Ainar Adalson's "Sesc" Company (some large pics)

mercbat

@Jegind Black undercoat, Mechanicus Standard Grey, Devlan Mud wash, then restore MSG, highlight with Codex Grey (Dawstone in nowadays).
On the lower pic we can see (if use some magnifiers :smile.: ) little scratches done with 1:2 Chaos Black:MSG mix and pure Mithril Silver over it. Maybe some more photos tomorrow, as I've succeded to "scratch" a whole squad today.

Finally I've learnt a battle-damage technique that suits me =) I don't like a lot of weathering (rust, dirt,  etc) as big part of fluff says that marines are keeping their armour in a good conditions.

Edited by mercbat

@Jegind Black undercoat, Mechanicus Standard Grey, Devlan Mud wash, then restore MSG, highlight with Codex Grey (Dawstone in nowadays).

On the lower pic we can see (if use some magnifiers :) ) little scratches done with 1:2 Chaos Black:MSG mix and pure Mithril Silver over it. Maybe some more photos tomorrow, as I've succeded to "scratch" a whole squad today.

Finally I've learnt a battle-damage technique that suits me =) I don't like a lot of weathering (rust, dirt,  etc) as big part of fluff says that marines are keeping their armour in a good conditions.

Hello mercbat,

I am interested in you recipe as well. It looks great! But what is "restore MSG"?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

@MosesGunn Thanks!

@SW1 You are welcome! I've aquired so much inspiration from the Fang that it's a honor to return some of it. :)

Keep in mind that my scheme is closer to "pro" photos on the first and second pages of this thread, last photos are "mobile" and a little bit darker than they really are.

• 4 weeks later...

Plastic dread from the BaC box.

Finally It's finished! Five times in a row I've tried to make hip joints till getting some satisfaction.

gallery_81331_10545_69303.jpg

Unimaginable thanks to @Argyle for his "Fur and cloak" tutorial.

And from now - I would prepare for my ETL vows only.

Edited by mercbat

• 1 year later...

Fenrisian valkirya, slightly more than a year old, and a new job leaves very little time for hobby, but I'm softly moving towards a HH army.

So this is my first 10 Grey Slayers. Just half of the pack.

Squad pic

gallery_81331_12757_6963.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_10755.jpg

Combat Shield guys portraits

gallery_81331_12757_53550.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_47916.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_60228.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_31354.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_49403.jpg

• 5 months later...
Oh, I haven't looked at that angle yet. For now it's just my new jarl/company badge. :) I don't like decals, do like knotwork and this is the best I can repeat on miniatures without feeling myself "all-thumb'ed".

• 2 months later...

After seeing FW preview I've felt an urgent need to build Varagyr pack myself.

Keeping in mind Inferno Varagyr pic and fact that my HH Vlka is seriosly less adorned than 40K, I've started:

med_gallery_81331_12757_17204.jpg

Pic clickable.

Still thinking if need some more runes, teeth or talon talismans, or try represent everything else with paintjob.

C&C are welcome as I open to any idea even if I wouldn't use it right now. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

My last paintjob in this year. Varagyr pack assigned to Sesc Great Company.

Thegn

gallery_81331_12757_78848.jpg

His brothers

gallery_81331_12757_33391.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_64754.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_17568.jpg

gallery_81331_12757_38302.jpg

Whole pack ready to hunt

gallery_81331_12757_70957.jpg

After long thoughts I've decided to represent all frost weapons as they were made from fenrisian kraken-bone rather than "energized diamond" so some serious repaint in army awaits me ;)