++Daemon Forge II - Champion++

gallery_29004_10383_45044.jpg

Welcome to - Daemon Forge -

- Daemon Forge - is aimed as a hobby challenge. Each month will see a set theme for Chaos. This will range from a set unit type, single models, object marker & set themes. The aim is pretty simple. It's all about seeing cool models for Chaos & please if you have any suggestion feel free to post those ideas.

For the second - Daemon Forge - hobby challenge topic, we will be starting off with - Chaos Champion - , the single platic spure model & from the post I've seen on the last - Daemon Forge - this will last for one month - March. This is just allow people time to buy, build & paint. To take part, you can ether post up a this Champion model you've already got in your Chaos force, or now it the time to add him into your Chaos army, or just get a cool one off model.

Please note - You are free to convert the single spure Champion model as a Lord, Sorcerer, Warpsmith, Kh Edited by Insane Psychopath

Oh man... I am so tempted by this.... could it be a Warp Talon champion? Something like that? Or a flat out space marine chaos champion? 

I have the Vrash model and I've wanted to add him to my Crimson Slaughter for a long time, but I find the model quite intimidating to paint. 

Great challenge. Kudos for running it!

Basically it's the Plastic Champion as a starting point. But if you want to convert it in any way (head swaps, weapons, removal and resculpt of parts) that's all good :tu:

How easy is it to change the head? Got an idea in mind.

Would need work with clippers and a knife to clean up the residue left behind, more difficult to retrieve it intact due to the collar.

Sounds like a challenge ;)

Prot - For this Daemon Force it is the single spure Champion, as seen in the photo in the first post.  But you can happily convert this model to be a Raptor Champion for exsample :D  Or a Lord or a Sorcerer.

Aim just to see what cool stuff people can come up with this model :D

Forte - Yes it easy to remove the head from the model.  I done it for my Iron Warrior champion I posted in the original post, I use the T face Khorne Berserker helmet.  It might be the neck guard that the back you'll need to replace with one from any Marine power armour body.  Just bit of green stuff.

As a thought in passing, what do people think about the idea of trying to make a Warpsmith out of the Champion model? I originally ordered a Fabius Bile packpack with a view to making a Dark Apostle from a Sanguinary Priest but given I'm not happy with my entry here, maybe this is a way to use the part

As a thought in passing, what do people think about the idea of trying to make a Warpsmith out of the Champion model? I originally ordered a Fabius Bile packpack with a view to making a Dark Apostle from a Sanguinary Priest but given I'm not happy with my entry here, maybe this is a way to use the part

You should go forward with this conversion.

It shown one of the reason for me picking the single spure champion.  I want to see all the cool work & memeber take on the single spure Champion.  From standard build or all out conversion & painting.  From one off model, to adding it to current army

Useing him as a Champion, Warpsmith, Sorcerer, Lord, Raptor Champion or possible Khârn conversion.  It like the Nurgle Lord for Warhammer, how many time has this model been use from =][= retuine (sp) to a Ork to a Daemon Herald :D

I can get this one done... if I can't well... may the Gods have their way with my soul.  Seriously, I have already converted my Champ (he leads my Chosen squad) and he's already primed.  I need to dig out the paints, set up the palette and GO.  

I can get this one done... if I can't well... may the Gods have their way with my soul.

Any prefered God? Things get o bit tricky when they all get involved.

Nope. 

Not much of a conversion, just slapped a jump pack on him and a Vampire Counts shield.

~Sergeant Tzall of Third Claw~

I really like this one.  I basically love anything with a Jump pack.   I have 3 squads of raptors that I will bring out occasionally because I just love them so!

-Brett