Ainar Adalson's "Sesc" Company (some large pics)

mercbat

Combi-"everything" - my vision:

As combi weapons are one-shot, I've thought that such tiny amount of ammo could be entirely hidden within standard storm-bolter case, and this assumption highlighted me a "right" answer for converting.

Some cutted plasmapistols:

Two 2x1magnets. One glued on half of the depth in "plasma-head" an another would fit the 3mm depth hole in the storm-bolter to make a more reliable part connection. Melta barrels would be made the same way as I get them in right quantity.

gallery_81331_10588_3716.jpg

Final view. They are both the same, so left is displaying plasma-part of combi, and right shows similar bolter from another side.

New bolter barrels were made from some rounded sprue I've found in bitz.

gallery_81331_10588_30849.jpg

My phone "ate" all photos between 1st and final, so I cant show intermediate states, to my regret.

• 4 months later...

Fantastic work.

Love how the dark grey contrasts with your blue power weapons. If i didnt alreayd have 2000+ points of guys painted up in a different scheme..i would totally be stealing that haha

Very nice work. I actually had a question. Do you base all of your models with snow? I noticed the orks had it as well or was wondering if that was thrown on to blend it in. Also how did you do make your board? What did you use for your snow effect more specifically? It looks like baking soda.

@Fytharin No, I base with snow only my wolves. And it's not board for my sadness, even not a display. It's a couple terrain elements and trees over the olive fabrics an under great amount of soda exactly thrown over to make a more realistic background. My table is on the very beginning. On the "concept" stage =)

On the wolven bases it soda too over tiny layer of PVA with 1/10 of white paint. I think I need to spray it with some matt-coat for durability, but haven't managed yet.

Edited by mercbat

I could see the table cloth in the background and kinda guessed that was the case….I was hoping it was more permanent because it really does look great. Very nice photography/staging work. I agree, the terrain really does lend itself to the models well. Looking forward to seeing more!

Yep I agree with everything so far, your painting skills are phenomenal.

I especially love the freehand work for the company symbol & the runes, the blue weapons go really nicely with the grey too. And the scorched effect on the flamer is really nice.

Stunning work.

• 5 months later...

After some hard work and more hard holidays I've get back to my company.

Suddenly I realize that old company symbol is annoying me, and I want to do something "heresy-era-style"

So now I need an advice - leave the old mark or repaint all minis (25-35 maybe, not so many)

Old mark :

gallery_81331_10588_198354.jpg

The new one:

gallery_81331_10588_128841.jpg

The new one gives you more eye catching colour on the minis. And it is more feral looking. But I love non wolfie wolf of the previous scheme. If you have more runes like that, on the armour of your troops I would choose the red wolf as a company symbol.

@Jegind  Sorry, mate, but what's "WTB" in this context? My English-knowledge not so deep, and I know it's as a "Want to buy" only =)

If it's really that meaning, then - "No, thanks"

Edited by mercbat