.

Olof the Grim also founded some cities. As a sign of gratitude and honour many citizen gave their children Fenris names and most of the places too. So today there are mainly Fenris names on the Sviar citizens. The stonework erected to the honour of Horus Lupercal were destroyed, but he were never written out of the Sviars history. The Inquisition has chosen not to try to erase it because he declared his victory to the Holy God Emperor, and trying to erase that could be considered heresy.

Olofs Legacy

Olof the Grim has made a huge impact on the Sviar Worlds. Even today almost every Sviar carry a Fenris name, and so do places. The first PDF soldiers wore a uniform that resembled the Space Wolves power armour. Today these colours can be found on every Sviars shoulder armour as a sign of respect and as a honour of Olaf the grim.

In a big underground vault there is a humble altar. On that altar has Olofs relic blade Isenskarp and his two cracked shoulder guards on it. Overt the relic blade hangs a picture depicting Olofs triumph over the Orks. The left wall from the vault door is a work of art depicting the Holy God Emperor in the Great Crusade. This room is forgotten since hundreds of years ago. It does not show up on a blue print. The architect, the Engineer and the few workers took this secret with them to their graves.

This construction was ordered by the Secret priesthood, and only they have the location written somewhere in one of their million archives. There are some clues found in a small file in the Space Wolves older data library. Legend has it that there is a tomb near the right wall the stone lid is depicting Olof the Grim. The legend does not say whether the tomb is empty or not. Only the secret priesthood knows the truth about the legend.

Holidays

"The day of the Wolf" and "the Olofs day" are holidays on all of the Sviars planets. They are celebrated with a big feast to honour their heroes.

Armed Forces

Every Sviar has to do some service to the PDF, after that they can choose to enter the training program for the PDF. It does not matter how skilful you are, if someone have trouble completing the a theoretical or a practical course, the teachers is going to give you some extra attention. Even if it takes a extra year or two, everyone at the end meets the criteria to enter the PDF. There are always helpful teachers, fellow cadets and PDF volunteers.

Once in the PDF, you do a two year basic training and after that you choose a area of expertise followed by hard training. You can choose several areas of expertise. This is followed by an intense and long regular training.

A PDF sergeant is a PDF soldier that has excelled in most of the expertise areas and has showed worthy in other ways too, like manner, helpfulness and to inspire the PDF soldiers to great deeds. The high ranking PDF officers can promote a experienced Sergeant.

When deemed ready you can choose to join the Imperial Guard.

Sviar 1

Sviar 1 is a militarized world. Every city is fortified in some way. The worlds capital Upsala is a huge fortress, the walls is 70 meters tall, and the Planetary Governor has his mansion here. Upsala has the biggest worship temple in the entire sector, erected for the Emperor. It is densely ornate, and the two headed eagle at the top shines bright over the big capital and can be seen from the nearest city Draup Nir. In the centre square there is a big bronze statue of Olaf the Grim. Upsala has its own force ina addition to the PDF. They recruit among the toughest soldiers from the PDF to the defence of the Capital. They serve as a elite unit, and train intensively six days a week.

Upsala also houses a huge industry district. In the centre lies an Adeptus Mechanicus temple ornate with a big cog over the entrance. The big temple houses a regiment of Skitarii. Their orders are to help the PDF defend Upsala. Should the wall fall, then their final stand should be by the temple. The temple has a secretive priesthood, the Inquisition has no more data on them.

In a rebuilt ancient castle in the Administratum district lies a Departmento munitorums Commissariat. The Sviar soldiers only obey Sviars own Commissars. To assign a non-Sviar commissar to a Sviar unit is to send him/her to an early death, as Sviars refuse to obey a Commissar who do not understand their culture, situation, tradition and have respect for their history. In a nearby building lies the Divisio Linguistica. One of their many duties, is to translate a very distorted form of High Gothic to High Gothic.

In the scholar district lies Sviar University, it is the sectors oldest and largest. The big complexes houses many guest teachers from all over the universe. Nearby is Sviars largest hospital, although it isn't Upsalas only hospital, this has the most advanced equipment for the most difficult procedures. On top of the roof you'll find a large aircraft pad. The V-shaped building in the southern part of the district is a research facility.

East of the Industry district lies a mining plant. There is a frequent shuttle traffic with minerals from the inhabited nearby planets and the mining town Rykva that lies far North on Sviar 1. On Svair 1 the mining industry is very big and the quality on the finished products is excellent. Therefore Upasla has a Forge World. It produces all the equipment for the Sviars Imperial Guard and for the PDF.

Half of the World is covered with forests to provide air for the population. If a new city is to be built the engineers must calculate how many if any trees should be cut down to make room for a new city. Right now there is room for at least ten more cities without having a shortness of air.

Sviar 2

Sviar 2 is an agriculture world. It produces and supplies food for the whole Sviar and the rest of the sector. There is a lot of water on Sviar 2 and the soil is still in perfect condition. Kettle is mainly breed for fertilizer, but can be slain for festivities. On Sviar 2 there are only a few farm villages, most of the surface is covered in cereal fields. Some farmers are stationed here permanently, while some work for a month and after that take the shuttle to Sviar 1 for a month leave and return to work the following month.

The shuttle base on Sviar 2 is a fortified station, from some angels it resembling a fortress. The station provide the farmers with supplies like pesticides and work related equipment. The shuttles also leaves with crops barley and other key food ingredients to different locations. The shuttle station is manned by 200 PDF guards,they do all the chores. They too, like some farmers work in a monthly shift.

The farmers use huge harvesting vessels. Every day the work from morning to evening due to the vast area they have to cover each day. Once a year they organize the farm day. It is held near the shuttle station and in mid shift so everyone can participate. It contains the traditionally race with harvesting vessels, a market, freshly grilled kettles and more home brew alcohol than they can drink. There is also a competition which farm village that has the best brew. It is in mid shift near the station so the PDF guards can intervene if things get out of control.

There is a big closed area that contain forest and fern like plants that produces rich oxygen for the fields and for the population. All other fauna has been wiped out to make room for the cereal fields.

Sviar 3

Sviar 3 is a moon that orbits around the Sviar 1. Sviar 3 is covered with a dense jungle, swamps and variety of plants, some of them is very toxic. In these jungles lives many small tribes. The two biggest ones is called Vodurs and Ulfurs. Every year they meet at the tree of Aquila, which is two trees that has grown together in a way that it resembles the two headed eagle. The tribesmen and tribeswomen believe that this is a sign from the Holy God- Emperor. Beneath that tree they fight to win a place in the PDF. As service for the Holy God-Emperor is the highest honour they can receive. Most of them is skilled survivalists and often qualify for Imperial Guard duty, so they are the only force that will be sent to death world assignment.

Sviar 3 is a defence moon. Runways for the Naval Fleet runs beneath the surface. There are kilometres of runways for a lightning attack on any oncoming threat. Scattered along Sviar3 is hidden long range defence missiles.

Archived