++Interview with a Chaos Lord++

Tenebris

My best model I've done so far was the champion model I bought for the Daemonforge event. I didn't finish in time to submit it, but here it is.

My dream project is to build a Chaos Fleet for BFG, but there are some obvious obstacles to overcome before I get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and welcome to Interview with a Chaos Lord. Today I present you Teetengee.

How have you become a Chaos Lord?

I used to play loyalists during third edition, but then I stopped playing for a while because no one else was interested. When I returned, I wanted to play something I could focus on modelling and painting really well, which meant a low model count elite force with lots of interesting kitbashing converting opportunities. This was at the end of 3.5 so I picked up chaos, which fit the bill at the time. I have been chaos ever since, although I always regret only having played with the 3.5 dex for a relatively short period of time.

When did you start to play the Chaos Space Marines/Daemons/Lost&Damned?

See above...

Which is your favorite traitor legion or Chaos warband, and why?

My own of course! I love how open Chaos is to adding whatever units you want and still having it make some amount of sense (alliances, enslavements, etc. That being said, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the heavy guns of the Iron Warriors, the fanaticism of the Word Bearers, and the aggressive close in playstyle of Khorne armies. And I have always been reluctant to do Black Legion, because I hate Abbadon's model. A lot. Plus top knots don't do much for me in general so...

What do you like most of the Warhammer 40k hobby?

Modelling, I love sitting at my lab bench and creating new monstrosities that don't quite look anything like someone else's creations.
I also enjoy gaming, but of late have found it less interesting due to the poor rules we in chaos have been stuck with for so long.
Painting is growing on me these days as I get better, but it is still often more of a chore or a meditation than it is something I can really say I enjoy. Although I do like having a painted army.

What is your play style?

I switch it up now and again, but generally speaking:

Always advance, try to get to cc and crush them. I tend to play very high risk high reward, often running vindicators alongside berzerkers (or similar strategies) and blasting away only inches from my own men.

Also, my group plays only maelstrom, so games tend to be pretty frantic.

What was your greatest achievement or favorite memory from your hobby career?

Probably the paintjob on my iron warrior's heldrake,,, sooo many hazard stripes, but I think it looks quite good.
Once I finally get around to painting a daemonic tank I have been picking at for years, that will surpass it though.

Do you collect and play any other armies?

I used to collect diy loyalists and had an aborted attempt at guardsmen, but I cannot really say I collect or play them anymore. I am starting up a chaos eldar army but so far only have two models for it due to time constraints and an inability to get feedback here on BnC pushing it back behind other projects.

As for playing, I usually play with the Chaos rules, but my friends and I are fine with proxies as long as they are the right base size and we can figure out the rough size for line of sight purposes, so I will occasionally play with all sorts of different rulesets.

Which is your favorite Chaos character?

My own! Which is what is so beautiful about chaos..

Of those who are canon, my favorite is Khârn the Betrayer, because he is just the right mix of camp and horror, and he never misses ;). Although my answer to the next question certainly colours this, as I have limited exposure to many of the characters. Other contenders are Nurgle and Ahriman, the more I learn about the latter, the more I like him.

Which is your favorite Black Library publication?

To be honest, I haven't read any yet, although I would love some suggestions.

Any advice for your fellow players, any parting words of wisdom?

Rules come and go (and are generally poorly balanced), so build models you like and find people who will play for fun as much as they play to win. Talk to your opponents about simple houserules to make things more fun (such as discarding impossible objectives). Always look to see how you can improve, in modeling, in gaming, in painting. Always be open to learning new things and being corrected and be considerate of others, each person hobbies their own way.

If you wanna talk Chaos Eldar, feel free to PM me. Sounds interesting.

As to BL recommendations, ADB's Night Lords trilogy is a pretty good place to start, along with Talon of Horus. I enjoyed Anthony Reynolds Word Bearer trilogy, but it does have its detractors, and Storm of Iron is rightly regarded as a classic.

Expanding out from pure Chaos stuff, Gaunts Ghosts and the Eisenhorn trilogy by Abnett are really good.

