Apocalypse on Cypra Mundi: Comic Batrep

Polythemus

This is a 6000pt per side Batrep that I promised that I would post here and had a really great time doing. I did as a way to raise some money for the Independent game store where I play and its a great place in Malden MA, called evil dice if you like the Battle report feel free to consider donating to a good cause.

In case you missed any of the prior episodes you can find them on this board or click below:

Hammerfall on Ix: Our hero's step once more onto the planet and at the critical ground of Atlas Pass, stand toe-to-toe with Koros, the IronClaw!

Assault on Ix: Our hero's decode the second cogitator, and learn of a new deadly and dangerous world where their quarry is hiding. Will they track him down before he escapes?

Battle at World's End: Sammael's pursuit has led the Ravenwing to cross of the Tunguska galcier, on their way to the fortress Gastongen, but are they the hunters or the hunted?

You can also find the Prequels to this story:

Part 1:  What are the cogitators of Gordium? Learn the truth of how they arrived on the planet and who else wants them...

Part 2:  After undergoing a secret mission to recover the cogitators the Dark angels must fight their way out of a trap with dire consquences.

Part 3: After learning the location of one the fallen the Dark Angels travel to the world of Purgatory in order to locate their quarry, but his demonic allies have other plans...

Here is the actual Report: Apocalypse on Cypra Mundi

You know what Mark? when i was looking for motivation to finish this thing, I did actually think about the promise that I made you several months ago to get this done. Does the thing feel too long/unfocused? It would be great to get your feedback on the story component of the game.

Im not sure where the story goes from here. Two of the fallen have been located and only one was captured. The second turns out to be a converted demon prince, does this mean he can never be captured? I don't really know. Its a fun idea to explore. I think there are enough clues along the way that the ending is satifying but with only three turns it may not have been... 

It doesn't feel too long at all, we are dealing with a 10000 year long story after all. Nobody else really do the story part like you do, so that's awesome. I think your style of batrep is great and the only thing you can do to improve it is to quit your job so you can play more games which will lead to more regular batreps.

I'm not 100% on the unforgiven lore, but basically you'll smack a fallen around until he says sorry for falling and then you kill him... or give him peace is what I meant. So if you kill a daemon prince he goes back to the warp because of the daemon part so mission failed. So instead you imprison him forever in a sensory depravation relic something which will be worse than death. I'm stealing from Eisenhorn here but it gives you options for later campaigns like the daemon prince gave you another fallen's name in exchange for something( like some fresh air).

I now its a problem with apocalypse games to finish them so that's ok, but I thought we we're getting our behinds kicked.

I forgot where to look for the campaign where you have almost all the  races present on that map thing with the two continents joined by a bridge, could you please give a link?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived