Night Lords 2000 points (w/WIP link)

Enigami

Hey all,

Here is my first list for some 30k Night Lords. I'm working on them now. Here is a link to my very first stages of WIP

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/304208-night-lords-wip-my-first-wip-log/ 

Here is my first 2000 point list. Comments and Criticism are welcome!

Night Lords 2000:

HQ: 145

Legion Praetor 145 (Rite of War: Terror Assault)

-Jump Pack

-Refractor Field

-Chainglaive

-Melta Bombs

Elites: 595

Contemptor Mortis 180

-Dual Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

Contemptor Mortis 185

-Dual Twin Linked Lascannon

Legion Terminator Squad 230

-Powerfist

-Combi-Melta x5

-Teleportation Homer

Troops: 705

Terror Squad 255

-5 additional Marines

-Volkite Chargers x10

-Melta Bomb

Terror Squad 225

-5 additional Marines

-Boltguns x10

-Melta Bomb

Terror Squad 225

-5 additional Marines

-Boltguns x10

-Melta Bomb

Fast Attack: 380

Night Raptors 225

-2 additional marines

-Chainglaives x3

-Melta Bomb

Jetbike Squadron 155

-Melta Bombs

Heavy Support: 175

Sicaran Battle Tank

-Lascannon Sponsoons

This should be 2000 points exactly. I am very hesitant on the Jet Bike Squadron. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could replace them with? Thanks for any and all comments you guys have

Respectfully,

Enigami

The Preator can take an Iron Halo (iirc) for 4++, why not take that instead of a Refractor Fields 5++?

Easiest replacement for the Jetbikes would be more Night Raptors and/or more Terminators if possible. Combi-Meltas, imo, while they do double out FNP on T4 aren't going to be as useful on vehicles that you'd want to shoot melta at because of Armored Creamite. Granted you'll still cause some damage through weight of fire but Terminators are better served going after other 2+ saves. At that point, Plasma would be a better option because, for the same price, you get Rapid Fire; so an option of having 2 Shots per Combi-Plasma.

If you feel like you're lacking in AT, the Jetbikes, at 6 men all with Melta Bombs in place of the Night Raptors would be the next best thing.

S'about all I got time for atm; in class.

Thank you sir for the response! I guess I just doh'd on the iron halo. That will definitely be an auto include now. I agree with you on the terminator squad and have options to switch them between melta and plasma depending on whether I'm playing 30k or 40k with my friends. I am a little worried about my AT, especially if I switch up the termies. I do like the idea of a bunch of melta bomb wielding bikers, but at 6 guys it seems like there might be cheaper options. I haven't used them, but on paper they don't seem like they'd be worth their points to me.

In that case, you could swap out the LasCannon Mortis and the Sicarian for a Deredeo (in HS) and Graviton/Thudd Rapiers (elites).

The Deredeo give you 4 S8 Sunder shots and 3 S6 Ap3 Missiles (that always hit side armor) which can be fired at targets not in LoS and at different targets than the autocannons.

The Gravitons give you Haywire and dangerous/difficult terrain in 5" Blasts. (per rapier)

The Thudd Guns give you 4 S8 Sunder Shots (per rapier) or 4 S6 3" Blasts (per rapier again)

You'd still have the Kheres for Massed Fire with rending but you'd have (especially with the Thudd Guns and Deredeo) up to 16 S8 Sunder Shots and shouldnt cost you that much more points wise for the list.

I do enjoy your suggestion, Slipstreams. I've been wanting to work a Deredeo into the list and I'm a fan of the sunder shells as well. I believe you have me sold on that idea, sir.

Archived