Dragonlover

Best Chaos Model is an interesting question these days. My best finished ones are not the ones which I consider my best.
However, a few contenders for finished and best in the sense that the execution went precisely as I hoped were these three:

Hidden Content
http://i.imgur.com/6Xp7aO2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bzHNljY.jpg

Heldrake Top (800x600)

Still chaos but hidden for xeno-heresy as it is an eldobliterator (which rules wise I don't know if I should post here or not, mods feel free to delete if you would like)

(Better pics when I can)

Best modelling endeavors, also better pics when I can are these, but they are no where near done yet:

Hidden Content

Gamor Preprime 2

Moloc Preprime 1

plus my never ending chaos land raider/daemonengine/los proxy that I am too scared to just finish and paint (and who still needs some work)

Dream project:
Full daemonically possessed vehicle horde, including titans, plus one of every unit dedicated to every god with huge conversions. (while I am dreaming, I might as well say I want them all painted with lots of runes and everything to the level of Bohun, but I think I could settle for the full conversions painted to a reasonable standard.)

also, it would be really fun to do a full gal-vorbak styledd word bearers 30k army some time if I had the funds.

This week I present you an iron lord, a relentless warrior, a ruthless commander. Meet Iron_Within. Show him no mercy for he would offer you none. 

How have you become a Chaos Lord?

When Codex Chaos 2nd edition came out. I first got into 40k when I was 11 and had a small force of Space Wolves, then Chaos came out in '96 and I remember reading about them in the White Dwarf, I think it was Andy Chambers going on about them and so bought the codex and I remember it was massive compared to even other Codex's at the time. I don't know why Iron Warriors stood out (probably because it appeared to be an easy paint scheme, or the bitter Marines that believed themselves demi-gods unleashed). I still have my second edition Chaos Codex, it's brilliant.

When did you start to play the Chaos Space Marines/Daemons/Lost&Damned?

In second edition with Iron Warriors. My force had a lord and Fabius Bile along with a Predator and some Rhinos. It largely came down to who threw the vortex grenade and who could kill Eldrad first (Eldar being a semi regular opponent).

Which is your favorite traitor legion or Chaos warband, and why?

Iron Warriors. I don't know why it was when started but now I like the bitter characterization and the semi classical nature of them. I like the irony that Perturabo was both screwed over and he brought it upon himself through his own actions, ultimately dooming himself; they have a nice element of tragedy to them. There is always the juxtaposition that in a world of gods, magic and a realm of dreams and nightmares, they trust only in their weapons and wargear and little else.

In gameplay I always liked the combination of firepower backing up a strong charge to sweep your opponents away.

What do you like most of the Warhammer 40k hobby?

I would like to say painting and modelling, though I don't get much opportunity these days taking care of my kids. So I'd say now I enjoy playing in a narrative campaign – it adds far more meaning to each game and stops me getting bored (that narrative campaign is readable online – Chaos are actually doing okay these days! http://alephsector.blogspot.co.uk/ and a shout out to Noodle who does an brilliant job running the campaign)

What is your play style?

I like to threat overload and use false threats to hide the objectives I'm going. I've always enjoyed putting my opponent on the backfoot and smashing thought the center line and seeing their plans in tatters. These days this is far more assault orientated but I'm planning a lost and the damned element so I can finally have artillery again and attack the opposing force no matter where they are.

What was your greatest achievement or favorite memory from your hobby career?

Maybe one of the following, I cannot pick a single one.

- Back in the days of 3.5 I played in a tournament – I had what I thought was a nice balanced and characterful list for Iron Warriors. It was the first tournament I ever played, I've only played in a few. Despite coming across some horrible lists I came 3rd overall.

- Learning to pain rust and battle damage effectively

- The day I can finally paint eyes properly (which might happen one day.

- Turning around Chaos' spectacular 5 year losing streak in the Aleph Sector campaign

Do you collect and play any other armies?

Save a Chaos Battle Fleet Gothic fleet no, not at the moment, time doesn't allow. However in the past I've had several – an Imperial Guard army, Space Marine army, an Empire army, a human Blood Bowl team and a rather unfortunate Delaque gang (unfortunate because they always died – first game, half their number succumbed to their wounds and died, and that was a repeating problem, in the end they were called "The Redshirts")

Which is your favorite Chaos character?

Of those that can be played on the tabletop Khârn, he just encompasses the ethos of his god and playstyle so well.

