Forewarned is forearmed - the ETL is a coming.

SW1

Might bullgryns with slab shields actually make for a decent points to effort ratio?
Also, mehman, if you paint a whole platoon, I (and likely others) will always remember you as that guy who painted a whole platoon for the ETL. Such would be worth way more than any points contribution, particularly in motivation to others for completions: They will say, "hey look, this guy is willing to paint 50+ models for such small points, if he can do that, I can totally finish my vow too."

Might bullgryns with slab shields actually make for a decent points to effort ratio?

Also, mehman, if you paint a whole platoon, I (and likely others) will always remember you as that guy who painted a whole platoon for the ETL. Such would be worth way more than any points contribution, particularly in motivation to others for completions: They will say, "hey look, this guy is willing to paint 50+ models for such small points, if he can do that, I can totally finish my vow too."

I second this!!!

To do a platoon is a worthy challenge and will be honoured!!!

Hey, where is all the remembering and plaudits for the platoons done for the last ETL? :lol: Good to see you +DAN+ I look forward to seeing your models :tu:

As for Bullgryns they're quite expensive, but a fair amount of work as they're very large with a lot of surface area. Of course you should be doing them because they're cool models and look great ;)

Hey, where is all the remembering and plaudits for the platoons done for the last ETL? laugh.png Good to see you +DAN+ I look forward to seeing your models thumbsup.gif

As for Bullgryns they're quite expensive, but a fair amount of work as they're very large with a lot of surface area. Of course you should be doing them because they're cool models and look great msn-wink.gif

It seemed to me that mehman was planning on painting a full platoon of 5 squads plus command (55 seems so much bigger than 25 for some reason, if only because I have so rarely seen a fully painted full platoon under any circumstances, where two infantry squads is pretty common (not that I am one to talk, only 2 of my guard are painted)). Still I do not wish to forget your contribution, looking back, I do like that slung lasgun btw, additionally, your superheavy you were working on was pretty distracting.

Thanks, I'm hoping to add a second SH but time along with other things are threatening. Still, what's better than the ETL to motivate you to find a way? Meh is just about crazy enough to paint an entire Platoon for the ETL, it's certainly possible in the time frame but I expect any further vows would have to be armour based to save what precious sanity remained! :P

Wow. I don't really know what to say other than thank you thanks.gif! That's some high praise, Teetengee!

I fully agree, Lord Commissar. My sanity was hijacked by the gnomes that eat dryer socks a few years back and nothing's been the same since turned.gif! Just the other day I was thinking about some Ogryns but...oh, well maybe.

Well, I've sat down and thought about this whole "vow" thing. This is in no way official as the event hasn't been created, but here's a rough outline of what's going on:

1x Platoon Command Squad

5x Infantry Squads

2x Heavy Weapons Squads

3x Special Weapons Squads

2x Militarum Tempestus Scions

So that's 95 guardsmen if you count the Heavy Weapons Squads as two guardsmen apiece (for the purposes of painting, of course) or 89 guardsmen if you count the Heavy Weapons Squads as one model. Should I add in some Ogryns? Thoughts?

Company Command squad for an even 100, or maybe some ogryns? What do you need painted for your armies?

I was thinking about a Company Command Squad but I think I'll need some more bitz before that happens. A colonel should look his part biggrin.png! Really, since I don't play anymore, there is nothing that needs to be painted. All I can figure is that I'm cleaning out my closet. Well, that or I really just like painting camouflage on guardsmen. On reflection, my end goal is to have a whole company painted and this is the perfect place to start.

Start with the Platoon and see how you do. If you have the time afterwards you can look at how you vow the Scions and/or Ogryns smile.png

I'm liking this idea, Lord Commissar. I guess 95 guardsmen is enough but, as ridiculous as this sounds (and I'm not joking), I'm not sure that's enough. It's not like I'm after some fancy "Most Vowed" medal or something- it's really not. The total comes to just over 1,000 points so I'm sure that wouldn't cut it anyway.

The only thing I can guess is that I don't want to feel useless anymore. I've spent the last year of my life being no help to anyone with any meaningful task. I've left my gaming group due to the inability to play and/or enjoy the game. Every second of every day is spent in pain because my body has decided to attack itself at the cellular level. In a way, doing this platoon is my rising from the proverbial ashes and becoming the embodiment of the Phoenix. With it, hopefully, some barriers will be opened. If they won't open, they'll be destroyed by a huge personal achievement that means something very personal to me.

Apologies for the outburst. On topic: I'll save the Ogryns for a second vow, maybe smile.png.

Archived