Has my Green Stuff Gone Bad?

I haven't used my Green Stuff putty in a while, but its been stored in a tight ziplock bag in the house. However, its super shiney before I mix the Yellow and Blue parts together and when I do mix them its very difficult to do so. When it is mixed its a dark shade of green and its not very plyable.

Has it gone bad?

Can it be saved?

or should I just buy new?

By the way, I am trying to use it to make Casts of Shoulder Pads and Impressions on to Blank shoulder Pads.

Thanks.

Similar question, but more often then not i'm getting reasonable sized lumps of (more often than not) the yellow part of the mix in the combined blob, and i'm pretty sure to mix it as much as i can, keep it wet while mixing, and try to get it looking as consistently green as possible (no blue/yellow showing). But still every time i'm getting the lumps.

I will admit, i did buy it bulk off ebay, and not in any sort of real packaging, so wondering if its a cheap knock-off of the GW green-stuff, and that's the problem? Or its a bad batch? gone bad? or just i'm stupid lol and i need to mix it even more than i am doing?

The cheaper stuff and the GW stuff are exactly the same in everything but price. The little lumps you're getting are from where the two colours have been stored touching each other. Where they come into contact, tiny amounts of each colour combine at the surface and begin to cure. My best advice is to split the two strips apart, cut off and discard the edges of each colour where they have been wedged together, and then store the two colours separately in individual zip lock bags.

If it's not going to work for you're models because it is to stiff make some scenery, a couple of sand bag fox holes .

That way you won't have to waste it.

Mix it up roll a big fat tube cut the tube into even lengths press flat with some course fabric and stack them up add a few seams and your done.

The stiffness will make the job a little easier and the lumps won't matter if the they are under the other sand bags.

Lemonade from lemons

Most importantly post pics of the finished work

Mine is..hm..gonna say going on 6 years old?  The last year or so I don't even bother closing up the package when I'm done.  The blue is damn near bulletproof.  Mind the chunky bits, add lots of yellow (the natural solution for getting lighter shades of green, after all), and you have good tacky sticky stuff.  Almost garbage for sculpting, but then I'm total garbage at sculpting, so, yeah, depends on what you're using it for.

I use mine to stick bits to spare sprue bits for painting :lol:

Think that's bad?  You should see my liquid green stuff :teehee:

The cheaper stuff and the GW stuff are exactly the same in everything but price. The little lumps you're getting are from where the two colours have been stored touching each other. Where they come into contact, tiny amounts of each colour combine at the surface and begin to cure. My best advice is to split the two strips apart, cut off and discard the edges of each colour where they have been wedged together, and then store the two colours separately in individual zip lock bags.

Thanks for the tip, i bought it in bulk so can cut out the middle bits and it wont be too much of a loss.

Just bought some new Green Stuff, compared to what I had its definitely 1000 times better. Much Greener and more malliable. and easier to Mould and Cut.

So yes My Old Green Stuff had Gone Bad.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Archived