In the background there was a short story (that I'm actually trying to find again) of Honsou's war upon Calth, there was a single Legionary that I really liked, he could touch the earth and understand the composition of the rock and earth how best to apply pressure to break a fortification. He had a despair about him that encompassed the traitors. Anyone who could tell me which story this was from, let me know!

Which is your favorite Black Library publication?

I'd like to say Angel Exterminatus and maintain a theme throughout this, but I cannot. I really like Legion, it was the first novel that truly sucked me into the Horus Heresy series. Outside the Horus Heresy series, I like both the Talon of Horus and Storm of Iron, both humanizes the traitors in way all too rare in Black Library novels. Venturing outside of novels concerning the traitors, I like the Dark Eldar novels by Andy Chambers and Fire caste by Peter Fehervari (which is a nice change of pace from the usual Black Library novels). I enjoy Ciaphas Cain novels however the later ones have lost a  bit of the original charm.

Any advice for your fellow players, any parting words of wisdom?

Play what you enjoy, paint what you enjoy. Think of a story for your army and it will create greater enjoyment in your battles. Always name your Warlord. Never forget your objectives. Avoid the negativity of others and always talk to your opponent win or lose on tactics and how the game went your re-matches will be more and more enjoyable and your tactics will improve. Lastly don't feel compelled to do anything you don't enjoy and Death to the False Emperor.

In the background there was a short story (that I'm actually trying to find again) of Honsou's war upon Calth, there was a single Legionary that I really liked, he could touch the earth and understand the composition of the rock and earth how best to apply pressure to break a fortification. He had a despair about him that encompassed the traitors. Anyone who could tell me which story this was from, let me know!

Soltarn Vull Bronn, The Iron Without. He's also in a couple of other Honsou-related stories, but I can't remember what ones.

Dragonlover

Another interesting read and another Iron Warriors fan! There are a lot of you.

I put to you my two usual questions:

I. Could you show us your best Chaos model?

II. What's your dream project?

I will have a little think and get back to you. I've improved my painting a lot recently but I like my old Sorcerer conversion. My dream project, that will be difficult, most likely a full board of Iron Warrior Fortification, drop ships and all.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Right before tenebris' departure from the forum he asked me for the interview. I sent him the answers, and he told me he intended to post the interview July 15th. His departure made that not happen though. I'm posting the interview here with the consent of Moderator Forté.

If you guys want, I could take up the mantle of interviewer and continue this thread. What do you think?

So here's the interview:
  • How have you become a Chaos Lord?
I started playing 40K back in 1996, during 2nd Edition, in the same month as the very first Codex Chaos came out. It wasn’t immediately that I chose Chaos as my army. I and three other friends had purchased the starter set, the one with all the carton counters, templates, ruins, and those horrible click-fit Space Marines, Orks and Gretchin. Two of those friends immediately decided to divide the space marines from the set between them and start Ultramarines and Dark Angels, respectively. That left me and the third guy. Neither of us wanted the Orks, so I went out to my local independent retailer hobby store (called Fantasy Fanatics) and started talking to the owner, who showed me Codex: Chaos.

An entire world of dark figures, evil backgrounds, daemons, slaves to darkness, and awesome conversion opportunities opened up to me, and from that moment I knew what my army would be. My mind was set. Turned out that the third guy also wanted to play Chaos, but I had beaten him to it! Muhahahaaa. He ended up playing Eldar, the pansy! msn-wink.gif
  • When did you start to play the Chaos Space Marines/Daemons/Lost&Damned?

Well, the previous answer gives the basics of that question. I guess what drew me to Chaos was the wealth of conversion opportunities and the fact that they are the ‘bad’ guys in the universe. The two-page inspirational poster with conversion ideas from John Blanche was a huge influence. (couldn't find a bigger version online)

And I took his advice to start a bits box and never ever throw anything away. Even before the third edition Khorne Berserker squad came out (the set that we still use to this day) I had converted a very dynamic squad from the new 3rd edition posable marines and 2nd edition plastic Khorne Berzerker heads. Space Marines just lend themselves so well to converting, with their relatively straight lines and angles. It’s part of the reason why I stuck to them, along with their inherent evilness. I converted anything I could get my hands on to Chaos: my local store held tournaments in which I participated with zeal, earning many metal boxed sets as prizes, such as the metal Blood Claws, Legion of the Damned, Death Company, and Fabius Bile’s augmented marines. All were cut up and lovingly given chaos arms, heads, tentacles, and weapons. I ended up working at that store on Thursday nights and Saturdays, which through the employee discount gave an even bigger boost to my collection.
  • Which is your favorite traitor legion or Chaos warband, and why?
When I started playing chaos I played a blue-grey renegade company called the Soul Hunters, which in the fluff I wrote back then was actually an off shoot of the Red Corsairs of Huron Blackheart. The Astral Claws and the Tyrant of Badab where described in a one-page piece of fluff in the 1st Codex Chaos, and I really liked it. During third edition, I added huge contingents of Khorne Berzerkers and Plague Marines to the army. I sold everything in 2005, to my eternal regret, so when I re-entered the hobby back in 2010, I had to restart everything.

This time, I wanted to do one of the original nine Legions. I studied political science and political philosophy in university. As we all know, religion has had a huge impact on politics throughout history, so I naturally gravitated towards the Word Bearers. I read their trilogy and loved them, but I couldn’t get a red I wanted. I ended up with an army of about 20 units, all with a different shade of red. That’s not what I wanted, so I sold all of that and restarted. A friend of mine had given me a commission of painting two Lucius Pattern Warhounds in a blue shade, and I liked it so much I decided I wanted to paint my marines in Blue. Night Lords became the obvious choice. I did miss the Word Bearers’ fluff until I read the Night Lords trilogy by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. They absolutely came to life for me, so much so that I stuck with them and now have about 12,000 points of painted Night Lords.

What I love about the Night Lords is the fact that they have two sides to them, the best of both worlds when it comes to fluff. On the one hand, they are a relic from the Horus Heresy, and almost desperately cling to the sense of purpose those long-forgotten days gave them. In that sense, they are the only Chaos warband that can still truly call themselves part of the Legiones Astartes. On the other hand, they have been traveling the warp for ages, and you cannot do that without it having a corrupting effect on you. So there’s also that distinct Chaotic feel to them, the whispers of the gods that slowly eat away at their martial pride and their past, and which is slowly transforming them into the very thing they loath: worshippers of chaos. I feel like my warband reflects that: When I started painting Night Lords, I tried to only use and paint Chaos units that had also been available to them during the great crusade. But as the army grows and time progresses, I feel the urge to include increasingly more corrupted units, like Maulerfiends, Possessed, Sspawn, etc. This is why when I won a prize to spend $500AU in a web shop, I didn’t buy a single marine, and spent all the money on Daemons...
  • What do you like most of the Warhammer 40k hobby?
What I like most about the hobby is that it really is a hobby. My job is pretty stressful and I really need to relax from time to time. So sometimes I just sit at my table, get into the ‘zone’, and convert and paint all day long. It’s a relaxing thing for me to do. And even though I know I am a very fast painter, I enjoy the building and converting aspect of that side of the hobby the most. The painting is just icing on the cake for me.

On the other hand, I love the social aspect of the hobby too. I try to go to my local GW store every other week and spend a Saturday afternoon there chatting to everyone. I’m lucky enough that there’s a good mix of all ages, and some of the guys there have become good friends. I have a gaming table and a good amount of home-made terrain at home, but I prefer to game at the local gaming club on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, even though I cannot attend most of the time.

Both the hobby and social aspects have coalesced when I started posting at the B&C around January 2014, when I was ‘recruited’ to the Murderer’s Call by frater Flint13. The B&C forum is seriously an awesome place in that regard, and I believe both my painting and my hobbying skills have skyrocketed since I started posting and lurking on the forum. Sooo many awesome people and sooo many awesome miniatures It’s a really friendly and inspiring environment, which I am very happy to be a part of.
  • What is your play style?
That’s a tough one. I don’t play a lot of games, so I’m not sure what my play-style is. I have played more in recent months, as I wanted to prepare for a tournament at my local GW, so I tried to get at least one game in each week. I guess the army I fielded is geared towards aggressive board control combined with overwhelming, medium-strength firepower like heavy bolters and missle launchers. I also think that a wealth of different targets makes it harder for an opponent to figure out how to counter your army; hence I try to get a good mix of armour and high and low-toughness infantry in my armies. I usually don't bring a lot of shooty anti-tank, and rely on Nurgle biker power fists and a Maulerfiend to bust tanks. I do love low-points games though, and believe Chaos has a slight advantage in these. One thousand points is the Chaotic sweet-spot, so to speak.

My character makes me a competitive player, which means that when I do play, I do play to win. But never at all costs. My primary goal is always to have fun, and I can only have fun when my opponent does too. As such, I treat every game as a friendly game, even in tournaments. You'll never catch me nagging about rules or disallow my opponent to back-track to something he or she has forgotten. I like to play the game with my opponent, celebrating minor victories and unfortunate losses from both sides, and concocting stories and narrative for those moments in the game. Conversely I dislike playing against competitive ‘tournament-players’, whose only concern is to win at all costs.
  • What was your greatest achievement or favorite memory from your hobby career?
I guess one of the greatest achievements in my hobby career was building my warhound titan during last year’s ETL, having the B&C community help me with deciding on the colour scheme, painting it, and then being awarded the ‘Most Impressive Miniature’ badge. That truly was a blast, especially since I had only just joined the community. But there are so many other moments I fondly remember: winning the first ‘Battle of the Shops’ in the Netherlands, a tournament organized by all the independent stockists in the country; participating in the first Dutch National Tournament back in 1999 (even though I didn’t even come close to winning), fielding a 3rd edition Khorne rhino rush list, and screaming “Blood for the Blood God!” from the top of my lungs in the huge cathedral where it was held; selling all my precious miniatures and bits boxes in 2005 and still feeling the pain of that stupid, stupid decision; re-entering the hobby in 2010 - on doctor’s advice (I was a 'little' over-worked at the time and she told me to “go do something you enjoyed as a teenager”); starting posting regularly by the B&C and being welcomed by all the awesome people here; making friends; and entering a hobby club here in Amsterdam. So many great memories! And more to come!
  • Do you collect and play any other armies?

No. I’m Chaos, through and through, baby! msn-wink.gif I did start a Warhammer Fantasy Orc warband a Space Marines army called the Purple Marauders, both in the late 90’s, but sold I both after playing a couple games with them. I used to have an Escher Necromunda gang, and still own an Orc Blood Bowl team called ‘The Flashy Dungflingaz’. Most recently I started working on a Daemons expansion of my Night Lords. I've painted about 11500 points of Night lords by now (I'll post a pic of the entire army after the ETL)., and really want to start something new. Recently I've been very inspired by this picture of the Imperial Fists....

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4592386-imperial+fists.jpg

• Which is your favorite Chaos character?
Jeez, any more difficult questions? msn-wink.gif I really don’t know. I really like Variel from the Night lords trilogy, but I’m not sure if I would call him a ‘Chaos’ character. If you made me choose between the special characters in the Chaos Codex, I’d go for Khârn the Betrayer, even more so now that I’ve read all about him in the Horus Heresy series, where his quite honourable character is revealed. I think it’s his martial pride that made him fall to Khorne, eventually leading him to destroy the very Legion whose pride he wants to uphold, as he burned down the shelter his brothers use to cower from the Skalathraxian winter. How much more sophoclesian tragedy can you put into one character?
  • Which is your favorite Black Library publication?
I am probably going to get into a lot of trouble from several Horus Heresy aficionado’s, but I’d have to say the first three books of the Horus Heresy series. They set the scene for the entire range, and really succeeded in determining the atmosphere of the 30th millennium and the Great Crusade. I’ve read about two-thirds of all the HH books now, and I feel none of the later books even come close to giving the sense of epic proportions that the first three books gave me. Reading about the fall of the most pivotal character in all of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, after having read hints of it over the last twenty years, was what really drew me as deep into the hobby as I am right now.
  • Any advice for your fellow players, any parting words of wisdom?
The advice I always give to fellow hobbyists and especially to those new to the hobby, is to not be afraid to start the hobby and especially painting and modelling. what is most important is to never be afraid to ask others about anything, be it painting, converting, modelling or otherwise. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, and especially to follow your instincts. Make testers if you plan on a big project, like a Lord of War of even a completely new army – you’re going to have to paint a lot of it, so better get the recipe right from the start.

Also – and I do realize I’m now in a better financial position to follow this advice, but I’m going to give it anyway to younger hobbyists – do not be stingy when it comes to tools. It’s a thousand times better to invest in a couple of different good-quality tools you can use forever than to have to make due with a limited set of tools. So buy different saws, files, sandpaper, a mold-line scraper, and those rubber and metal sculpting tools. You’ll never regret it. There’s tons of stuff you can get cheap from eBay too, just do some searching. Also, pin your models and experiment with glues other than the standard plastic- and superglue. I use a two-component resin adhesive from UHU for my resin and metal miniatures – and you could throw them against the wall and those bonds still hold.

My final advice to anyone is to strive towards doing your best. If you like your models, than they are perfect. They’re your models after all! There’s beautiful pictures of the ‘Eavy Metal team, and there will always be fellow hobbyists who do something you really admire. It is very easy to let yourself be discouraged by telling yourself that you’ll never be able to achieve their level of painting or building. The trick, in my opinion, is to realize that that is ok. Everybody, everybody, has their own style of painting and modelling. For example, there are several Night Lords armies here on the B&C that I really admire. Those of AlanOfAngels, Brother Heinrich, Elstonation, and Flint13’s forces all spring to mind. They all have their own personal style that I admire but will never be able to achieve. Be it the superbly crisp painting of AlanofAngels, the fantastically detailed conversions of Brother Heinrich, or the menacing posing that Flint13 is able to achieve time and time again, I never compare them to mine though; I just use them as inspiration for building and painting my own miniatures, in my own style.

Please take up the mantle of the interviewer Augustus b'Raass, I for one, fine inspiration from reading of other people's experiences in the hobby and reading their advice and other words of wisdom.

Augustus, please do continue the interviews :tu:

And secondly, I put to you some questions. First the two I always asked, and then a new one.

A. Can you show us your best Chaos model (or that which you are most satisfied with)?

B. What's your dream project?

C. When you do game, what unit do you always take? What does best for you?

Ok, I believe there might be some other solution by the mods, but I´m happy to take up the mantle of interviewer. The idea and execution of this thread deserve to be continued.

To answer Kierdale's questions:

A. Can you show us your best Chaos model (or that which you are most satisfied with)?

That's probably the hardest question to date. I cannot answer that, as I don't have a favourite. So I'll give you the ones I loved converting, painting and basing over the past two years. I'm really proud of my Warhound Titan, because it was a huge project and I really went to town on the details. Other than that I like the Tank Beast predator tank I converted back in April last year. From that same period there's a cultist squad I converted out of servitors, insipred by the first chapter of AD-B's Soul Hunter. I build a gross Night Lords Contemptor corrupted by Nurgle in December, and a true-scale version of AD-B's First Claw back in March, which I'm proud of. Recently I've really enjoyed painting Plague Bearers. And very recently the Bloodcrushers: I love how they turned out, especially because I've had a bit of a fobia of painting Red armour since my failed stint at Word Bearers.

Weirdly, if you'd twist my arm, I'd choose the Servitor Cultists to be my favourite. Simply because I think they're the most fluffy unit I have, because I always field them in games, and because I always get positive comments about them from opponents.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140414_009_zpse61b8ac7.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140414_003_zpse514da10.jpg

B. What's your dream project?

My dream project would be to get a commission for a specific Space Marine army, of say 1850 points, the list build by the client, and getting absolute free reign of the execution of it - meaning the client would have asked me for the job because s/he trusts me. Not because of the possible financial reward (at all), but because it would really test my ability to produce many miniatures to a high standard in a limited, set amount of time - with the additional requirement that I have to meet someone else's expectations, meaning that I wouldn't be the judge of declaring them 'finished', or even 'up to my standard'. I've never done an actual commission by an unknown client (I did some commissions for friends in exchange for models) and I'm not soliciting to get them, but I couldn't imagine a higher reward than making someone else happy with a completely finished army of their choice, and having the pleasure of realizing that I did that. Does that make sense?

C. When you do game, what unit do you always take? What does best for you?

I always take a heldrake and two units of cultists, for obvious reasons. Besides that, a 4-5 man Nurgle Biker unit with either meltaguns or flamers, accompanied by a Nurgle biker lord with power fist and LC and a SoC, are pretty much always in my list, as well as an artillery unit of 3x Rapier Quad Heavy Bolter Battery. You can't beat 18 TL S5 AP4 shots by a unit with BS4 and six ablative T7 3+ saves wounds per cannon, for only 120 points!

• 1 month later...

Archived