Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage and the colossal rule

UlsanGamer

Hey guys quick question.

The colossal rule states that a model WITH this weapon piles in an fights at initiative 1.

This seems to imply that even if you use an ether blade, he still fights at initiative 1!

Please say it ain't so! Is this lazy wording or clear intent?

There are two trains of thought: either rules like this apply regardless of whether the model is even using the weapon, or a weapon's special rules only apply when the weapon is actively being used.

I had always played the latter since it was previously the more disadvantageous interpretation (such as when the model has the Blade of Blood and an Axe of Khorne), however the former seems to be the more RAW interpretation.

I think there is only one entity capable of giving the answer to this question, and we'll have to wait for an erratum to get that answer.

Until then, I'd say it must be played as written unless you and your friends agree on doing otherwise, which would obviously be advantageous.

Frankly, I don't really understand the arguments. Or rather, I see both issues as pretty straightforward. Doesn't say "when making attacks with this weapon" or anything like that. Who are we, as mere mortals, to attempt to interpret the rules differently? msn-wink.gif

its a pain as model-wise its my favourite one, if i were to make one, though i would use one of the other heads for it.

At the Local shop one person did a little bit of converting and greenstufing to give his Thirster both the little and the big axe. So he can uses it as either depending on what role he needs when writing his army list.

Hey guys quick question.

The colossal rule states that a model WITH this weapon piles in an fights at initiative 1.

This seems to imply that even if you use an ether blade, he still fights at initiative 1!

Please say it ain't so! Is this lazy wording or clear intent?

Isn't this question redundant as he cannot have an Etherblade anyway?

I mean, I have seen pictures from white dwarf on the web where you could buy daemonic rewards for Bloodthirsters,

but this option is gone in the final Codex.

Archived