+++ BROTHERHOOD OF ANGELS 2015 +++

BTW, how do you guys get that purty formatting with text boxes? My HTML-fu is fairly lacking in this regard.

Do you mean the headers for each section, like I've done or something else?

BTW, how do you guys get that purty formatting with text boxes? My HTML-fu is fairly lacking in this regard.

Do you mean the headers for each section, like I've done or something else?

Headers or those text boxes displaced to the right on some other articles.

If I wasn't feeling lazy, I'd probably explain it point for point but for now you can find a lot of what you need in this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/251189-diy-article-templates/?do=findComment&comment=3045004

Bear in mind there are a lot of filler posts which you may need to skip past. If anything isn't working right, let me know and I'll try to find you a work around. :)

Grand Master Belial,

I have completed initial work on my Sentient Angels Chapter and finally managed to get the URLs to work for pictures.

Let me know what I need to do to move on from WIP category.  Currently working on my first tactical squad and Chapter Master. 

Waiting now on new DA Codex.....

Cheers!

Grand Master Belial,

I have completed initial work on my Sentient Angels Chapter and finally managed to get the URLs to work for pictures.

Let me know what I need to do to move on from WIP category.  Currently working on my first tactical squad and Chapter Master. 

Cheers!

The first three links to the photos are just the HTML links and need the image tags.

The following sections do not seem to be present: 

CHAPTER HOME WORLD/FLEET: Are the Sentient Angels based on the Rock or on vessels.

PRESENT ACTIVITIES: What are the Sentient Angels doing now? Are they active in a hunt?

ROLL OF HONOR: Short descriptions of famous battles and outcomes in the Sentient Angel's history.

HONORS, RELICS, DECORATIONS AND AWARDS: Are the marines given something before they return to their chapter?

LOCAL RITUALS: Is there a ritual that the brothers undergo when they joint the Sentient Angels? I can see something leading to the scarlet painting of sections of the armor. The brother would draw their own blood and dab it over the DA badge or their old chapter badge leading to the blood red logo and red hands.

BELIEFS: It was hinted at in the history, but perhaps something from the Sentient Angels point of view.

The sections marked in green would be enough to mark this as complete.

Grand Master Belial,

Cheers!

The first three links to the photos are just the HTML links and need the image tags.

The following sections do not seem to be present: 

CHAPTER HOME WORLD/FLEET: Are the Sentient Angels based on the Rock or on vessels.

PRESENT ACTIVITIES: What are the Sentient Angels doing now? Are they active in a hunt?ROLL OF HONOR: Short descriptions of famous battles and outcomes in the Sentient Angel's history.HONORS, RELICS, DECORATIONS AND AWARDS: Are the marines given something before they return to their chapter? LOCAL RITUALS: Is there a ritual that the brothers undergo when they joint the Sentient Angels? I can see something leading to the scarlet painting of sections of the armor. The brother would draw their own blood and dab it over the DA badge or their old chapter badge leading to the blood red logo and red hands. BELIEFS: It was hinted at in the history, but perhaps something from the Sentient Angels point of view.

The sections marked in green would be enough to mark this as complete.

WILCO!

Unfortunately I have to remove myself from this contest of lore.  I am in the middle of so much at work as it is and I have to prepare to PCS (military move) late July.  Good luck to everyone though and have fun!  Happy hunting happy gaming!

I know the feeling about PCSing, best of luck getting through the muck of real life.

When all is settled down, you can come back and finish your chapter or wait until the next BotA competition. :wink:

I know the feeling about PCSing, best of luck getting through the muck of real life.

When all is settled down, you can come back and finish your chapter or wait until the next BotA competition. :wink:

Awesome!!  Thank you, you guys are great!!

With two and a half weeks left in this competition, here is where we stand ...

OATH BEARERS

We have a lot of WIP but let's see if we can't see some of these be completed soon. I know a few are very close.

Unfortunately I have to remove myself from this contest of lore.  I am in the middle of so much at work as it is and I have to prepare to PCS (military move) late July.  Good luck to everyone though and have fun!  Happy hunting happy gaming!

Hey Brother best of Luck on the PCS.  Hope you got a good stationing.   I myself am involuntarily finishing up a 27 year career within the next few months.  So broke they are retiring me to a Ven Dread.

Hope to see you back on here soon.

Never Forget! Never Forgive!

Grand Master Belial,

I wish to declare my work complete.  I believe I have answered your requirements from before and managed to add my pictures.  Please review and let me know if I need any additional input.  I still may add to my thread until you close out the work this go round, but want to make sure the Sentient Angels will be listed among the DA Successors Rolls of Honor.

Yes you have. That is a intringing chapter you have there.

Thanks. It flows with the story line in the Codex that those who can't come to terms are never seen again...... Figured a group of Sentient Angels with Blood Red helms and Grieves coming to take you away goes along with that imagery.

My Hospitallers are almost done. Mostly just trying to flesh out some of the origin material, which surprisingly has been the hardest part

Next is finding time to actually type it all out...

Not really sure what to do with the Zealots....

I feel they are kind of in limbo, they are basically the SoB Marine equivalent.

You want to post up the WIP and let's see if we can't find something to mold the Zealots into something more?

Name: Knights of Vengeance / Zealots of the Emperor

Founding Chapter: Angels of Vengeance 

Founding: 11th 892.M35

Chapter Master: Lord Confessor Alexei Pash

Homeworld: Vaska

Fortress-Monastery: Spire of Pravda

Main Colours: Bone & Dark Gray

Speciality: Chaplains / Company Veterans

Battle Cry: Your sins are many!

Estimated Strength: 600+

Origins

As has been documented the High Lords of Terra do not like to use the pure geneseed of the Dark Angels so as to why they sanctioned the use this time round is a question that they refuse to answer. 

The honour of founding the Chapter fell to Supreme Grand Master Conrad Cabriel of the Angels of Vengeance. With enough geneseed to make 200 Space Marines. Conrad selected his 6th Company to found the new Chapter. 

Under the leadership of Kadmiel the Knights of Vengeance as he named them, set out from the Rock in the Battle Barge Ferrum Angelus to find a world to claim for their new Homeworld.

When the Knights of Vengeance made planet fall the then Lord Confessor of Vaska confronted the Space Marines and stood toe to toe with Kadmiel. So impressed with the fire and steel in his eyes, not once did he turn his gaze. 

Kadmiel declared rites of conquest after hours of negotiations.

Homeworld

Vaska is located in Segmentum Obscurus, its a mountainous ice planet. The population are fanatics in their belief in the Emperor being a God, normally this would not be a suitable Astartes but the people are tough and zealous.

The planet has very little in the way of overground travel, most Cites and Towns are connected by vast underground tunnels only the most fanatical travel above ground this includes all the Confessors. 

There is no name for the continents, the City States control their own territory. As of 999.M41 there are 23 States. The largest of these is Kazan with a population of 150 million people. There is very little on the surface of the planet, most cities and towns are built underground, they are very similar to Hives on worlds like Necromunda. With the planet being frozen massive machines dot the planet pumping fresh water into the Cities. 

Priests known as Confessors travel from Town to Town, City to City, preaching the Word of the Emperor, from the smallest village to the biggest cities all have churches dedicated to the Emperor. It is rare to find any non believer. 

The Chapters Fortress-Monastery is a cliff side complex on the eastern mountain range near Kazan.

Combat Doctrine

The Knights of Vengeance wage war like Fanatics, the Chapter has a very high proportion of Chaplains, they make great use of Flame based weapons. Company Veterans are known to take to war carrying ornate flamers.

Land Raider Redeemers play a big part in their warfare, usually to transport all veterans. Devastators are usually armed with Multi-Meltas. 

Like all other members of the Unforgiven the Knights of Vengeance make extensive use of Terminators in their 1st Company. And their 2nd Company functions like a standard battle company now.

Beliefs

As more recruits came from Vaska, there was a trend developing in the Chapter. This came to the attention of the other Unforgiven chapters that the Knights of Vengeance were becoming more and more zealous in their worship of the Emperor as a God. Seeing this as a threat in putting worship above what is considered more important than hunting the Fallen. The Angels of Vengeance Supreme Grand Master put forth a cleansing solution for the Knights. 

The Knights were given the ultimatum to surrender their Inner Circle for mind wiping or to be destroyed, the current Supreme Grand Master at the time took the first option. After a few centuries the Chapters Inner Circle is nothing but myth and rumour. With this their status of one of the Unforgiven is in doubt.

As the Chapter grew more zealous it has been noted that they are not to dissimilar to the Adepta Sororitas, in fact its not surprising to find the Zealots of the Emperor there, The Chaplains of the Chapter have also been known to study under various members of the Ecclesiarchy who visit Vaska. 

Gene-seed

The Zealots of the Emperor were given stocks of the Angels of Vengeance, which is turn is the 1st Legion. Next to the Ultramarines there is no purer Gene-seed. 

Organisation

Before the mind wipe the Chapter functioned exactly like their parent Chapter the Angels of Vengeance, after this the organisation of the Chapter changed quite dramatically.

Now the Zealots make heavy use of Chaplains it it not surprising to have the Chapter Master also be a Chaplain, Terminators are still used for close range fire. Their Ravenwing company has now become more like a Battle Company. 

Fleet Assets

Ferrum Angelus – Battle Barge and Flagship

The Zeal of Vaska – Battle Barge

Heroes of Note

Lord Confessor Alexei Pash

Alexei has been the current Chapter Master since 724.M41, Considered to be one of the finest Weapon Masters the Chapter has ever had. He is also one of the most senior Chaplain, when one of the Chaplains becomes the Chapter Master he also takes on the title of Lord Confessor.

