INTRO & INFO:

Hey guys, so I've been really lost for a while now as to what I wanted to do with my Chaos Space Marines, I'm glad to say (with the help of a friend) I've managed to get really (disturbingly) into the Sons of Malice.

A little bit of info on the Sons of Malice...

From what I recall they were introduced as a warband in 3rd edition (they might have been earlier, but that's the earliest I can recall them). They were always fascinating I think to many Chaos fans back then being "those white and black chaos marines".

They also have some very very fascinating lore. I mean... they worship a fifth Chaos God! However this I believe has also led to them being a bit estranged by GW. From what I recall Malal (the original name of the God, who I believe is now simply called Malice) was kinda phased out due to some copyright bs, I don't know. They have also been out of the Chaos dex since 3rd (or 3.5) and only exist on Lexicanum and 40k wiki now. They do have a fascinating short story from Black Library called The Labyrinth (which I highly recommend).

http://oi61.tinypic.com/9tcnko.jpg

Banner from the Loyalist era? Scelus is their homeworld.

THEIR STORY:

The idea is: these guys were loyal honourable marines... who had a slight tendency towards cannibalism (WHAT!?). So an Inquisitor got freaked out, came back to wipe them out with Sisters of Battle (remember that army?) and lost... (also the Inquisitor got eaten by them in ritual sacrifice, wee!).

Needless to say the Imperium wasn't too happy and proceeded to sh*t kick them from their planet and into exile, labelling them as traitor Astartes. These guys now hating the Imperium, but still hating Chaos Marines, found a special God friend called Malice. Who is basically the Chaos God of Anarchy and Terror (kinda like a Chaos God of "Chaos" itself). Malal hates the other Gods, and wants to rise himself (I guess, there's so little fluff, he may just like causing havoc). So his adopted Sons worship him, make him more powerful, and in return get a lot of sweet blessings and love from old Mal.

They hate Chaos Space Marines and Loyalist Space Marines with equal fervour, and probably haven't been wiped out yet since they're so obscure. They want to reclaim their homeworld, and they probably want their new God daddy to get the proper respect he deserves.

THE ACTUAL [WIP] BIT:

Ok so, thats the info I put up for people who don't know about them, from here on will be pics and logs I hope to grow featuring the army.

I apologize for the quality of the next two picture, they are :cuss pics I took of my army just to show a friend some time ago.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/fXwAAOSw7aBVCJ40/$_27.JPG

Chaos Land Raider, Defiler, 3 Oblis, 3 Chaos Bikes, Aspiring Champion, Lucius the Eternal, Daemon Prince

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/VaIAAOSwBahVCJ4u/$_27.JPG

A lot more Chaos.

This is my army as it stands (most of it anyways, more of it remains in boxes for now). I really want to get all this stuff painted, want to finish 10-15 Chaos Space Marines first. Here is the actual painting progress of the warband right now:

11053274_10155314410575223_4283704311160

First guy, very "Test Model" syndrome, was testing techniques, colours, etc etc

11070514_10155314410940223_1568625461314

Here is a group pic of what I managed to finish over the past day:

10645317_10155318878210223_4572863278531

I really love the way these guys came out... hope they all end up as well... Feel I may need to do some weathering effects later but I'm enjoying it very much now.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/f3c84k.jpg

Two guys I'm in the process of finishing

The plan is to get a basic 500 point army fully painted, go have a few small games with it and keep bumping it up by 500 points.

I do have a request, a call for help if you will...

I require Sons of Malice transfer sheets but don't know where to get them. Do we have those on this site?

Also if you have some hidden shreds of Sons of Malice lore, do share! I love these guys, and I'm tired of everyone else... so I'll be having fun killing ALLL OF YOUUU

Also if you have any questions yourself please feel free to ask, or any recommendations or even play-style ideas.

Regards

I once thought of doing a "Deathwatch" army to play with any codex I wanted to use.

Sons of Malice would be an almost better candidate. Any loyal/traitor space marine codex to use, any conversion of space marine models is possible...

...too too tempting. devil.gif

One of the ideas I had was to just use the regular Space Marines dex... I mean they have some sweet stuff in there... But yeah Sons of Malice are def a "multi-Codex" Space Marine faction. Friend recommended I use Space Wolf rules with them which I may do. Either way, its pretty much anything goes with them i'd say. 

No Mark of Malice exists, but since he is the god of Terror, the Crimson Slaughter dex seems like it could be fun. Armywide Fear, plus neat buffs for Possessed (Malice's weak semi-daemons? because he can't make his own). 

Actaully, there was some concept art for Malice's daemons, but then the creators stopped working for GW and GW didn't get permission to use Malal. So he faded away and was replaced by Malice, who survives by having a very vague background.

Is that an Amon Amarth flag next to your cabinet?

Looking forward to seeing a helbrute in these colours!

Hahaha, yeah it's Amon Amarth. The first guy I posted it also above the Fate of the Norns CD

Best band in the world

Actaully, there was some concept art for Malice's daemons, but then the creators stopped working for GW and GW didn't get permission to use Malal. So he faded away and was replaced by Malice, who survives by having a very vague background.

Man, hearing that is tragic. I hope the Sons of Malice get some more attention one day. 

Archived