If the Scars had gone Traitor...

b1soul

Khorne, most likely.  After all, isn't Doombreed (the first Daemon Prince to be raised from a human) actually an ascended Genghis Khan, the White Scar's spiritual ancestor? 

Slaanesh might be another candidate, since the Emperor's Children like Fast Attack as well, just in different ways, but less likely.

Maybe slaanesh. They live life in the fast lane also pleasure in bikes. Most likely undivided or khorne though. Also wouldn't this make more since in the scars board or chaos board? 30k scars couldn't be too different than 40k scars right?

I know that's how they align in the Dornian Heresy...but it doesn't strike me as that convincing. 

Yes, in Xanadu, Kublai Khan has a stately "pleasure dome" and all that jazz...but the Scars don't seem to be particularly hedonistic. 

I suppose you could say speed and wild, fast combat gives them great pleasure. That would be an interesting angle to explore. 

In the Scars the aspiring Stormseers have to refuse the chaos gods when they ascend a mountain. They get presented with a chalice and can take a sip to be respectful but have to give it back, been a while since I read it though as I did the weekly episodes of it. I figure their mystic nature may open them up to Tzeentch more.

In the alternative Primarchs thread, I had a brief story of them being like a horde of leather clad Hells Angels.

That'd be the imagery I'd expect from Nurglite Scars, rusting hulks of bikes and trikes, a hint of Mad Max 2, leather and oil and dirt grime. Not speed, per se, but the constant march of our forces over you. 

With the Central Asian source material, there's a whole thread of sneaky attack Scars that plan and plot and twist and scheme you could put together. 

'Realistically', its Khorne and then Slaanesh. 

My vote is for Undivided. Khan is pretty skeptical about authority figures in general; I can't see his legion devoting themselves to any one power. I van, however, easily see them as reaviers fighting for spoils and the challenge of it.

Plus.... each Chaos God got dibs on one legion. If any of them got two, it would probably make the others dangerously jealous.

Scars touches on this when Khan has a conversation with

Magnus on Prospero, but can you trust Magnus as a narrator?

Magnus laughed. ‘You don’t want to know? That’s always been your weakness. I know it all, now. I could tell you the Emperor’s name, and it would surprise you. I could tell you that the fates decreed Fulgrim to be sent to Chogoris and you to Chemos, and I could tell you which arcane force in the universe prevented it.’ He took a step, then another, towards the Khan. ‘Do you wish to know where you will die, Khagan? Do you wish to know on what world, and in which dimension, your soul will find its ending?’

Khorne or Slaanesh would be the obvious choices. Malal doesn't exist much to my lament.

In my headcanon the loyalists would have chosen the following Gods:

Ultramarines - Undivided

Imperial Fists - Nurgle

Dark Angels - Tzeentch

Blood Angels - Khorne or Slaanesh

Space Wolves - Khorne

Iron Hands - Undivided or Nurgle

Raven Guard - Tzeentch

White Scars - Slaanesh or Khorne

IF the scars had gone traitor? Let me remind you that parts of the White Scars did go traitor during Scars.

Although, their general 'morality' suggests at least to me that they wouldn't necessarily subscribe to just a single God or doctrine. I think they're one of the most complex, and interesting Chapters for this reason.

Archived