Thanks comrades! It took me enough years to settle on a colour scheme but better late than never :wink: It's a bronze rather than gold, that's on the sword hilt :) I wanted something a little different to the usual gold I'd go for, and a bronze is similar and I think being less "yellow" works better with the blue I have :)

Thanks comrades! :D The colours work really nicely, and strangely it didn't take too long to settle on the scheme either - which is very unusual for me :tongue.: Perhaps the Emperor's hand was present...

It's not too hard to paint which is the cherry on top, though perhaps it feels that way as I'm more used to painting halved power armour these days but I shouldn't get too distracted as I have plenty of Stormies who need paint :wink:

Thanks Nico, it's about 25 years now :lol: I still look at that Russ from time to time, but the scale of the work is putting me off. I think I'll save it for when I've cleared the Stormies off my list as that will be a good point of progress on the (Guard) backlog. The tank must be Toughness 10 with the paint :P

This year is exactly 20 years of GW games for me, although I think it wasn't until late 2000/early 2001 that I started into 40K. I don't have any of my original models around anymore, but there's massive difference between those and my current projects.

They're better than the previous ones, and miles better than the old inks for coverage - liquid talent indeed :P

My Guard have a strong link to the Inquisition (as do all my loyalist armies), so the Stormies straddle the line between Guard and Inquisition so the red works neatly there (aside from being the Inquisitor Lord's personal colour).

You're right in that you need more Guard projects ;) Stormies would be a great addition and let you play with your theme in different ways :)

• 3 weeks later...

Solid progress has been made, they're almost to the finish line :thumbsup:

gallery_30308_15503_17006.jpg

Plasma worked out quite well in the end but I can improve on it next time, I'll know to pay close attention to the gap to ensure it's smoother.

gallery_30308_15503_12138.jpg

It's good to start getting my Stormies together finally, but there's still plenty more to come!