Codex: Khorne, next week?

Sception

Where should posts for this book go, as it (rightly) merged Daemons and Marines again.

Considering the only armies I have ever finished are my Khornate ones, odds are high(er) that I will actually stick it out with this book.

I was thinking of starting a commuinty topic during the weekend after I'd pick up the Daemon kin supplament, like we've seen for the 9 Legion & Crimson Slaughter topics.

We - myself, Tenebris & Forte will discuss this.  I'm happy for memeber to post about Daemon Kin topic & constructive discussion on here, the Chaos Marine area & the Daemon part of the forum.  But as said we disucss this.

About the Bloodthirster swooping when it comes in thing, technically, that isn't the case. The FMC rule says that when a model arrives from Deep Strike RESERVE it must arrive swooping. Summoning isn't the same as deep strike reserve, it just uses the same deployment.

Well, one funny thing I saw is that if you give a Chaos Lord the Axe of Ruin, then do Dark Apotheosis on him, you get both a Daemon Prince (with the Axe and warlord trait) and a Bloodthirster. Hmmm, yeah, it works if you do the Fury Unbound on him too, but then you lose the axe (though you get to keep your warlord trait). Two BTs just like that!

Mitosis for the Blood God!

Also, Possessed can buy an Icon of Wrath, full price! It gives +1 to combat resolution, and that's that. They already have fleet, and get furious charge because of Daemon of Khorne.

Another thing regarding the Bloodthirsters (although it doesn't apply now), th new FW flyer has a bit about deep striking flyers saying when they first come you have to choose which mode. 1) it's a forgeworld experimental rule set that applies to one flyer. 2) it doesn't talk about FMC, only vehicles. But it might be a sign of things to come.

About the Bloodthirster swooping when it comes in thing, technically, that isn't the case. The FMC rule says that when a model arrives from Deep Strike RESERVE it must arrive swooping. Summoning isn't the same as deep strike reserve, it just uses the same deployment.

The rules for conjuration say the unit is treated as coming from reserves for all rules purposes. Now you can try and claim that deep striking and coming from reserves is not the same as deep strike reserves but I'd call shenanigans. Now if you asked me straight up if they could choose (as in can we change the rules for our game) I'd say go for it.

Where should posts for this book go, as it (rightly) merged Daemons and Marines again.

Considering the only armies I have ever finished are my Khornate ones, odds are high(er) that I will actually stick it out with this book.

I was thinking of starting a commuinty topic during the weekend after I'd pick up the Daemon kin supplament, like we've seen for the 9 Legion & Crimson Slaughter topics.

We - myself, Tenebris & Forte will discuss this.  I'm happy for memeber to post about Daemon Kin topic & constructive discussion on here, the Chaos Marine area & the Daemon part of the forum.  But as said we disucss this.

Sounds good. I feel I've been waiting for this book for a long time, good, bad, ugly, its is undeniably Khorne. 

Every time I sleep for the day or take a nap I feel far less cranky about it. I swear I am not an infant, I only act like one when I don't get enough sleep. tongue.png

Gonna order me 30 of them puppetswar flesh hound equivalent. Using cavalry bases though, not those stupid round ones flesh hounds appear to come with now. They take up enough room on the table, so screw that!

Whats the complaint though? I'm not saying there is no valid complaint to be made, Khorne knows I've wasted millions of keystrokes on here and Warseer alone, but what is it exactly?

No Legion focus?

No Cult HQ/Elites?

No Buff to the CSM?

I don't care about the lack of legion focus, I personally don't play them, and this was fairly clearly not going to be this book from the very beginning.

I have a few main issues with it.

The first is the lack of cult units.

The second is the lack of new kits, but that isn't so much an issue with this book.

The third is that the rules are really poorly though out. Any summoned bloodthirster probably won't attack until 5th turn at best (2-3 turns after being summoned and wrecking my dude that was already there). No dirge casters, even though they would be hugely helpful and there is no real reason for them not to be there. Grossly expensive points cost for almost everything (cultists for instance). Additionally, the only things that really look effective were stuff I was already doing just fine without this book. The rules are insultingly unplaytested. Still no way to create a rock solid assault character. (AOBF is still superior to basically all the weapons I see).

I was super excited that this release would allow for a real cult of khorne army. But it doesn't really add anything that I can't already do at least as well.

If they had released new kits, I would probably buy those (bloodthirster is a different issue, but I like it, I just don't have that kind of money for something I already have more of than I need). But this book is not a product that I care to give them money for.

EXACTLY man.  That's why I'm so frustrated personally.  Though a semi-silver lining is that appearantly, we can have 2 missile launcher helbrutes.

The Blood Host means, you must take the Slaughter Cult (and every 1+ contained therein) at that point you have a 'Blood Host Detachment' composed of a Slaughter Cult formation, and would get the bonus' for each.

If you wanted a Combined Arms Detachment (1 HQ, 2 Troops) you would miss out on those benefits, but gain increased choice in army composition.

EDIT: A Blood Host is essentially a formation of Formations, like the Necrons had.

EDIT x 2: To give an example list.

Blood Host

- Lord of Slaughter

** Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

- Slaughter Cult

** Chaos Lord, 2 x 8 Bloodletters, 1 x 5 Possessed in a Rhino

- Gorepack

** 15 Fleshhounds, 2 x 3 Bikers

- War Engine 1

** Mauler

- War Engine 2

** Mauler

Combined Arms Detachment - Khorne Daemonkin

HQ

** Chaos Lord

Troops

** 2 x 8 Cultists

Its a valid army of 2 detachments, while only the items contained within the Blood Host, gain the Blood Host command benefits.

Okay I think I was getting confused because I thought the whole detachment was called the slaughtercult. But the slaughtercult is just the 1hq, 1 possessed, 2 troops (minus cultists) and the other optional units. and the detachment as a whole is called the blood host. Does this mean only the units that are in the slaughtercult get the bonus blood tithe benefit, or does every unit in the detachment get it?

Whats the complaint though? I'm not saying there is no valid complaint to be made, Khorne knows I've wasted millions of keystrokes on here and Warseer alone, but what is it exactly?

No Legion focus?

No Cult HQ/Elites?

No Buff to the CSM?

I don't care about the lack of legion focus, I personally don't play them, and this was fairly clearly not going to be this book from the very beginning.

I have a few main issues with it.

The first is the lack of cult units.

The second is the lack of new kits, but that isn't so much an issue with this book.

The third is that the rules are really poorly though out. Any summoned bloodthirster probably won't attack until 5th turn at best (2-3 turns after being summoned and wrecking my dude that was already there). No dirge casters, even though they would be hugely helpful and there is no real reason for them not to be there. Grossly expensive points cost for almost everything (cultists for instance). Additionally, the only things that really look effective were stuff I was already doing just fine without this book. The rules are insultingly unplaytested. Still no way to create a rock solid assault character. (AOBF is still superior to basically all the weapons I see).

I was super excited that this release would allow for a real cult of khorne army. But it doesn't really add anything that I can't already do at least as well.

If they had released new kits, I would probably buy those (bloodthirster is a different issue, but I like it, I just don't have that kind of money for something I already have more of than I need). But this book is not a product that I care to give them money for.

EXACTLY man.  That's why I'm so frustrated personally.  Though a semi-silver lining is that appearantly, we can have 2 missile launcher helbrutes.

I'm so sorry, because I thought the same thing, but if you check out the footnotes you'll see that it's limited to 1 per model. Pretty stupid rule, but it's there.

Okay I think I was getting confused because I thought the whole detachment was called the slaughtercult. But the slaughtercult is just the 1hq, 1 possessed, 2 troops (minus cultists) and the other optional units. and the detachment as a whole is called the blood host. Does this mean only the units that are in the slaughtercult get the bonus blood tithe benefit, or does every unit in the detachment get it?

Only the Blood Host is detachment wide.

I am curious if an army with enough flesh hounds, mounted HQs, and maulerfiends added to the mandatory stuff can generate enough points to double up on summoning both of the non HQ options every turn. If an FAQ adds Fire Raptors, that would be huge as well for taking a second detachment as combined arms.

The only strong option I see is an extremely fast army that can kill hordes and vehicles, with the ability to summon two units a turn without investing in psychic dice.

Archived