Deathwatch - 19/06/21 - Star Dragon & Blackshield dread

And another one, this time from the made up Revenants of Maccrage

878969_sm-.JPG878970_sm-.JPG878967_sm-.JPG878968_sm-.JPG

Trying to get a better shot of the scope lens because I painted it well (if I do say so myself)
878971_sm-.JPG

Again, excellent work. Is the Gryphon Rampant wielding a sniper weapon?

Thanks, man. Yep, this is what I use for Stalker Bolters.

Love the new guy :thumbsup:

Cheers, Midnight. Always nice when trying something new pays off.

They look like metal-candy. Watching the pictures I sometimes want to lick them! :biggrin.:

Aren´t you including weapons from the new kits like the big thunder hammer?

Greetings, Velype

Ha, I'll be honest, that's one of the weirdest compliments I've had for my work and I love it. I actually don't have the veterans kit, just a bunch of my favourite pieces from bits sites, so I do not possess a heavy hammer. Plus I still think of Deathwatch as primarily a shooting focused force.

Really like that converted rifle on the Gryphon Rampant. What is the barrel taken from?

Thank you. Race Bannon and Knight of the Raven are correct, it's an Anvil 'Negotiator' rifle (actually an earlier version of the one they now sell, but the differences are minor) that I cut the barrel down on. The Raptor on page 2 has an unaltered version of the barrel.

I *think* Anvil Industries.

This is indeed from Anvil Industry and not just a barrel; it's an entire weapon called the Negotiator Anti-Materiel Rifle.

-

Your Deathwatch is the only Deathwatch I actually care about, sockwithaticket. They're so beautiful. Excellent job.

:blush.: That's really high praise, thank you. They're one of my favourite projects and I try to come up with relatively interesting things to do with them, so I'm glad that they're so well received.

• 1 month later...

Now my very own Crimson Tears contribute a veteran to the Deathwatch in response to the recent xenos incursion:
886340_sm-.JPG886341_sm-.JPG886342_sm-.JPG886343_sm-.JPG886344_sm-.JPG886345_sm-.JPG

Excellent work on the Revenant. Is the Chapter one of your own creation?

Thanks, Bjorn. Yes, I made it up as, although I had the bits, I didn't want to do an Ultramarine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well done.

Thanks, Bjorn.

Lovely, what's the weapon on the AoR?

It's one of Anvil Industry's Negotiator rifles with a couple of sight modifications, I use it as a Stalker.

Very nice work. Super crisp as usual. I gotta get those shoulder pads when the codex hits.

Cheers, Prot.

Good work on your very good looking DW...

But the sniper (anvil gun right?) is an Angel of vengeance, and not Angel of redemption... :smile.:

Thanks for pointing that out and for the compliment. Too many Angels! I referred to it properly in my WIP thread so I don't know which wires got crossed while updating this one; duly amended.

Love that!

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...
Exemplary stuff here, keep up the outstanding work brother, very inspiring :tu: I like how you handled the Angel of Fire armour motif of sporting flames up the legs, but kept it in Deathwatch appropriate colouring. Details like that are just one part of what make your work so great :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Looks like I forgot to drop these when I swung by the site with pictures almost a year ago

Star Dragon
1012287_sm-.JPG1012288_sm-.JPG1012289_sm-.JPG

Blackshield Dreadnought
1109426_sm-.JPG
1109424_sm-.JPG
1109425_sm-.JPG

Mmmm  really like the mentor :wub:

Also I like your nice crisp paint style :thumbsup:

cheers, Mithril

Thanks, Mithril. Appreciate it.

Really great work! I admire how well all your deathwatch are painted. 

I like your Aurora Talons marine you painted up. Their lexi/wiki articles are straight blank but apparently the name showed up in the 5th edition codex, will have to check at some point. I like your shoulder color scheme... on account of the name I imagine they are an obscure Iron Hands successor from an ice world. Might have to paint up one when I get to painting my own deathwatch!

• 5 months later...

Blood Ravens Librarian

1126483_sm-.JPG1126484_sm-.JPG1126485_sm-.JPG1126486_sm-.JPG

Really great work! I admire how well all your deathwatch are painted. 

I like your Aurora Talons marine you painted up. Their lexi/wiki articles are straight blank but apparently the name showed up in the 5th edition codex, will have to check at some point. I like your shoulder color scheme... on account of the name I imagine they are an obscure Iron Hands successor from an ice world. Might have to paint up one when I get to painting my own deathwatch!

Thanks!

There are lots of Space Marine Chapters who seem to have nothing but a name, I really like to use those to give me more paint scheme freedom and to have a slightly more diverse Deathwatch than most.