Of all the weapons he uses his weapon of choice is the Black Star Mace, a relic from the Angels of Vengeance. 

Alexei embodies the Chapters zealous behaviour, His worship of the Emperor gives him the belief he will not fall to heretics or fall in his duty. 

Notable Battles

243.M37 - The Fall of Yudine VI

Joint forces of the Order of the Blessed Saint and the Knights of Vengeance answer a distress call from a Cardinal of the Ecclesiarchy, Chaos forces led by a Plague Lord called Gellux Foulblood. The Knights of Vengeance took to the forces of Nurgle with Fire and Zeal. It was noted by the Cannoness Felicia that the Knights were true zealots of the Emperor, something the Chapter Master took to heart. After the battle the Chapter Master held council with his senior Captains and they agreed to change their name to something more fitting their beliefs and ideals, so they became known as the Zealots of the Emperor.

Edited by Brother Arkley

In many ways, they sound like the Redeemers from Necromunda with gene-seed and armor.

A minor oddity of note, they hail from an ice world but love their fire. Perhaps there is another Song of Fire and Ice to be told?

Okay, the chapter is in near constant contact with priests as they travel above ground between the cities. Sounds like the chapter's fortress is NOT connected to the underground tunnels. This could mean the chapter has free reign of the surface and performs all of its training in the cold and also oversees the safety of those priests traveling between cities. Not sure if the priests would recruit for the chapter or if the Chaplains lead the planet in their worship of the Emperor and travel as priests as well to the populace.

Somewhere there needs to be a large supply of promethium to fuel the flame wrapons of the chapter; be it trapped in the ice or on a moon.

In some ways, I see them taking after the Black Templars and using tabards instead of robes. Like the Black Templars, the Zealots have little outposts dotting the planet to assist the travelers over land with a 5-man squad stationed to guard the paths. Adding all of these brothers up would have the chapter be over strength.

Instead of a mind wipe of the Inner Circle, how about they are not replaced as they fall in battle and the last survivor will disappear from the chapter (to return to the Angels of Vengeance with the chronicles of the chapter's exploits on the Fallen).

"As the Astronomicon is the light of the Emperor, so will we become a Brazier in the cold dark for all who would follow the Emperor's light."

Vaska could be a shrine world and the chapter was set up as guardians of the planet. The High Lords would have seen the Piety of the Unforgiven and that helped get their geneseed selected over the Ultramarines. The Angels of Vengeance would then become the mentors for the chapter as a whole and not just the 6th Company.

With the fall of the Inner Circle within the chapter, the special assignments given to the Second Company have dried up. With the priests perferring to walk between cities, the need for bikes diminished and the company reverted to a codex Battle Company even though they hold most of the bikes and speeders.

Normally, Astartes see themselves as Sons of the Emperor and that helps defer them away from the practice of the God-Emperor. The constant preachings of the priests and the fact that the recruits were from the populace of Vaska began the process of changing the minds of the marines into the Zealots.

Perhaps change the colors to black and orange or red and yellow like the Redeemers?

Sorry for the brain-storm session with random ideas. Hopefully there is some stuff here to mold the chapter into something akin to loyal Word Bearers with a Black Templar flair.

Edited by Grand Master Belial

Instead all being mind wiped their inner circle being a myth maybe because the Chaplains (Inner Circle) meet on their overland journeys, secretly retaining the zealousness, hiding it from the Angels of Vengeance.

I also like the idea they were chosen to guard a mysterious relic hidden deep with in the frozen planets core.

I agree the loving fire your Promethium could come from the ice as it changes states directly from a solid to a gaseous form when heated. Or some wicked flame breathing super turkey that lives on the surface (like those used by Chaos Marines). This could be the means to a ritual in which the basic tactical marine gains entry into the first company. The zealous marine upon selection,would be sent to successfully obtain a supply of promethium from the frozen plains,with which to charge his newly issued flamer weapon upon successful return and induction into the first company.

Maybe expand on the Sororitas line of thought causing them to change their use of the second company to better match or potentially allow the more battle inclined Sisters to join that company in battle by sharing tactics. Would also allow,you to develop the line for other battles fought for relics or echlisiarchy led expeditions used to bring the righteous word to the masses, or maybe to progress to the second company could be to bed or wed a sister. Ok that probably went to far, but you get the line of thought.

I hope some of this may help and if you have issues with adding URLs let me know I am a pro now.

Now go flail yourself twenty times for seeing that image of the sisters in your mind.

@GMB & Master Sindiferous.

I will take any help I can :smile.:

In many ways, they sound like the Redeemers from Necromunda with gene-seed and armor.

A minor oddity of note, they hail from an ice world but love their fire. Perhaps there is another Song of Fire and Ice to be told?

Well I was going for a Space Marine Chapter that was a mix between SoB, Salamanders and BT. Zealous with the love of fire.

Okay, the chapter is in near constant contact with priests as they travel above ground between the cities. Sounds like the chapter's fortress is NOT connected to the underground tunnels. This could mean the chapter has free reign of the surface and performs all of its training in the cold and also oversees the safety of those priests traveling between cities. Not sure if the priests would recruit for the chapter or if the Chaplains lead the planet in their worship of the Emperor and travel as priests as well to the populace.

That could work journeyman Chaplains in order to become Confessor Chaplains they will wonder the world spreading the word of the God-Emperor?

Somewhere there needs to be a large supply of promethium to fuel the flame weapons of the chapter; be it trapped in the ice or on a moon.

Yeah I like that idea.

In some ways, I see them taking after the Black Templars and using tabards instead of robes. Like the Black Templars, the Zealots have little outposts dotting the planet to assist the travelers over land with a 5-man squad stationed to guard the paths. Adding all of these brothers up would have the chapter be over strength.

Again Tabards would make sense, but Chaplains always in robes? Again the 5 man squads are picked from the more zealous maybe future Chaplains? The thing is I see the whole chapter as very religious.

Instead of a mind wipe of the Inner Circle, how about they are not replaced as they fall in battle and the last survivor will disappear from the chapter (to return to the Angels of Vengeance with the chronicles of the chapter's exploits on the Fallen).

Thats a good idea too, it could also give rise to the first Lord Confessor becoming the Chapter Master.

"As the Astronomicon is the light of the Emperor, so will we become a Brazier in the cold dark for all who would follow the Emperor's light."

ooo thats stolen :smile.:

Vaska could be a shrine world and the chapter was set up as guardians of the planet. The High Lords would have seen the Piety of the Unforgiven and that helped get their geneseed selected over the Ultramarines. The Angels of Vengeance would then become the mentors for the chapter as a whole and not just the 6th Company.

I know nothing about shrine worlds but it sounds a cool idea.

With the fall of the Inner Circle within the chapter, the special assignments given to the Second Company have dried up. With the priests perferring to walk between cities, the need for bikes diminished and the company reverted to a codex Battle Company even though they hold most of the bikes and speeders.

Looking at Master S's idea about SoB joining the Company might be a interesting idea?

Normally, Astartes see themselves as Sons of the Emperor and that helps defer them away from the practice of the God-Emperor. The constant preachings of the priests and the fact that the recruits were from the populace of Vaska began the process of changing the minds of the marines into the Zealots.

Yeah these guys have to believe the Emperor is a God, (Cool before the BT did it :tongue.:)

Perhaps change the colors to black and orange or red and yellow like the Redeemers?

Legion of the Damned without the bones?

Sorry for the brain-storm session with random ideas. Hopefully there is some stuff here to mold the chapter into something akin to loyal Word Bearers with a Black Templar flair.

Nah man your brain storming is great :smile.: 

Loyal Word Bearers was my original idea for them. 

Instead all being mind wiped their inner circle being a myth maybe because the Chaplains (Inner Circle) meet on their overland journeys, secretly retaining the zealousness, hiding it from the Angels of Vengeance.

I think GMB idea of them Dying out and the last member returning to the AoV, which in turn gives them their first Lord Confessor (Chaplain/Chapter Master) is the way to go

I also like the idea they were chosen to guard a mysterious relic hidden deep with in the frozen planets core.

Could this be tied to the Shrine world idea?

I agree the loving fire your Promethium could come from the ice as it changes states directly from a solid to a gaseous form when heated. Or some wicked flame breathing super turkey that lives on the surface (like those used by Chaos Marines). This could be the means to a ritual in which the basic tactical marine gains entry into the first company. The zealous marine upon selection,would be sent to successfully obtain a supply of promethium from the frozen plains,with which to charge his newly issued flamer weapon upon successful return and induction into the first company.

YEah I like the idea of a ritual like that for the whole chapter maybe not just 1st Company? 

Maybe expand on the Sororitas line of thought causing them to change their use of the second company to better match or potentially allow the more battle inclined Sisters to join that company in battle by sharing tactics. Would also allow,you to develop the line for other battles fought for relics or echlisiarchy led expeditions used to bring the righteous word to the masses, or maybe to progress to the second company could be to bed or wed a sister. Ok that probably went to far, but you get the line of thought.

I like the idea of them joining the 2nd Company, the last part might be stretching it :smile.:

I hope some of this may help and if you have issues with adding URLs let me know I am a pro now.

Now go flail yourself twenty times for seeing that image of the sisters in your mind.

LOL :smile.: And Thank you :smile.: