Liber Challenge vow - the Order of Machaeram

Aqui

med_gallery_51296_8390_7951.jpg

"Cowards! I should have nailed your worthless hide to the Bastion you vowed to defend! I will hunt you to the ends of the galaxy! I swear this to Him on Earth!" - the parting exchange between Canoness Superior Sylia Stengovich of the eventual Order of Machaeram and the former Imperial Guard commander, Colonel Buryon J. Mason, latterly known as Buryon the Trecherous.

Order name and History[/skullheaderhalf]
The Order originates from a small contingent of Sisters of the Order of Our Martyred Lady, based on a world called Machaeram. Dedicated to defending worlds nearby, the Order working in tandem with an Imperial Guard regiment called Gehnum's 87th "The Boomers" a heavy infantry regiment. The Guardsmen were wary of the Order initially, mainly due to their fervour in battle and the measures taken to expose and deal with Heresy. After a decade of fighting, mostly concentrated within the Linna system, both were taken out of rotation to resupply and rest. On the way back to their respective worlds, the Canoness Superior discovered that their allies were Heretics themselves. Turning around to make chase, the Orders' flagship was attacked by a force of Chaos Space Marines. Left crippled and adrift, the Order was unable to pick up the trail of their new quarry.

The Order spent many years searching, each world they scoured showed signs that the regiment were looking for a particular artefact, one that would result in the apotheosis of the Colonel by releasing a torrent of Daemons into the material galaxy. They had had no luck, the regiment suffering high casualties. Interrogating a wounded guardsman left behind, they were given the last world the Colonel would search, the Order's own home-world. Horrified that such a thing could exist under their very noses, the Sororitas made haste back to Machaeram, only to find it ablaze, the native populace either dead or turned, willing slaves to the Colonel, who had now taken the moniker of Buryon the Treacherous. On a mountain top, the two fought, their struggle to overcome the other frantic. A landslide made the Colonel fall to the depths below, but the Canoness did not believe he had perished as there were signs of his handiwork on worlds on the outer edges of the Quincy Sector.
The Sisters led by Canoness Sylia Stengovitch strove to emulate the feats of the larger Order, ever eager to root out Heresy, ever eager to be acknowledged as equals. The failure to see the corruption of their former allies resulted in being stripped of their heraldry and colours, their deeds struck from record. Forced to wear grey armour and tabards, they were commanded to make a pilgrimage to the distant Shrine World of Romanov II to atone for their foolish pride and to redeem themselves. Their journey took longer than it should have, as they diverted their path following any lead that would bring them closer to the Traitors that brought them low. After twenty years, the Order finally arrived at Romanov II, weary and overstretched. Upon visiting the shrine at the Capitol, Canoness Stengovitch was brought before the Sectors head of the Ecclesiarchy in a private ceremony to determine whether they had truly atoned. The affair was never officially documented, but soon after, the small group was ordered to return, a new determination set in their minds. Armour still dark grey, they now sported green tabards and bore the sigil of a sword. Setting a course, the new Order of Machaeram vowed to destroy the Heretical regiment. The remainder of Machaeram's native population were mostly put to death, their numbers replaced by workers from other worlds nearby. The Sisters' renewed duty has given them an even harder edge, showing no mercy for any transgression against the Emperor.

The Order has renewed their vow to end the Heretical Gehnum's 87th "The Boomers" regiments machinations once and for all.

Home planet[/skullheaderhalf]
Machaeram is primarily an Agri-world, mainly yielding various cereals for the Imperium at large. A small world within the Xeroid system, it's inhabitants are pious and unimaginative, the hard toil in the fields is ambition enough. A yearly tithe of orphaned girls or those who were of age were taken as their due and trained in the Doctrines of the Order to supplement recruitment from the Schola Progenium. The larger inhabited planet, Gehnum was mainly used to muster troops for the Guard and had done so for millennia. The high turnover of recruits had left the planet with a significant dip in population levels, the natives becoming more and more bitter that their destiny was ultimately to die forgotten on a far off battlefield. The seeds of corruption was brought to bear by an unknown instigator, so subtle in their work that the Heresy was not found out until it was too late.

Order Founder

Sylia Stengovitch was a fierce woman, her pious heart was broken with the knowledge that she has fought along side traitors to the Imperium and Him on Earth. After her Orders' pilgrimage, her fervour became even greater - nothing would stay her hand from destroying that which had brought her Sisters shame and will bring all before her to the flame to accomplish her goal.

[skullheaderhalf=206906]Notable Sisters

Irene Chang - A Seraphim Superior who, with her biological Sister Reika, were instrumental in rooting out and destroying a Slaaneshi Cult on Eufestus XI
Reika Chang - A Seraphim Sister
Lisa Vanette - A Celestian Sister who sacrificed her life to save her Canoness. Was latterly known as Lisa the Unyielding.
Naoko - A Sister belonging to Canoness Superior Stengovitch's command squad.
Sylvie - A Repressor tank driver who smashed the walls of the city known as Lucitant on the planet Gorumn, allowing the Order to gain victory.
Anri - A Sister who fought with Iron Lord Hubros's Second Company of the Steel Wings Chapter and was instrumental in helping him prevent the Bahltimyr Reavers from corrupting the planet Mu'kin.

[skullheaderhalf=206906]Significant battles joined

- The battle of Eufestus XI

Fighting alongside the Amber Dragons Chapter, the Order destroyed 10,000 Cultists who were ill prepared for the furious assault launched against them. The Cult leader, Amanos the sickened was torn to pieces by Irene Chang with her chainsword Aypeeteya, named after one of the mountain ranges to the north of the Order's Chapel-fortress.

- The sacking Mu'Kin

The Bahltimyr Reavers were denied their prize of an artifact of Xenos origin that would have defeated the combined force of the Steel Wings' Second Company and a small detachment of Sisters. Swearing vengeance, Rai Lurweiss would escape and attack the Order in transit to the Ermentia Cascade 15 years later. Edited by Aquilanus

I've decided to create a new DIY Order especially for the Liber Challenge - C+C most welcome. I've enjoyed it so far :happy.:

Minor point of order: Isn't the midriff part of the armor rather than cloth?

Probably :laugh.: I'll have another go tomorrow :smile.:

Blimey Aqs, we must be psychically linked or something! And there I was thinking silver with green would be nice and unique, we've even both put white on the helm!!!! Great minds and all that.... :lol:

Blimey Aqs, we must be psychically linked or something! And there I was thinking silver with green would be nice and unique, we've even both put white on the helm!!!! Great minds and all that.... :laugh.:

I'm not tied to the green yet, so it might change to another colour. I did do one where the cloth is a burnt/dirty orange, but couldn't quite get the shade the way I wanted it...

But, yeah great minds... :wink:

I believe that the corset is leather/ cloth over the armor, much in the way of the gloves that some of the Sisters wear.

Order of the (Unshakable, Devout, Steadfast) Vigil; perhaps?

Dig the colors and the backstory.

I believe that the corset is leather/ cloth over the armor, much in the way of the gloves that some of the Sisters wear.

Order of the (Unshakable, Devout, Steadfast) Vigil; perhaps?

Dig the colors and the backstory.

The traitorous regiment will show up again in a challenge further down the line (I like to get my DIY's to interact with each other :happy.: )

• 4 weeks later...

Well done, but for the misspelled words, e.g., "trecherous" instead of "treacherous". I'm surprised at the sheer number of 'Bubblegum Crisis' references, however; can't help but expect armor like this.

I'm usually far, far, far more subtle than that (doesn't help that it's one of my favourite series of all time and was being played when I was writing the post) :laugh.: but my mind went blank at the last minute regarding Sisters names :sad.: I'll address that issue sooner than later :smile.: