Blood Angels Assault Questions

kardrellik

I'm constantly tweeking my army,

Just curious what other people do with their assault squads and Death Company.  Run them in with JP or in Rhinos?

My main issue is getting units in fast enough into assault with minimal losses.  I'm supporting my squads with devestator squads and/or predator.

All feedback is appreciated!!

I put mine in rhino's or Razors - they are usually on the other side of the board when the transports are opened by enemy fire but then I run 7 so I guess it's saturation that saves them - I like to corral, tank shock and burn

I put mine in rhino's or Razors - they are usually on the other side of the board when the transports are opened by enemy fire but then I run 7 so I guess it's saturation that saves them - I like to corral, tank shock and burn

Just pointing out that the DC cannot charge in their turn if their transport is destroyed, if you didn't already know.

The only destroyed transports you can assault from are assault vehicles.

So if you shoot over T1, your opponent destroys their rhino, you are not allowed to charge T2, and must wait until T3.

I don't understand. I rush my rhino on turn one, my opponent destroys it in his turn one, I immediately disembark my marines in his turn one, and I am now unable to assault in my turn 2? I've already been forced to disembark from the previous turn and will move as normal in turn 2. What am I not seeing?

I don't understand. I rush my rhino on turn one, my opponent destroys it in his turn one, I immediately disembark my marines in his turn one, and I am now unable to assault in my turn 2? I've already been forced to disembark from the previous turn and will move as normal in turn 2. What am I not seeing?

the rulebook references full turn and not player turns. So if they were forced to disembark in turn 1 irregardless of which player turn then you can only charge on turn 3

the rulebook references full turn and not player turns. So if they were forced to disembark in turn 1 irregardless of which player turn then you can only charge on turn 3

Not quite, as a BA going first having his rhino destroyed in their opponents T1, is not allowed to charge in their T2 (Game turn 2).

Look at the section on transports, surprisingly enough: Disembarkation Restrictions:

"If a unit disembarks from a destroyed vehicle in their opponents turn, then they may not charge in the assault phase of it's own turn unless the vehicle has the assault vehicle special rule"

It's been that way since 2012 smile.png

Not quite, as a BA going first having his rhino destroyed in their opponents T1, is not allowed to charge in their T2 (Game turn 2).

Look at the section on transports, surprisingly enough: Disembarkation Restrictions:

"If a unit disembarks from a destroyed vehicle in their opponents turn, then they may not charge in the assault phase of it's own turn unless the vehicle has the assault vehicle special rule"

It's been that way since 2012 smile.png

so...im confused

You thinking it was due to game turn/player turn interaction was incorrect.

It's a flat out rule stated in the book that a unit disembarking from a destroyed transport in the opponents turn cannot charge in their next assault phase.

I use my Death Company with Jump Packs as my main assault unit. I tend to use assault squads as special weapon caddies. A 5 man squad can take 2 special weapons plus a combi weapon or dual pistols on the sergeant. Then give them either jump packs, Rhinos or Pods as you wish. I prefer pods for the guaranteed Turn 1 alpha-strike.

They are there to shoot a dangerous target so it does not matter too much that they cannot assault. On the next turn, if my opponent tries to wipe them out, that means he is ignoring the Death Company and Sanguinary Guard hurtling up the field. If he ignores the assault squads, they still have enough punch to move on and threaten other targets.

As others have said, target saturation is the key. I have seen a couple of lists with people running 2-3 fairly small squads of Death Company with no characters and just 1 fist. This looks quite effective and might be worth playing around with.

Lots of targets - something has got to get through running 7 in 1750 I find guys go for my DEVS las plas razor 1st giving the HF and AC ones less attention and even less on rhino's

Gabriel Seth

- Command Squad

[bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Storm shield]

[Chainsword, Plasma Pistol] x2

Razorback [Twin Linked Assault Cannon]

Librarian [bolt Pistol, Force Axe, Melta bombs]

Warlord

Vanguard Veteran Squad [bolt Pistol, 2x Chainsword, 2x Lightning Claw, 2x Plasma Pistol, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer,

Razorback [Twin Linked heavy flamer]

Death company x6 [1x power weapon]

Razorback [Twin Linked Assault Cannon]

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer] Rhino

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer] Rhino

Assault Squad [2x Meltagun] Rhino

Devastator Squad [2x las 2x ML flakk]

Razorback [Lascannon & Twin Linked Plasma Gun]

I only play for a bit of fun, not at all competitive but think it's fairly balanced

Archived