So I've finally settled for and bought a bunch of stuff for a salamanders 30k army. The list includes -
Termi praetor
30 tactical marines
2 apothecaries
5 fire drakes
10 pyroclasts
2 contemptors
Spartan
Sicaran

I know I need more troops but for now that's what I have lol.

This is my first work in progress. A termi praetor with his original chest removed and replaced by a drilled out firedrake chest and weapons. As always comments and constructive critisism most appreciated.

med_gallery_84403_10582_40829.jpg

med_gallery_84403_10582_110081.jpg

Honestly, I think your fine in terms of troops up to 2-2.5k points. Two 15 man tactical squads (with I assume the two apothecaries attached) are pretty survivable and since your Firedrakes are also scoring, you have three scoring units to grab objects. I think you're set brother.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/149177-

Can link my gallery pics but I don't know how to post pics on this thread?

Click on the image in your gallery, then right click on the pop up image. There'll be a list with 'Direct link to this image file' at the bottom. Right click that link and pick the option of your choice to copy the images location, then use the 'Image' tag in the message posting menu.

From your gallery...

gallery_84403_10582_4106.jpg

@athrawes - yeah your right plus i'll most likely use the pyroclasts as a support squad until i can get a land raider for them as i have a spare rhino i forgot about.

@carlson793 - thanks for the help mate, I've realized that the iPad hasn't got as many options as posting from my PC haha, my bad.

will have some more pics of a test color scheme up today smile.png

My first test subject. I'll most likely do some weathering and battle damage in the future as i get more confident with my painting skills.

Also i think i should learn how to take good photos as well lol.

med_gallery_84403_10582_793430.jpg

Welcome to the XVIIIth! Looks like a really solid scheme you have going on, and some nice muddy boots (something I still need to do!). You look like you have a decent enough basis for a list there too, and don't forget that you can run your Pyroclasts as troops using the covenant of fire rite of war too. Given you are low on fast attack and Heavy support there really is no reason not to take it, even if you do start off running the pyros as a flamer squad!

Excited to see more.

Kor'Vesh

• 2 weeks later...

@carlson793 - thanks mate, some very cool decals you have and loving the converted primus medicae.

@Brother Heinrich - Cheers mate :D

I had a little more time on my hands than i though so i finished the contemptor.

med_gallery_84403_10582_31734.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So these will be my last contributions to this thread for a little while as i get into the ETL IV with my Warhounds. The following models have been recently completed for aprils monthly challenge.

gallery_84403_10582_599884.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After some debate and realising how fickle i am and how slow i paint i have come to the conclusion that it would just be easier for me to have one topic. So as of now i'll be posting everything here instead of each different army forum which should soon include R&H aswell as 30k warhounds along with my original salamanders.

So to begin with herres a list of the models i have to build me warhounds army -

40 mkiii marines

20 mkii marines

3 spartan assault vehicles

10 red butchers

Khârn the bloody

2 apothecaries

Heres a bit of WIP on my first spartan

med_gallery_84403_10603_597182.jpg

After deciding i enjoy the hobby side more than the playing i thought up a few different character ideas. Heres my first conversion of a praetor/ character in red butcher armour.

med_gallery_84403_10603_112679.jpg

med_gallery_84403_10603_415304.jpg

I stole kharns head for this guy but i also have plan to convert Khârn into a jetpack praetor in the near future.

Archived