Can I make a suggestion WF?

Don't strip the tank. That model is a memory back to starting out in the hobby, and it would be a shame to lose that connection.

Make good & freshen up the paint job, weather and shade it. It will be a proper relic of your regiment :smile.:

I thought about it, but the model is in dire need of stripping as the paint coats aren't very good (and are too thick). Perhaps in honour of it I can repaint the paint scheme with the new green? Could be the start of a tank camouflage scheme I've been thinking about on and off for years...

It's about time you had an army thread! :biggrin.:

How about editing in some background into the first post too?

When do we get to see a full army shot of all that has been completed? :smile.:

That's a good idea, I'll get to work on that when I've not got painting free time. As for an army shot... I don't have a camera good enough for the whole lot. Plus it'd take a while to get everything out for photographing. Again it's something I should do so I'll put it on the list :smile.:

That tank model brings back memories...and reinforces my gratitude for the new Russ STC that gets a tank on the table in half the time using 1/3 the parts!

Yes, painful memories :tongue.:

My time has been consumed of late, mostly rushing out a model for the Inquisition challenge but I did squeeze a little bit of work in on the HWTS:

gallery_30308_10604_34080.jpg

So much for extended daylight thanks to BST... just as well there's not much to see yet. I've sorted the green now just got to pick out the metal and sandbags and we'll be ready for the wash - then it's camouflage time and they'll be almost done :)

Thanks Meh, for some reason HWT autocannons have always had green cowling instead of the black. No idea why but there you go :P I will soon have a few less projects to handle so when I get the free time for hobby I should get them done quite quickly :) I may be mistaken but I can't think of any other Guard models that need repainting aside from the Russ of days gone by...

I'm probably wrong though, after all these years of repainting I can't imagine ever finishing :lol:

Hah, not in mine either it seems as it will only be the repainting I'm finished with so I'm not including the models still in their box (which is admittedly few) or that haven't really been started. Off the top of my head is a squad of old Ratlings, the other two Bullgryns, a box of Scions, the two blisters already posted and a Valkyrie along with the old Shadowsword box. So no need to buy me any models just yet :laugh.:

So no need to buy me any models just yet :laugh.:

Yeah tried to tell myself that 6 months ago. Somehow ened up with 30 iron guard and two iron HWT and the Deathstorm Box Set.

How have you achieved that base effect? They are looking good tho Lord Commissar

We never learn ;) What base effect are you talking about baz? The base is in the middle of the repaint, the black is the base coat before the colours are applied. The grass is normally done last but it's less hassle to repaint the base rather than scrape it all off to start again. The sand used is the old GW one that had a mixture of some larger bits in which they've sadly long stopped doing.

The sandbags are stock from the HWT sprues :)

Yeah I see how it could look that way as it's not normal to have the grass on at the start - a poor picture doesn't help! For the record it's a black base coat with an over brush of Bestial Brown and then a highlight over brush of Snakebite Leather. Then a generous Agrax Earthshade, base sides with Steel Legion Drab (formally Graveyard Earth) and then GW's (old?) static grass. It's not the most exciting of bases but I've used it for most of my armies for years now :)

If you run out of the static grass Jarvis used to supply GWS with it and then GWS repackaged it. So you can still get it from any good model train shop stocking Jarvis.

Thanks, I'm doing ok for grass but that will be very useful as I'll have some large bases to do that will no doubt be changing my grass levels :P

As for the ETL I'm saving most things but it depends how much time I have as to what I vow. Obviously I will try and get in as much as I can! :D

• 3 weeks later...

There are advantages to being off from work; namely nothing stopping me getting my glue out :wink: The super heavy race preliminaries have started! :P

gallery_30308_10714_64635.jpg

gallery_30308_10714_21363.jpg

Once again being cheap and lazy clever and efficient I have modified the tutorial to use less magnets so that's saving me as my magnet supply is limited in both scope and number currently. I will document the process when I do the right track :smile.: I won't need as many as the tutorial as this is the old kit without the Baneblade stuff to worry about but I've not really poked the main hull part of the tutorial so we'll see how my supply does :tongue.: I reckon there's enough for this weekend so I can gauge how many more I need and hopefully have an order of magnets winging their way to me for next weekend :smile.:

It is good to be working on a large model again! If I'm really lucky I'll have time to get my Knight in too but we'll have to see how it goes. I want to get my Ratlings stripped and repainted so they should be a good second vow :biggrin.:

Nice start :thumbsup:

The super heavy race preliminaries have started! :tongue.:

Not to make you feel inadequate or anything but I have just started to prime mine ;)

Once again being cheap and lazy clever and efficient I have modified the tutorial to use less magnets

I think I know which modifications you made - cause I have modified mine too :smile.:

No magnets in the side plates, just 1 on the top part?? Saves loads of the little ones. I will get around to editing the tutorial soon :wink:

Need these

gallery_62353_10053_931.jpg

And one of these in the top of each hull plate

gallery_62353_10053_24748.jpg

don't need these

gallery_62353_10053_45192.jpg

Edited by elmo