Death Guard MSU

Grazzlebaz

So with LVO recently ending there's all this talk of the multiple scoring units strategy and I was bored. So I decided to make a MSU HH list at the typical 40k point value. Comments, questions, and what have you welcome.

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1850pts)

·         HQ (270pts)

o    Legion Centurion (95pts)

Power Armour

§  Consul

Master of Signal

o    Section Leader Crysos Mortug (175pts)

·        

Troops (900pts)

o    Legion Tactical Squad (180pts)

9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla

§  Legion Tactical Sergeant

Artificer Armour, Combi-Weapon

o    Legion Tactical Squad (180pts)

9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla

§  Legion Tactical Sergeant

Artificer Armour, Combi-Weapon

o    Legion Tactical Support Squad (135pts)

4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers

§  Legion Sergeant

Artificer Armour

§  Legion Sergeant

Artificer Armour

§  Legion Sergeant

Artificer Armour

§  Legion Sergeant

Artificer Armour

·       

Elites (290pts)

o    Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (110pts)

§  Legion Rapier Weapons Battery

Laser Destroyer Array

Laser Destroyer Array

o    Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (180pts)

Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')

Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')

Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun')

·        

Heavy Support (390pts)

o    Legion Heavy Support Squad (160pts)

Autocannons, 4x Legion Space Marines

o    Sicarian Venator Tank Destroyer (230pts)

Armoured Ceramite, Heavy Bolters                 

Basic strategy, Crysos infiltrates with a tactical squad and uses endurance to make them tougher to kill. A few of the support squads infiltrate in various places near objectives.

The laser destroyers blow up tanks. Quad mortars against infantry or glance tanks/knights to death.

Venator blows up MORE tanks.

Volkites can glance light vehicles and the artificer armor on sergeants should add durability to the whole squad

MoS with autocannons to put wounds on infantry/light vehicles

This army does lack dedicated anti-air but I hope with high volume of Str 6 and higher shots I should be able to deal with them.

Only thing I haven't decided is what combi type to give sergeants in tactical squads.....thinking melta or flamer.

I really like the MSU idea here, it seems very counter culture to what you see in most list where blobs are the norm, maneuverability looks like easy sauce for you here, and the strategy you put together seems sound. One question is why give the TSS Calivers as opposed to chargers, that would give a bit more maneuverability or are you just planning of having those be the squads that sit on points?

I really like the MSU idea here, it seems very counter culture to what you see in most list where blobs are the norm, maneuverability looks like easy sauce for you here, and the strategy you put together seems sound. One question is why give the TSS Calivers as opposed to chargers, that would give a bit more maneuverability or are you just planning of having those be the squads that sit on points?

I decided on calivers because for the same amount of points you get +1 str and twice the range. The range on the chargers is so short my squads would be hard pressed to focus fire or support another, plus wounding marines on 2's leads to more wounds and more saves from deflag. while I do lose some mobility, the hope is each squad can earn back their points, which is the strategy behind MSU anyways.

The only space marine legion that can ally with daemons are Word Bearers, and only with a certain Rite of War. In book 4 I think it's listed that daemonology powers are not available yet in the age of darkness.

Wow in that case I think defl0 has a great point then. Add some demons in there, baby you got a stew going.

Edit: Forgot you were putting together a DG list not a WB list. As I was.

Its explicitly stated in one of the books (red or 4) that any 30k psykers without the express permission to do so do not have access to the Malefic Daemonology Psychic School; only Santic is permitted - if at all. So no summoning.

Also, until its expanded in book 5, only the WB have the possibility of Allying in Daemons and only through the use of their RoW and/or Erebus. No other legion has the option to do so.

Interesting. Sorry I missed that. 

Well, you can rachet up the the amount of units on the board with rhinos for every squads. They are cheap. Can score and are pretty good with hvy bolters on them. 

Archived