Here's what I have so far

So I've got a librarian to lead the army and 5 paladins with 4 halberds, apothecary, 1 TH, a psicannon and a Psilencer. I also have a dreadknight which I'm gonna give the sword of awesomeness and I'm not sure which of the Psi guns he's getting.

I'm thinking of going for a mainly termie army, not really attracted to anything else except perhaps purifiers. That being said, any tips for how to continue this early days list?

Gonna have to run those pallies as terminators to fill your troop slot right now. could always use another dreadknight. To meet the minimum troop choice in the strike force detachment I'll often use a strike squad with incinerator if I don't have the points to bring terminators. it gives ya a deep strike suicide flame threat.

Then use them. Play what you like first, and optimize from there. Keep in mind though, that unless you're playing unbound, you're still going to need a troop selection (as thraxdown pointed out).

Hey man. I've only been playing a little over a year but there I have some experience that I hope helps.

Personal teleporters on Dreadknights is great. Ups him a 12" move and a 30" shunt for late game objective or rear armour shenanigans. I've found them to be more effective when I rUn 2 for real board presence (watch all the shooting a aimed at them for a turn while you other units just skip around unimpeded!). Heavy psycannon is an auto include, incinerator is a great all rounder, but the gatpsi can be amazing at taking down multi wound high toughness with ranged force, so it's worth considering of your gonna be facing riptides or MCs

Paladin are great, but i've found them easy to bloat with extras. Bringing draigo with them seems to be the best use if not only to give them GOI and a stormshield.

With the amount of Strength 8 about, it's sometimes a good idea to have termies instead or as well.

Purifiers is all about the 2 warp charge and cleansing flame. I love running 10 in a rhino combat squadded with Inc's and sometimes psycannons if you have the points.

Also, interceptors are freaking amazing! Not the most survivable unit, but that shunt can really help flush out those subborn psykers hiding in cover or again for late objective taking. I'm struggling to build a list now that doesn't include at least on unit.

Just my experience. Hope it helps.

Archived