Ainar Adalson's "Sesc" Company (some large pics)

mercbat

May be second five Varagyr would have combies and Reaper AC\H.flamer just for diversification, but on the first - rule of cool prevail :)

Really sorry that stormshields are available only to IF in HH,

• 3 months later...

Unknown centurion of the VIth Legion of Astartes, self-named Vlka Fenryka. Due to colors on his left pauldron and knotwork on his shield we can assume him being from the ranks of Sixth Great Company.

centurion1

centurion2

centurion3

centurion4

Congrat me brothers, after some years, I've found at last an integrated button to post images from gallery! :facepalm:

You’ve got some really nice stuff on this thread. I particularly like the Space Wolf diorama in the snow getting attacked by squigs.

This Centaurian is cool. The best bit for me is although the axe looks primitive you’ve still got the little detail showing it’s a power axe. Which is a nice touch.

Thanks, feedback is always motivating, especially if it's positive :smile.:

You’ve got some really nice stuff on this thread. I particularly like the Space Wolf diorama in the snow getting attacked by squigs.

Sadly it's not a diorama, I don't own spaces that would allow me to keep it in this way. But it was a very funny photo session. Four kilograms of soda were thrown over the table during all scenes handling. Three or four unforgetable night hours of building,photoshooting and beer.

This Centaurian is cool. The best bit for me is although the axe looks primitive you’ve still got the little detail showing it’s a power axe. Which is a nice touch.

Some time ago I found that I'm tired of my classic 40K bright-energy-blue look, so this would be my choice for frost weapons. Simple wood and kraken-bone, precisely hardened and crafted by Iron Priests of course, with  the brand-new power sources directly from martian forges :wink:

Edited by mercbat

• 1 month later...

Some photos as result of my experimnets with new camera and light setup on my workdesk.

At first redo of my ETL vow pics.

Rune priest \ Caster of Runes

resized CoR 1

resized CoR 2

Wolf Priest \ Speaker of the Dead (GFB instead of Crosius is on the way)

resized SoD 1

resized SoD 2

resized SoD 3

resized SoD 4

Blood Claws \ Grey Slayers (Cheap variant for scoring)

resized MKIV GS 2

resized MKIV GS 1

Grey Hunters \ Grey Slayers \ Legion Veterans - addition for squad I've already posted

resized MKIII GS 1

Varagyr \ "Rule of cool" 'ed WGTDA

resized Varagyr 0

All pics are clickable, c&c are always welcome.

After completing some other paint goals I'm going to test some sponge weathering and extend it on the whole force If i'd find result acceptable.

Edit reason: Some misspelling

Edited by mercbat

Lots of patience and Lhamian medium, only things I can offer to work with blue glow. :)

Old metal mini that can be cleaned of paint many times in a row helps too.

The models look great, but you should photograph them under brighter lights and against a background with contrasting colors, e.g., use a light-colored background when photographing dark-colored models- otherwise your great models will look like featureless blobs.

I’m liking these guys. You’ve got a unique style going on. It’s making me think they are in a musty old castle. This seems to suit the Viking style and wooden weapons. The furs and dust on the feet help with this feeling.

Great stuff!

Ps great use of clickable larger images I haven’t seen that before.

@Bjorn Firewalker Yeah, a bit darker than I'd like, but I've already got a try with white background, as you can see in ETL thread. Results are not impressing. And it was real pain to get those pics. But I see wisdom in your words and maybe I'll return to them when I got tripod.

@Krakendoomcool Thanks! About pics - if you upload them to B&C gallery, they can be easily brought to post with "My media" button in the edit panel. Great if it would help :)

• 6 months later...

So, I've accidentally got an hour and managed to get pics of the Venerable Ancients of the Sesc, Odani and Olave

First Is Olave "End of the Unborn". Wyrd-protecting knotwork decorates his shoulders, as true warrior doesn't throw away any help in fight with warp-born scum,

Olave 01 BnC

Olave 02 BnC

Olave 03 BnC

Olave 04 BnC

Second is Odani, long-hand of the Great Company. He was almost promoted to the ranks of Long Fangs, as annoying accident with passing-by Waagh of unknown warboss happened, and it was demonstrated by Iron Priests in the form of his chassis equipment.

Odani 01 BnC

Odani 02 BnC

Odani 03 BnC

Odani 04 BnC

Pics are clickable. C&C is welcomed as always.

P.S. I honestly promise my brothers and sisters in the Aett to get a photo-practice on Christmas\New Year vacations. :wink:

Are the arms magnetized? I’m curious how you approached it, with the positioning and everything.

Shield dread is magnetized, and Odani's hands are fixed (metal pins through 6mm airsoft plastic bullet)

Positioning was rather simple, my english not good to explain, I'd better show :smile.:

gallery_81331_10588_3037.png

Ranged weapon arm was treated similar, but magnets were glued to weapons (had to trim weapons backside a little), not the arm.

Shield-arm is as simple as possible: 1 magnet on the top of big pin from wrist, and one accurately glued in the hole on the shield-hand\claw frame.

Edit reason: comment after scheme

Edited by mercbat

So, little how-to.

DIsclaimer: for those who'd think it's hard and long way - it took me much longer to write it than apply :wink:

1) Cover base with thin layer of PVA, then with river sand (not the finest, but rather small)

2) After drying - add PVA and sand where you want to form some relief

3) Mix A.MIG-3012 (Sand) and A.MIG-3011 (Airfield dust), approximately 3:5.

Just FYI - "Airfield dust" is 99.9% matching the GW's "Agrellan Earth" texture paint color.

4) Depending on the amount of mixed pigments - add airbrush thinner + water, thinner:water 3:1

For me, mix must be slightly more liquid than PVA, but it depends on your comfort time of drying (more thinner - faster drying)

I have Vallejio Thinner (71.361), you can use what you have acces for, don't think it's critical

5) Cover all the base with the mix, let it dry.

6) While mix is drying on your palette and base - take suitable drybrush, and, with VERY SMALL amount of it, drybrush surfaces of miniature you want to be dirty.

In my case it looks like thick layer of very fine dust (anyway, I wanted it to look so).

WARNING: Let the mix fully dry between layers and remove execces after each, if you want dusty look, otherwise it would form lumps of dirt.

7) After drying remove excess with clean hard brush.

8) Add some thinner to palette to make mix really liquid and with 0\1 brush apply drops to the recesses where you think  sand\dirt can stop.

Hope it'd help somebody to skip "experimental" step in case of time-lacking :smile.:

Edit reason: misspelling, forgotten tips.

Edited by mercbat

• 9 months later...

This year wasn't as productive as previous ones, but step-by-step my GC becomes stronger in numbers, and my skills improving. Also I"m finally took a course of photography from my talented friend and bought some equipment.

Aegil "Wyrdweaver" Caster of Runes\Rune priest

IMG 1439

IMG 1440

IMG 1442

Two Speakers of Dead initiates in MKIII and MKIV armour to match Grey Slayers pack they attached at

IMG 1451 1

IMG 1466

IMG 1467

IMG 1468

IMG 1469

IMG 1470

And finally proper pics of my Tartaros WGTDA pack - "Eyðileggjandi Vonar"\"Destroyers of hope"

IMG 1474

IMG 1477

IMG 1480

IMG 1483

IMG 1486

Fenris hjolda!