The Liber Challenge part 1 - Adepta Sororitas Order

Aqui

Been looking forward to this!

I, Lysimachus, vow to create an Adeptus Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and those who still fight in the Emperor's name. This oath, written before the eyes of my Brothers and my Emperor on this day of the Liberalia Martiale, is bound by blood. Ave Imperator!

Vow recorded! :thumbsup:

Hmm.

I've hit a slight stumbling block in my cunning plan.

I haven't the faintest idea how many Sisters are typically in an Order.

...Also I have no idea how they normally go about recruitment.

I can see this is going to take some serious research! :laugh.:

So much for "I'll get started on the new topic tonight", at any rate. :sweat:

Hmm.

I do believe Aqui has started a thread over in the Sororitas subforum that may very well help you. ;)

Since you joined mine, I should join yours.

"I, Grand Master Belial, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Your will be done."

Since you joined mine, I should join yours.

"I, Grand Master Belial, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Your will be done."

Welcome! :thumbsup: Vow added.

Hmm.

That varies. Some sources say a hundred, others say a lot more. You could find a number (as long as it's not outrageously high) and it wouldn't be too far out :smile.:

As far as I know the lions share of Sisters are orphans and are sent from the Schola Progenium. It wouldn't be a long stretch to say that some Orders recruit from planets closer to them if they are on one of the fringes of the Imperium.

The Lexicanum entry has a lot of information :smile.:

Hmm.

So much for "I'll get started on the new topic tonight", at any rate. :sweat:

I do believe Aqui has started a thread over in the Sororitas subforum that may very well help you. ;)

Adding onto this, if anyone has questions about what goes into a Sororitas Order, don't be afraid to ask in a thread like what Olis here just linked, or to create your own.

I'm sure many of us have similar questions and will stand to benefit.

Hmm.

So much for "I'll get started on the new topic tonight", at any rate. :sweat:

I do believe Aqui has started a thread over in the Sororitas subforum that may very well help you. :wink:

Adding onto this, if anyone has questions about what goes into a Sororitas Order, don't be afraid to ask in a thread like what Olis here just linked, or to create your own.

I'm sure many of us have similar questions and will stand to benefit.

Absolutely :thumbsup: It's one of the side effects of inter forum challenges - members get to see what other subforums are doing and (hopefully) get their experiences of the hobby (and the board at large) expanded :happy.:

+++ To: ECCLESIARCH DAECIS XIV +++
+++ From: IMELDA ECRIRE, CANONESS OF THE ORDER OF THE SACRED TOME +++
+++ Subject: NOTARISED PETITION TO FOUND A ORDER +++

+++ Dated: 4/564978.M41 +++

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

Most high Ecclesiarch, praised of the Emperor,

I have been approached by a collection of Seekers of my mission who believe they have discovered a sacred relic of Saint Arabella, our beloved Companion, on the world of Dystry in the Medusa subsector of the Segmentum Obscurus. Due to the importance of this find and the proximity of the most holy homeworld of the Iron Hands chapter, I have included my recommendations for an Order Militant to be dispatched to protect the mission as they investigate the circumstances that brought our beloved Companion to this world.

Your faithful servant,

Imelda Ecrire

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++

+++ To: CANONESS ECRIRE +++
+++ From: THE OFFICE OF THE ECCLESIARCH +++
+++ Subject: NOTARISED PETITION TO FOUND A ORDER +++

+++ Dated: 1/588976.M41 +++

+++ MESSAGE BEGINS +++

Canoness Ecrire,

The Ecclesiarch sends his greetings and, in light of the information, has decreed the founding of a minor Order to complete this task. A mission of one hundred Sisters, drawn primarily from the Order of the Sacred Rose, has been dispatched to Dystry to rendezvous with your Seekers. They are now operating under the blessed banner of the Order of Locked Shield.

Praise the Emperor!

Malcor Valiant, Highest Secretary to his Excellence the Ecclesiarch, Daecis XI

+++ MESSAGE ENDS +++
Edited by *Furyou Miko

I, zamiel, vow to document an Order Minoris of the Adepta Sororitas and post the results in the name of the martyred Daughters and to Him on Earth. His will be done.

I, TDF, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Failure will result in penance until I receive absolution from the God-Emperor of Mankind. Victory is my duty, which is reward enough.

The finished article should include the following:

Order name

Home planet

Name of its Founder

Notable Sisters

History

Significant battles joined

So, i though i might as well submit some of the details i know already. Very new user so i'm sorry if this had to be in a much more role-playing format, in wich case it would take me a few more days to provide.

Order name: Order Of Our Lady Tyche Fortuna

Home planet: Galatea XII

Name of its Founder: Sister Clare

Notable Sisters: Curia Advance Dae, Canoness-Preceptor Teresa, Nunciate Advance Ermita,

History: Initially a Commandery of the Order of Our Martyred Lady spreading the Imperial truth through the Aten III system and area of Segmentum Obscurus, the Claidheam-mor system was found to have a suitable Hive-world for the Adeptus Ministorum to place recruitment facilities as the Imperial truth was widely spread and the planet could instantly be marked as a Shrine-World in imperial records. The world of Galatea XII was chosen as a founding for a new Order for the defence of the system and spread of the Imperial thruth through the facilites already present. The Commandery had to return Core-wards and left a simple mission led by a Battle-Sister named Clare, promoted through time, to oversee the system and lead the new Order.

Significant battles joined:

- Necron awakening on Shrine-World Ilena II

- The Division of Ketos V campaign

I've got most of my backstory, etc memorised, but i never got it down on paper :tongue.:

Also, not sure what regulations are for cross-forum posting, but pictures of my Order are Here. (I would just use those pictures here anyway, so it's just down to hosting, really)

And the Space Marine Painter version:

sister.php?bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=0000

Edited by BlackTalos

sister.php?bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=0000

I really like that colour scheme, BlackTalos.

Thanks!

My first army was Dark Angels but i really like the Martyred Lady scheme, so i just went for a Robes colour swap. I'm just about average at painting, but the "black" armour was as close as i could get to the Martyred Lady scheme GW uses.

They've turned out more "Tron" though it seems....

Oh and there is a pile of fluff behind the DA Chapter and Sisters Interaction, but i have not got tons of time to write it all up at the moment :dry.:

I kinda like the story of the Disgraced Sisters of the Pure Heart (for all the Heresy it contains... lol). "So good that they are actually on the wrong side", very nice.

I just felt like pointing out some fluff in case, when you say:
"the Sisters cloud their spirit presence from the denizens of the warp"

Are they Psychic Nulls? Or do you mean that the strong Pshychic presence of the Sisters "hide" the weaker presence of the Eldar?

Cause Sisters of Silence were Null, but the Battle sisters no longer :wacko.: