Kanak Skull Takers

This is my Kanak Skull Takers 2nd Platoon Command Squad. Most of the other pics I have are too large to post. I will be putting them on my blog. 

I have two platoons of five squads total running with a pair of Leman Russ Punishers with the Company Commander carrying Kurov's Aquila sitting between them. Those re-rolls of ones get me a few extra hits. 

A couple of priests run with the army along with a Primaris Psyker usually in a blob squad for extra wounds. I also have a pair of armored sentinels carrying lascannons for any heavy armor. Another pair of scout sentinels are used to outflank and get some side shots or line breaker points. I have been incorporating an Aegis Defense Line with the quad autocannon for some extra protection. The entire plan works pretty well. 

Just recently had a close game against a drop army of Salamanders. I was able to get off a Psychic Shriek and take out a 9 man squad of marines in one shot. I eventually lost due to modified scoring, but the game was done for the marines if it had gone past turn 5.

2nd Platoon Command Squad

These look fab mate but i cant see the pic clearly!! Any chance of another one?

Hey look choc full of convertions and we wanna seee them! !

Edit*** My bad. I can see them now haha. Wheres your blog?

Excellent, the Skull Takers never show up so it's great to finally see some! Great use of bits, they definitely look the part and are painted well - especially the attention to the tattoos. You should post up more pictures along with some batreps :tu:

I do have a photo editing program. I just don't know how to use it. laugh.png

Most of the issue with size is I set the camera to a high resolution so the pics come out quite large. My iPhone pics have no issue.

So with that said, here are some other pics. They are on the blog if you've already been there.

Leman Russ Punishers

Leman Russ Punisher #21

Leman Russ Punisher #22

Leman Russ Punishers

I painted them using GW greys and decaled them. Then weathering with some oil pin washes followed by dragging a brush down the sides mildly wet with thinner. The trick is to do layers. As each layer is put down, the previous layers settle to look more uniform and 'flat' for lack of a better term. They look suitably used.
I will say, I love my Punishers! Except for the short range of the main gun, they are a true terror to my opponents! Most cannot handle the heavy front armor.

Beautiful tanks! The camo is great and the extra details and weathering really make them pop. Excellent work, we must see more! :lol: As for the pictures I just crop and scale the image down which is easy to do, helps get good pictures without spanking anyone's bandwidth :)

• 2 weeks later...

'Mean'? As in not quite so nice and friendly? I'll gladly take that as a compliment. Feral should be their middle name. I may have them drift more toward the dark side with some daemonic summoning. Khorne would be where they would fall amongst the four powers. I haven't made anything up for their fall yet, but it is sitting in their shadows....

Great stuff here smile.png! Looking forward to seeing more of these guys, although they do look a bit mean.

More uploads for Bolter n Chainsword. I took your advice Warrior Fish, I had an easy editor sitting front of my face the entire time. Things will be changing....

Here are some examples of my heavy weapons. I have three of each of these guys, so nine overall. The guys were just fun to get creative with and to make a little display. Just take some extra bits sitting around and create a little story with them.

IMG 0101

IMG 0100

IMG 0098

IMG 0097

IMG 0096

IMG 0095

As WF says, you may find that they are a little taller and slimmer compared to GW heroic scale but they do look good :)

They are a tad bit taller. Skinnier is the term I would use. I'll post a picture of the sizes later to get you an idea.

The heads are separate and are available from their site. They also have some really nice 'masked' heads much like the Blood Pact. 

@Mehman:

Ha! Of course I raided your stash. I hear there is a shortage of fantasy parts nowadays with the upcoming change over!

Photo added to show the height difference with an old Mordian of mine from about 2003/'04

IMG 4340

There is a slight difference. It would probably be about 6" worth to the Mordian. Not too terrible with regards to size, but still taller

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived