Ainar Adalson's "Sesc" Company (some large pics)

mercbat

Thanks, brothers. It's results of inspiration I get here.

@PeteySödes Final project of the year is custom count-as Geigor, far less 'McWolfy' than original. 

I completely ran out of unpainted minis (never thought I'd do), except some custodes remains from BoP box I'm not interested in, and will take a brake for planning and saving some money for future Great Company enhancements.

Not familiar with, but I’ll take it as a compliment ;)

I think that with last miniatures I’ve caught the thing that caused some frustration most the time ofl my hobby life. Almost no miniatures represent speed and smoothness of space marine’s movement. And it’s a point in many books, that one of the important side of fear, attacking space marine cause in mortals, is contrast between size+armour and speed. Definitely I won’t find willpower to make a full army of running/jumping/etc Wolves, but I’ll be heading that way with no doubt.

Geigor meant to be last paint project of this year, but Universe has its own sense of humor.

Was going to repaint him for about a year. Dropped by getting him from the display cabinet and broke to pieces, so repainting was inevitable. Be careful with your desires. :wink:

CD1

CD2

CD3

CD4

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only leather to protect adamantium.

It's far easier to change cover than clean\polish\repaint adamantium plates on Venerable Ancient ;)

And maleficarum too is a point of concern.

The Contemptor is well done, but why cover him in leather instead of wolf skins? Did the leather come from fell beasts the Dreadnought (or the Space Wolf interred within) killed himself- maybe a Tyranid combat form or a Drukhari Beastmaster's "pets"- and serve to commemorate his deeds?

Great Company had left Fenris long time ago, there is no fenrisian wolf pelts in the Sea of Stars. :) Only Wolf Lord and priesthood managed to save any.

You hit the weak spot here, despite of well-established paint-scheme and whole visual appearance of my Vlka, my GC’s lore is in it’s brainstorming stage. I’m even unable to formalize the concept at the moment.

Leather could be the wolf pelts, but the hair has worn away or fallen out over time, or like others suggest, while on the Great Hunt they came across a mighty beast, the Beast slaughtered many, but was eventually taken down by the vengeful Fenrisian warriors of Sesc... as a tribute to the fallen, the surviving warriors of Sesc each took a piece of the great animals hide and inscribed runes of saga on to it. The more heroic the warrior the more hide he received with which to commemorate his glory. The remaining hide was put in stasis to be given out each time a warrior carried out a deed worthy of legend.

As new warriors joined the ranks of Sesc and proved themselves worthy, they are each awarded a small piece of the great beasts hide, on which to inscribe their own runes of saga. Over time if they prove worthy they will have many pieces of leather, stitched together to create their own legends.

Wolf pelts became a sign of prestige and status amongst the Great Company, believed to bestow the spirit of the wolf to its owner. These pelts are only reserved for Jarls and Thegns who have truly ascended to greatness....

PS your models and paint work are freaking awesome

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some updates, as there not much to do here, in quarantine, except work and mustering forces. Loyalty&Treachery HH event gave morale boost, remote job - time, so Sesc Great Company growing in numbers.

10 Grey Slayers with combat shields, to enhance CC pack

Grey Slayers

Melta Support pack, to hunt beasts of iron

Melta_TS_Pack

Mortificator consul to lead Ancients to battle

Mortificator 1

Mortificator 2

Mortificator 3

Drenn Alvsbane, who's dream about being Long Fang came true, though in a weird manner

Drenn Alvsbane 1

Drenn Alvsbane 2

Drenn Alvsbane 3

Snorri Jotunson, Jarl's former pack-member

Jotunsson_01_remaster

Jotunsson_02_remaster

Elaf Haganson, put in a revered chassis not long ago and waiting to prove himself in a battle once again

Jotunsson_03_remaster

Elaf_Haganson_2

Elaf_Haganson_3

Elaf_Haganson_1

Orm "The Blind", to immortalize the most effective Grey Hunter sniper of my old Kill-team

Orm 1

Orm 2

Orm 3

I don't know if I should move thread to AoD section, as I feel some kind of disappointment with current state of 40K and clearly moving towards HH, but thread-duplicating is not good,  for my taste. What do you think?