Titans LOW question

drew25a

I did search but couldent find an anser.

What faction do warhound/reaver titans count as?

For a CAD it says all units in the CAD must come from the same faction (or have no faction, like fortifications).

in the rule book it lists factions as DA.SM,IG,SW, Knights, etc

The FAQ for escalation gives a faction to all the Supper heavies that where reprinted from appocalipse (Baneblade IG, Revenant Eldar etc) But not to the warhound or reaver, All later forgeworld books give a faction (ie chaos warhound has chaos marines listed).

all i can find on warhound/reavers is it says imperial, which is the alliance matrix. rather than a faction.

So can the titans never be part of a CAD because they dont match factions. or if they dont have a faction that means any one can use.

Or should they be treted Like Knights, as a detatchement of there own, never benefiting from a detatchement rules.

Thanks

Drew.

So for now assume All imperial factions can use the titan's?

My concern was this line

"With the publication of Warhammer 40,000: Escalation, players now have the option of taking Lords of War choices in their armies. The following is a list of Forge World models that should be considered Lords of War choices and may therefore be taken using the guidelines detailed in Warhammer 40,000: Escalation."

And now that the escalation rules are replaced by the Rule book. i wasnet sure that that would apply any more.

(now i think of it titans and the airforce ones should be separate detatchements)

The Lords of War PDF isn't actually directly related to Escalation, none of the rules require you to be using it. It's cited as a cause and consequence, but the document itself just applies the "Lords of War" stamp to a bunch of models.

So for now assume All imperial factions can use the titan's?

Technically, no. By the rules in that PDF, if your army consisted of an Inquisition Detachment as Primary with a Space Marine CAD, for example, you wouldn't have met the requirements to take it even though your army is entirely Imperial and you have a spare LoW slot. Make the Space Marines the Primary, and suddenly you can. It doesn't work too well with 7th.

In my group, we just say they ally as Armies of the Imperium, and allow any Armies of the Imperium Faction to include them in a LoW slot. No firm basis in the rules, but it seems to fit the intention.

just got the following e-mail from forgeworld.

hi,

Thank you for your email.  The answer to your question is -

1.  The Legio Titanicus are their own faction.

2. The Imperial Navy are classified as Astra Militarum in regards to factions.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

just got the following e-mail from forgeworld.

hi,

Thank you for your email.  The answer to your question is -

1.  The Legio Titanicus are their own faction.

2. The Imperial Navy are classified as Astra Militarum in regards to factions.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

Seriously?

•  

Not sure what you asked them in your letter, but what does their response mean to us?

SJ

• would help if i said what the question was :)

•  
  • i asked what factions are titans and marauder bombers for purposes of using them as lords of war in standard games..

With that anser it means i cant take a warhound titan in a standard detatchment as all models have to share a faction :(

• Not sure what you asked them in your letter, but what does their response mean to us?

SJ

• would help if i said what the question was smile.png

• i asked what factions are titans and marauder bombers for purposes of using them as lords of war in standard games..

With that anser it means i cant take a warhound titan in a standard detatchment as all models have to share a faction sad.png

Whilst that is correct (basic rule), Imperial Titans are specifically permitted to be chosen as part of any Imperial force as their LoW choice (advanced rule). So all in all, it's fine.

Except not any Imperial force. You need to check that your army meets the requirements in the Escalation FAQ. With a Faction they're no longer fair game for everyone. As I said above, Inquisition Primary/Space Marine CAD couldn't take one, by the rules.

Archived