Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If the Scars had gone Traitor...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,373 posts

which Chaos god would they worship? Would they worship a single god? Would they be more Chaos Undivided or even more Chaos-rejecting like the Black Legion or certain elements of the Night Lords?

KhorneFlakes

KhorneFlakes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts

Khorne jumps out and gets me. Being based on the Mongol tribes who were very bloodthirsty it would make sense. Interesting point with the rejection of chaos though... I don't know enough about the legion.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,996 posts

This topic seems to be aimed more towards 40k CSM than 30k Traitors

I could imagine them going Undivided or Tzeentchian had they gone Traitor

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,819 posts
Undivided most likely...but as they resent a true authority other than one that can kick their butt, I'd like to think they'd see Chaos as just another Tyrant.
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Mazryonh

Mazryonh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts

Khorne, most likely.  After all, isn't Doombreed (the first Daemon Prince to be raised from a human) actually an ascended Genghis Khan, the White Scar's spiritual ancestor? 

Slaanesh might be another candidate, since the Emperor's Children like Fast Attack as well, just in different ways, but less likely.

Edited by Mazryonh, 25 February 2015 - 05:24 AM.

ThatOneMarshal

ThatOneMarshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,236 posts
Maybe slaanesh. They live life in the fast lane also pleasure in bikes. Most likely undivided or khorne though. Also wouldn't this make more since in the scars board or chaos board? 30k scars couldn't be too different than 40k scars right?

Edited by ThatOneMarshal, 25 February 2015 - 05:25 AM.

Terran_zps971683eb.pngETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpg  

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,373 posts

Maybe slaanesh. They live life in the fast lane also pleasure in bikes. Most likely undivided or khorne though. Also wouldn't this make more since in the scars board or chaos board? 30k scars couldn't be too different than 40k scars right?

I know that's how they align in the Dornian Heresy...but it doesn't strike me as that convincing. 

Yes, in Xanadu, Kublai Khan has a stately "pleasure dome" and all that jazz...but the Scars don't seem to be particularly hedonistic. 

I suppose you could say speed and wild, fast combat gives them great pleasure. That would be an interesting angle to explore. 

Athrawes

Athrawes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts

Obviously the answer is Malal. The Chaos god of Anarchy, he is also known as the Outcast God and if that doesn't just fit the Scars neatly I don't know what does.

J5pGXDL.gifDox9Zn3.jpgcKjP2HP.jpg

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts

Need for Speed among the White Scars could be a reason to fall to Slaanesh.  After all, that's how Daemon Prince Doomrider came about.

tgjensen

tgjensen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Oh heck, I'll say Nurgle just because I think that would be really cool. Nobody says you have to turn into a bloated, sluggish Plague Marine, but a mechanized, wild riding plague host would be a sight to behold.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,789 posts
Athrawes beat me to it. I second Malal

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Emperor's Furor

Emperor's Furor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,972 posts

In the Scars the aspiring Stormseers have to refuse the chaos gods when they ascend a mountain. They get presented with a chalice and can take a sip to be respectful but have to give it back, been a while since I read it though as I did the weekly episodes of it. I figure their mystic nature may open them up to Tzeentch more.

Edited by WoT, 25 February 2015 - 02:19 PM.

L_T_Banner_V2.jpggallery_48988_6285_17537.png

no I'm alpharius

no I'm alpharius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts

In the alternative Primarchs thread, I had a brief story of them being like a horde of leather clad Hells Angels.

That'd be the imagery I'd expect from Nurglite Scars, rusting hulks of bikes and trikes, a hint of Mad Max 2, leather and oil and dirt grime. Not speed, per se, but the constant march of our forces over you. 

With the Central Asian source material, there's a whole thread of sneaky attack Scars that plan and plot and twist and scheme you could put together. 

'Realistically', its Khorne and then Slaanesh. 

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,819 posts
Now that Athrawes mentions it, Malal makes a good choice.

But don't mention the war...
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

tdemayo

tdemayo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 644 posts
My vote is for Undivided. Khan is pretty skeptical about authority figures in general; I can't see his legion devoting themselves to any one power. I van, however, easily see them as reaviers fighting for spoils and the challenge of it.

Plus.... each Chaos God got dibs on one legion. If any of them got two, it would probably make the others dangerously jealous.

gallery_48988_15465_5954.png

hopkins

hopkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 913 posts

Scars touches on this when Khan has a conversation with

Spoiler

Edited by hopkins, 25 February 2015 - 07:47 PM.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts

IF the scars had gone traitor? Let me remind you that parts of the White Scars did go traitor during Scars.

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Aspiringchaoschampion

Aspiringchaoschampion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 1,303 posts
Theyd falll to the chaos god of ponys
Only through accepting Nurgleth into our hearts can we achieve our full potential
ETL 2015 Banner 01 Oath Of Moment

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,251 posts

121499_-_animated_Discord_just_as_planne

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Aspiringchaoschampion

Aspiringchaoschampion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 1,303 posts

121499_-_animated_Discord_just_as_planne

LOL
Only through accepting Nurgleth into our hearts can we achieve our full potential
ETL 2015 Banner 01 Oath Of Moment

Strazhakov

Strazhakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts

Khorne or Slaanesh would be the obvious choices. Malal doesn't exist much to my lament.

In my headcanon the loyalists would have chosen the following Gods:

Ultramarines - Undivided

Imperial Fists - Nurgle

Dark Angels - Tzeentch

Blood Angels - Khorne or Slaanesh

Space Wolves - Khorne

Iron Hands - Undivided or Nurgle

Raven Guard - Tzeentch

White Scars - Slaanesh or Khorne

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,364 posts

IF the scars had gone traitor? Let me remind you that parts of the White Scars did go traitor during Scars.

Although, their general 'morality' suggests at least to me that they wouldn't necessarily subscribe to just a single God or doctrine. I think they're one of the most complex, and interesting Chapters for this reason.

bdbspeeddemon.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

Ashur

Ashur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

Slaanesh. But not in a sexual way. More like count Zaroff from "The most dangerous game". Taking pleasure out of the thrill of hunting every living bieng and treating humans like game.

"What is now proved was once only ever imagined, but only a fool relies on faith. Trust in facts and empirical evidence. Do not be swayed by passion or rhetoric without proof and substance. As long as we are free to ask what we must, free to say what we think and free to think what we will, science can never regress. It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to."
- Mechanicum -

My White Scars Succesor Chapter:

THE HEADSMAN GUARD : http://www.bolterand...id-brotherhood/

Noctem Cultor

Noctem Cultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts

Slaanesh to become a Legion of Doomriders!

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,712 posts

That was basically the Dornian Heresy theme. Including a Huntmaster that existed Luscius-style, possessing those who bested him.

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png